Posted to alt.home.repair
bob_villain bob_villain is offline

Default broken piston rod

On Tuesday, July 12, 2016 at 1:15:56 PM UTC-5, James Wilkinson wrote:

Another ignorant question, I'm using a double-insulated tool.

Why buy an extension that you can only use on double insulated appliances? Get a 3 conductor one then it's universal. THE PICTURE IS WHAT I FOUND, AND IT IS TYPICAL CONSTRUCTION FOR 2 OR 3 WIRE.

And your cords are truly lacking in quality

I have no problem with them failing. THAT FIGURES.

and safety.

Not my fault you're a bunch of pussies over there scared of a proper voltage. NOT SURE WHERE YOU HEAD IS UP HERE?

I'm fairly sure I stripped similar cord from Canada and it had fiber strengthening in it. It was used on a Carroll hospital bed. Obviously, you fellas accept less!

Copper is a metal. Metals are stronger than a bit of fibre. YOU DIDN'T MENTION CANADA MAY HAVE BETTER STANDARDS THAN YOU CHARACTERS...hmmmm.

And what are you protecting it against? A mower blade? That would go though fibre just as easily as PVC. I WOULD SAY IT'S THERE FOR EXTRA PROTECTION FROM ABRASION. RUBBER AND FIBER IS BETTER THAN YOUR PVC. I'M DONE WITH YOU!