Posted to alt.home.repair

Default broken piston rod

simililar job:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Km8ttNpJXpM
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 11 Jul 2016 20:01:16 -0700 (PDT), Deodiaus
wrote:

I was thinking if he can, so can I.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_4Y9j93UDY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCycms8wVC4

With several thousands of dollars of equipment and some training and
a lot of practice, perhaps.
It is NOT a simple job
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 11 Jul 2016 21:24:30 -0700 (PDT), Deodiaus
wrote:

On Monday, July 11, 2016 at 10:01:20 PM UTC-5, Deodiaus wrote:
I was thinking if he can, so can I.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_4Y9j93UDY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCycms8wVC4

Should I propane weld Al crankcase cover from the inside ?

Propane WELD?????
You ARE out of your depth. TOTALLY.
Even to aluminum braze that block takes more than you have - both
heat and expertise.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 11 Jul 2016 21:26:02 -0700 (PDT), Deodiaus
wrote:

simililar job:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Km8ttNpJXpM

Not even close - and even it is not worth the effort he'll put into
it
Posted to alt.home.repair

see http://memphis.craigslist.org/grd/5678750036.html
I was thinking of building a backcast out of plaster on the outside or just sand to keep it from melting away in case I get too hot. Then just heat it up from the inside to reseal the hole.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/12/2016 12:24 AM, Deodiaus wrote:
On Monday, July 11, 2016 at 10:01:20 PM UTC-5, Deodiaus wrote:
I was thinking if he can, so can I.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_4Y9j93UDY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCycms8wVC4

Should I propane weld Al crankcase cover from the inside ?

Propane weld? Are you using straight propane? Not hot enough.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/12/2016 1:09 AM, Deodiaus wrote:
see http://memphis.craigslist.org/grd/5678750036.html
I was thinking of building a backcast out of plaster on the outside or just sand to keep it from melting away in case I get too hot. Then just heat it up from the inside to reseal the hole.

Sure, go for it. Be sure to report back with the results.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 12 Jul 2016 04:08:24 +0100, Unquestionably Confused wrote:

On 7/11/2016 8:02 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Tue, 12 Jul 2016 00:44:18 +0100, Unquestionably Confused
wrote:

On 7/11/2016 9:36 AM, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Mon, 11 Jul 2016 15:24:02 +0100, Taxed and Spent
wrote:

[snip]

go ahead and laugh, until the generator throws a rod.

I don't have a generator.

I just can't see you as the laughing type.

I laugh at people with busted lawnmower engines.

How long does it take you with that electric lawnmower, James? Granted,
you can cover 100 square feet of lawn (or do you insist on using metric
equivalent) in a short amount of time.

Size of mower is not equal to type of mower power unit.

Of course it isn't equal. It is, however, dependent upon the size. Try
running a 60" ZTR mower with either a battery or electrical cord.

Electric mowers are just the thing for a table top "city" lawn. When
you start keeping acres manicured. . . not so much.

http://www.lawnmowerguide.co.uk/Guid...ic_Mowers.aspx
"An electric lawn mower is still suitable for large gardens as range is only limited to the length of extension lead you can get, and there are also powerful models available."

--
Boys who rub me up the wrong way come to a sticky end. -- Stephen Fry
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, July 12, 2016 at 7:42:55 AM UTC-5, James Wilkinson wrote:

http://www.lawnmowerguide.co.uk/Guid...ic_Mowers.aspx
"An electric lawn mower is still suitable for large gardens as range is only limited to the length of extension lead you can get, and there are also powerful models available."

A lead is for walking the dog...a cord is an electrical extension.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 12 Jul 2016 15:18:56 +0100, bob_villain wrote:

On Tuesday, July 12, 2016 at 7:42:55 AM UTC-5, James Wilkinson wrote:

http://www.lawnmowerguide.co.uk/Guid...ic_Mowers.aspx
"An electric lawn mower is still suitable for large gardens as range is only limited to the length of extension lead you can get, and there are also powerful models available."

A lead is for walking the dog...a cord is an electrical extension.

No, a cord is a piece of string, something like you'd pull a blind down with to keep the sun out of your window. Actually, we mostly just say "an extension", the context makes it obvious it's for electricity. Dunno why some people say lead - normally the wire is called a wire or a flex.

--
Is an infirmary a place for people who can't get it up?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, July 12, 2016 at 9:39:43 AM UTC-5, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Tue, 12 Jul 2016 15:18:56 +0100, bob_villain wrote:

On Tuesday, July 12, 2016 at 7:42:55 AM UTC-5, James Wilkinson wrote:

http://www.lawnmowerguide.co.uk/Guid...ic_Mowers.aspx
"An electric lawn mower is still suitable for large gardens as range is only limited to the length of extension lead you can get, and there are also powerful models available."

A lead is for walking the dog...a cord is an electrical extension.

No, a cord is a piece of string, something like you'd pull a blind down with to keep the sun out of your window. Actually, we mostly just say "an extension", the context makes it obvious it's for electricity. Dunno why some people say lead - normally the wire is called a wire or a flex.

--
Is an infirmary a place for people who can't get it up?

There is reinforcing in an electrical extension...that's why it's called a cord. You didn't even mention a lead for a dog...maybe you have no opinion? Fat chance of that!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 12 Jul 2016 16:50:18 +0100, bob_villain wrote:

[...]

I've never seen reinforcing in one. It's just a PVC wire the same as a flex for a device.

You didn't even mention a lead for a dog...maybe you have no opinion? Fat chance of that!

Eh? You mentioned the dog.

--
With her marriage, she got a new name and a dress.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, July 12, 2016 at 10:53:49 AM UTC-5, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Tue, 12 Jul 2016 16:50:18 +0100, bob_villain
There is reinforcing in an electrical extension...that's why it's called a cord.

I've never seen reinforcing in one. It's just a PVC wire the same as a flex for a device.

You didn't even mention a lead for a dog...maybe you have no opinion? Fat chance of that!

Eh? You mentioned the dog.

Then obviously...you've never stripped one...not very handy, are you?

Flex? No such thing!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 12 Jul 2016 16:59:33 +0100, bob_villain wrote:

On Tuesday, July 12, 2016 at 10:53:49 AM UTC-5, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Tue, 12 Jul 2016 16:50:18 +0100, bob_villain
There is reinforcing in an electrical extension...that's why it's called a cord.

I've never seen reinforcing in one. It's just a PVC wire the same as a flex for a device.

You didn't even mention a lead for a dog...maybe you have no opinion? Fat chance of that!

Eh? You mentioned the dog.

Then obviously...you've never stripped one...not very handy, are you?

Flex? No such thing!

I've stripped plenty. Here, inform yourself:
https://www.electrical-trader.co.uk/...ore-flex-cable
That's the stuff used for appliances and for extensions. In fact everything other than wires inside walls.

--
Peter is listening to "DJ Splash - Bass is kicking"
Posted to alt.home.repair

bob_villain writes:
On Tuesday, July 12, 2016 at 9:39:43 AM UTC-5, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Tue, 12 Jul 2016 15:18:56 +0100, bob_villain wr=

ote:
=20
[...]

Jeez. Would you guys take your cross-the-pond what do words mean
pointless, useless argument back to the playground?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 12 Jul 2016 17:14:37 +0100, Scott Lurndal wrote:

bob_villain writes:
[...]

He started it. And.... he's an American. All Americans are childish.

--
You know, sometimes I get the sudden urge to run around naked.
But then I just drink some Windex. It keeps me from streaking.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 12 Jul 2016 08:17:12 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 7/12/2016 1:09 AM, Deodiaus wrote:
see http://memphis.craigslist.org/grd/5678750036.html
I was thinking of building a backcast out of plaster on the outside or just sand to keep it from melting away in case I get too hot. Then just heat it up from the inside to reseal the hole.

Sure, go for it. Be sure to report back with the results.

The plaster will blow away before you get hot enough to melt. A sand
backing MIGHT work if you use refractory sand and keep it DRY,(use
binder, but not water!) Tou will need a LOT of BTIs because the whole
crankcase will act as a heat sink - sucking away all the heat you can
give it. Even to Tif weld it I'd heat the whole thing with a big
propane weed-burner or rose-bud tip torch before attempting to weld it
or you really need to "pour the coals to it" with the TIG.

Using aluminum "brazing" rods you really need to heat the whole case
pretty good too.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 12 Jul 2016 07:18:56 -0700 (PDT), bob_villain
wrote:

On Tuesday, July 12, 2016 at 7:42:55 AM UTC-5, James Wilkinson wrote:

http://www.lawnmowerguide.co.uk/Guid...ic_Mowers.aspx
"An electric lawn mower is still suitable for large gardens as range is only limited to the length of extension lead you can get, and there are also powerful models available."

A lead is for walking the dog...a cord is an electrical extension.

I can just see the idiot - even with 240 volts like they use in
Limey-Land - running a 250 foot #8 cord to get enough power to the
mower - or having half a dozen outdoor power posts scattered around
the yard so he can get away with 50 ft cords - and then forgetting and
running over the cord making 25 foot cords.

Electric is fine for the little "gardens" around the "flats" in London
or Birmingham - but living in council housing he doesn't enen need to
wory about that. A Bulimic rabbit could keep up with most of those
yards.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Tuesday, July 12, 2016 at 7:42:55 AM UTC-5, James Wilkinson wrote:

http://www.lawnmowerguide.co.uk/Guid...ic_Mowers.aspx
"An electric lawn mower is still suitable for large gardens as range is only limited to the length of extension lead you can get, and there are also powerful models available."

A lead is for walking the dog...a cord is an electrical extension.

I can just see the idiot - even with 240 volts like they use in
Limey-Land

Yes, we have proper electricity, not battery voltage.

- running a 250 foot #8 cord to get enough power to the

WTF is a #8 cord? Why do you have code numbers? Ours are sold by the amperage they take. And all extensions are 13 amp, so you can plug anything into them.

Calculating.... our 13A extensions are 16AWG, which would only drop 10 volts over 250 feet with a 1kW motor running. So your point has failed miserably.

mower - or having half a dozen outdoor power posts scattered around
the yard so he can get away with 50 ft cords - and then forgetting and
running over the cord making 25 foot cords.

Electric is fine for the little "gardens" around the "flats" in London
or Birmingham - but living in council housing

I don't live in council housing.

he doesn't enen need to
wory about that. A Bulimic rabbit could keep up with most of those
yards.

We don't mow yards, because yards are concrete. We mow lawns.

--
Sexy Sharon's sister saw saucy Sally swiftly suck seventy six soldiers sons.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, July 12, 2016 at 11:06:33 AM UTC-5, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Tue, 12 Jul 2016 16:59:33 +0100, bob_villain wrote:

On Tuesday, July 12, 2016 at 10:53:49 AM UTC-5, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Tue, 12 Jul 2016 16:50:18 +0100, bob_villain
There is reinforcing in an electrical extension...that's why it's called a cord.

I've never seen reinforcing in one. It's just a PVC wire the same as a flex for a device.

You didn't even mention a lead for a dog...maybe you have no opinion? Fat chance of that!

Eh? You mentioned the dog.

Then obviously...you've never stripped one...not very handy, are you?

Flex? No such thing!

I've stripped plenty. Here, inform yourself:
https://www.electrical-trader.co.uk/...ore-flex-cable
That's the stuff used for appliances and for extensions. In fact everything other than wires inside walls.

--
Peter is listening to "DJ Splash - Bass is kicking"

Wow, you are an idiot! Do you think a company selling wire is going to show the reinforcing material for a catalog? Maybe you have lower standards where you're at, but this would be an actual extension cord: http://tinyurl.com/h922l9n

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 12 Jul 2016 18:44:38 +0100, bob_villain wrote:

[...]

Wow, you are an idiot!

Says the guy who doesn't know what a sig delimiter is.

Do you think a company selling wire is going to show the reinforcing material for a catalog? Maybe you have lower standards where you're at, but this would be an actual extension cord: http://tinyurl.com/h922l9n

Nope, we don't use wire like that, we use wire like I showed in my link, and that's what it looks like when you strip it to replace the plug.

And why doesn't your extension cord have an earth?

--
Keith was explaining to his sister how to jump start a car.
"I explained about which cables to hook up where and in what order.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, July 12, 2016 at 12:51:17 PM UTC-5, James Wilkinson wrote:
[...]

Another ignorant question, I'm using a double-insulated tool. And your cords are truly lacking in quality and safety. I'm fairly sure I stripped similar cord from Canada and it had fiber strengthening in it. It was used on a Carroll hospital bed. Obviously, you fellas accept less!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 12 Jul 2016 19:01:56 +0100, bob_villain wrote:

[...]

Why buy an extension that you can only use on double insulated appliances? Get a 3 conductor one then it's universal.

And your cords are truly lacking in quality

I have no problem with them failing.

and safety.

Not my fault you're a bunch of pussies over there scared of a proper voltage.

I'm fairly sure I stripped similar cord from Canada and it had fiber strengthening in it. It was used on a Carroll hospital bed. Obviously, you fellas accept less!

Copper is a metal. Metals are stronger than a bit of fibre.

And what are you protecting it against? A mower blade? That would go though fibre just as easily as PVC.

--
Q: What do you call the space between Pamela Anderson's breasts?
A: Silicon Valley.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, July 12, 2016 at 1:15:56 PM UTC-5, James Wilkinson wrote:

Another ignorant question, I'm using a double-insulated tool.

Why buy an extension that you can only use on double insulated appliances? Get a 3 conductor one then it's universal. THE PICTURE IS WHAT I FOUND, AND IT IS TYPICAL CONSTRUCTION FOR 2 OR 3 WIRE.

And your cords are truly lacking in quality

I have no problem with them failing. THAT FIGURES.

and safety.

Not my fault you're a bunch of pussies over there scared of a proper voltage. NOT SURE WHERE YOU HEAD IS UP HERE?

I'm fairly sure I stripped similar cord from Canada and it had fiber strengthening in it. It was used on a Carroll hospital bed. Obviously, you fellas accept less!

Copper is a metal. Metals are stronger than a bit of fibre. YOU DIDN'T MENTION CANADA MAY HAVE BETTER STANDARDS THAN YOU CHARACTERS...hmmmm.

And what are you protecting it against? A mower blade? That would go though fibre just as easily as PVC. I WOULD SAY IT'S THERE FOR EXTRA PROTECTION FROM ABRASION. RUBBER AND FIBER IS BETTER THAN YOUR PVC. I'M DONE WITH YOU!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 12 Jul 2016 19:29:09 +0100, bob_villain wrote:

On Tuesday, July 12, 2016 at 1:15:56 PM UTC-5, James Wilkinson wrote:

Another ignorant question, I'm using a double-insulated tool.

Why buy an extension that you can only use on double insulated appliances? Get a 3 conductor one then it's universal. THE PICTURE IS WHAT I FOUND, AND IT IS TYPICAL CONSTRUCTION FOR 2 OR 3 WIRE.

Why are you writing in capitals on the same line as me?

And your cords are truly lacking in quality

I have no problem with them failing. THAT FIGURES.

I guess I'm more careful than you.

and safety.

Not my fault you're a bunch of pussies over there scared of a proper voltage. NOT SURE WHERE YOU HEAD IS UP HERE?

That's not even English.

I'm fairly sure I stripped similar cord from Canada and it had fiber strengthening in it. It was used on a Carroll hospital bed. Obviously, you fellas accept less!

Copper is a metal. Metals are stronger than a bit of fibre. YOU DIDN'T MENTION CANADA MAY HAVE BETTER STANDARDS THAN YOU CHARACTERS...hmmmm.

Unnecessary standards.

And what are you protecting it against? A mower blade? That would go though fibre just as easily as PVC. I WOULD SAY IT'S THERE FOR EXTRA PROTECTION FROM ABRASION. RUBBER AND FIBER IS BETTER THAN YOUR PVC. I'M DONE WITH YOU!

It's INSIDE the PVC. So not effective against abrasion.

--
On going to war over religion:
You're basically killing each other to see who's got the better imaginary friend. -- Richard Jeni

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, July 11, 2016 at 8:29:02 AM UTC-4, Terry Coombs wrote:
Deodiaus wrote:
The crank case gas a 2" X crack. Is crank made from steel or Al? I
was thinking of having it professionally welded if less than $60. Or
using a Mg sparkler ;
I was watching youtube about using JB Weld?

Your obvious lack of expertise in this field leads me to recommend you just
buy another motor . The chances of a successful repair -in light of your
questions - are between slim and none . I recently rebuilt a Kohler KT17Q
opposed twin that had a broken rod . It took a new crank , rods , pistons ,
and a machine shop and TIG welder to repair . I have all these tools , you
don't or you wouldn't be talking about using JB Weld ...

--
Snag

+1

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, July 11, 2016 at 9:51:17 AM UTC-4, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Mon, 11 Jul 2016 04:07:39 +0100, Deodiaus wrote:

I have a Honda 530 GXV engine for a riding mower with a broken piston rod (13200-Z0A-801). I found ones on the internet, but they go for $60, which is a lot for this. Does anyone have an idea of how close are the tolerances for other onces that I might find? If I go to a junk auto yard, do I have a reasonable chance of finding one in a car with the same dimensions, or do cars use much bigger ones? If I look around for lawn mowers, with a Honda engine, how much of a chance is there that I'd find one which fits, or are they really propriatary with custom dimensions.

I like to laugh at people having trouble with old fashioned petrol mowers.. Electricity is the future.

I like to laugh at stupid Britts who think that we use riding lawn mowers
to mow a 100 sq meter lawn. Try mowing an acre or two with an electric
and see how it goes. And how long the expensive batteries in in last
compared to a gas engine.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Large "garden" is what, 1000 sq meters? Try using that extension cord on
an acre or two and see how it goes. BTW, this is a riding mower we're talking
about. You see riding electric mowers with power cords dragging behind
much?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 12 Jul 2016 21:51:25 +0100, trader_4 wrote:

[...]

An acre? 63m by 63m? I have a standard extension reel here that's 50m. I'm sure I could get a longer one or use two. No batteries needed.

--
Beating your wife is like keying your own car.
Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

If you have a couple of acres, that's a field, why not put cattle on it or a horse?

--
Heaven forbid that we allow men and women to become heroes.
Too many regulations exist to keep cowards from being embarrassed.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 12 Jul 2016 10:44:38 -0700 (PDT), bob_villain
wrote:

[...]

Except to be legal here it would also need to have a green wire in
it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

No, because we're not big fat yanks that like to sit down to do everything. You want fries with that?

--
Heaven forbid that we allow men and women to become heroes.
Too many regulations exist to keep cowards from being embarrassed.
"Cowards die many times before their deaths. The valiant never taste of death but once." -- Julius Caesar by William Shakespeare.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Thanks for your support...that is the ****ing picture I found, rather than splitting one of my cords to take a picture! Jesus!
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

You need marijuana.

--
Someday we'll look back on all this and plough into a parked car.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Except to be legal here it would also need to have a green wire in
it.

Thanks for your support...that is the ****ing picture I found, rather than splitting one of my cords to take a picture! Jesus!

You need marijuana.

You need an enema...with extreme prejudice.

how hot should an piston air compressor get Ashton Crusher[_2_] Home Repair 9 October 14th 09 06:42 PM
piston pouring Jerry Wass Metalworking 0 February 11th 09 12:24 AM
What's your Piston Count? Vortex UK diy 44 January 19th 07 12:31 AM
Lawnboy piston help fish Home Repair 34 December 5th 05 11:47 AM
Piston Hinge?? Rob V Woodworking 5 October 20th 05 01:06 PM