Posted to alt.home.repair
James Wilkinson James Wilkinson is offline

Default broken piston rod

On Tue, 12 Jul 2016 21:51:25 +0100, trader_4 wrote:

On Monday, July 11, 2016 at 9:51:17 AM UTC-4, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Mon, 11 Jul 2016 04:07:39 +0100, Deodiaus wrote:

I have a Honda 530 GXV engine for a riding mower with a broken piston rod (13200-Z0A-801). I found ones on the internet, but they go for $60, which is a lot for this. Does anyone have an idea of how close are the tolerances for other onces that I might find? If I go to a junk auto yard, do I have a reasonable chance of finding one in a car with the same dimensions, or do cars use much bigger ones? If I look around for lawn mowers, with a Honda engine, how much of a chance is there that I'd find one which fits, or are they really propriatary with custom dimensions.

I like to laugh at people having trouble with old fashioned petrol mowers. Electricity is the future.

I like to laugh at stupid Britts who think that we use riding lawn mowers
to mow a 100 sq meter lawn. Try mowing an acre or two with an electric
and see how it goes. And how long the expensive batteries in in last
compared to a gas engine.

If you have a couple of acres, that's a field, why not put cattle on it or a horse?

--
Heaven forbid that we allow men and women to become heroes.
Too many regulations exist to keep cowards from being embarrassed.