Posted to alt.home.repair

Default (OT) Cellphone App that amazes me

On Sunday, March 27, 2016 at 9:00:55 AM UTC-5, trader_4 wrote:
On Sunday, March 27, 2016 at 4:06:54 AM UTC-4, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Friday, March 25, 2016 at 2:55:00 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Fri, 25 Mar 2016 08:26:26 -0700 (PDT), bob haller
wrote:

my GF has a smart phone, she spends all her time on it.

why did it ring, beep, or bop? must respond immediately..

she looks up all sorts of meaningless stuff, and its big time waster.....

There are two people who come to the local bar, who sit in the back room
with a beer, and never srop looking at their phones. Other people have
commented on them too. If you try to talk to them, they usually dont
even respond, or just give a yes or no answer. I've looked at the screen
on their phone and it's mostly facebook. I cant imagine why they even
come to the bar. It would be easier and cheaper to just stay home and
stare at their phone with a beer. The funny thing, those two are one
male, ome female, and they are always together. It's been a joke with
others at the bar, that someday those two will get married and spend
their honeymoon in a motel staring at facebook on their phones!!! With
any luck, they will have intercourse over their phones too, and if any
children are born later, the kids will have numerals on them, and will
only make beeping sounds.....

Smartphones are "The Mark Of The Beast". Soon everyone will have to own one or they will not be able to function. You won't be able to purchase anything because there will be no more cash and your SmartAssPhone will be the only way you can access your bank account. There is a push by the government to do away with tangible currency and switch the economy to electronic money which the feds can turn off if you don't behave yourself. You'll be required to have a SAP,"SmartAssPhone" to travel, to enter buildings, start your vehicle, obtain food and medical care. You won't be able to walk down a street without your SAP since law enforcement will be notified that an unmarked human is loose because the cameras will pick you up without a GPS location signal coming from a SAP. Of course subjects of The Imperial Federal Government could just wind up with an electronic chip implanted in their skulls at birth. Perhaps it's simply a lot of paranoid garbage? o_O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypr18UmxOas

[8~{} Uncle Paranoid Monster

While I was having my coffee, two new examples of the big boot of liberal govt
were on the radio news:

1 - A new ban passed by NYC taking effect on e-cigarettes at Yankee Stadium
and Citi Field. Once again, the libs just can't get enough of controlling
you and your life. They started with banning smoking in most public places,
then restaurants, bars, businesses, but they never will be satisfied. So,
now, they are starting in on e-cigarettes. Note that I've never smoked
cigarettes, but I've never had the need to control what everyone does
either. This is a good example of why gun owners believe every law that
the libs want to pass is just part of a natural progression to eliminate
all guns.

2 - A new law in NY makes it mandatory for doctors to write prescriptions
electronically. Again, the whole world is moving there on it's own.
My doc started doing it years ago. It's happening, yet again, the libs
insist on yet another law, to force it to happen. We've gotting along
for 200 years with written ones, yet now they just have to force it
down every doctors throats. Again, an example of big govt that just
has to get involved.

And while I'm on the subject, here's a good example of what big govt
is up to. Some years ago, a local gas station did a promo with a
local radio station, where they were selling gas at a deep discount.
Within hours the state regulators showed up to enforce a law from
the 1930s that says it's illegal to sell gasoline below cost. Isn't
it interesting that we have a bunch of regulators sitting around,
aware of and ready to jump with an hour's notice, to enforce silly
laws against such heinous crimes? They are good at persecuting
smokers, controlling what we eat, how much salt we can have, what
size soda we can buy. And meanwhile in lib utopias
like Belgium, they can't find terrorists they knew about since
November. They finally caught one 5 days before Brussels got
blown up and in all that time, they interrogated him for only 2 hours,
and never once asked if there were any other imminent plots in the
works.

The feds frak with citizens because they can't find the illegal aliens. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Alien Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/27/2016 10:00 AM, trader_4 wrote:

1 - A new ban passed by NYC taking effect on e-cigarettes at Yankee Stadium
and Citi Field. Once again, the libs just can't get enough of controlling
you and your life. They started with banning smoking in most public places,
then restaurants, bars, businesses, but they never will be satisfied. So,
now, they are starting in on e-cigarettes. Note that I've never smoked
cigarettes, but I've never had the need to control what everyone does
either.

I have mixed feeling on that. You should not need the government to
tell you how to respect others and to be courteous, but I don't want
anyone blowing smoke or vapor at me either. At a stadium. I paid for a
seat and one is assigned to me so I can't easily move away.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, March 27, 2016 at 10:35:15 AM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 3/27/2016 10:00 AM, trader_4 wrote:

1 - A new ban passed by NYC taking effect on e-cigarettes at Yankee Stadium
and Citi Field. Once again, the libs just can't get enough of controlling
you and your life. They started with banning smoking in most public places,
then restaurants, bars, businesses, but they never will be satisfied. So,
now, they are starting in on e-cigarettes. Note that I've never smoked
cigarettes, but I've never had the need to control what everyone does
either.

I have mixed feeling on that. You should not need the government to
tell you how to respect others and to be courteous, but I don't want
anyone blowing smoke or vapor at me either. At a stadium. I paid for a
seat and one is assigned to me so I can't easily move away.

They didn't just ban them where you're seated, they banned them from
the entire venue. Which is soooo typical. I have no problem with a
ban on smoking in bars, restaurants, etc. But that wasn't good enough
for these lib crusaders. They made it illegal to have an entirely
separate room, with it's own ventilation. They made it illegal to have
a private cigar dinner there once a year too. In the case of beaches, banning
smoking from 95% of the beach, leaving a small smoking section, that
wasn't acceptable either. When they instituted bans on smoking indoors,
you could stand outside the doorway. That wasn't good enough either,
so they instituted bans where you couldn't be within 25 ft of an
entrance, or not smoke on the entire property, etc. In other words,
reasonable compromise is useless and that's why gun owners are so
resistant to any new gun laws, because they know there is no end. Give
them an inch and they just keep coming back for more.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

My browser must be having problems today. It seems to have left out the
section of your post related to smartphone apps.

Could you please repost it..I'm sure it was very interesting.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/27/2016 4:06 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
[...]

You're right! My Verizon HTC Desire 612 phone came with an ISIS Wallet app. LOL

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/27/2016 10:00 AM, trader_4 wrote:
While I was having my coffee, two new examples of the big boot of liberal govt
were on the radio news:

1 - A new ban passed by NYC taking effect on e-cigarettes at Yankee Stadium
and Citi Field. Once again, the libs just can't get enough of controlling
you and your life. They started with banning smoking in most public places,
then restaurants, bars, businesses, but they never will be satisfied. So,
now, they are starting in on e-cigarettes.

Smokers are extra stupid and are a danger to all of us. They need to be controlled.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message
On Sunday, March 27, 2016 at 10:00:55 AM UTC-4, trader_4 wrote:
..

My browser must be having problems today. It seems to have left out the
section of your post related to smartphone apps.

Could you please repost it..I'm sure it was very interesting.

Here is one, saw in the news where a town was wanting to ban any electronic
device use while walking. Seems that too many people are getting hirt
because they are looking at the phone instead of paying attention to where
they are walking.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/27/2016 11:59 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:

Here is one, saw in the news where a town was wanting to ban any electronic
device use while walking. Seems that too many people are getting hirt
because they are looking at the phone instead of paying attention to where
they are walking.

I would think most people would only get hurt once and figure out what
went wrong. There have been deaths reported too.
Posted to alt.home.repair

.
My browser must be having problems today. It seems to have left out the
section of your post related to smartphone apps.

Could you please repost it..I'm sure it was very interesting.

Here is one, saw in the news where a town was wanting to ban any electronic
device use while walking. Seems that too many people are getting hirt
because they are looking at the phone instead of paying attention to where
they are walking.

A group of guys sitting in a holding cell. "Hey bud, what are ya in for?" Guy answers,"Text Walking. It's my third arrest and my phone has been confiscated." ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Text Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 27 Mar 2016 11:39:27 -0400, Max
wrote:

Smokers are extra stupid and are a danger to all of us. They need to be controlled.

What country do you live in? You seem to be superior to others in your
thinking and others should accept your greatness without regard for
their individual liberty and freedom. Only your thinking is the
approved method so others need to be controlled to your desires.

I bet you report a neighbor that has a dandelion growing in his yard,
too. So much compassion and tolerance. BTW you did snip out some
context as to Trader's point. I bet twenty bucks you are a bleeding
heart liberal do-gooder.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/27/2016 10:59 AM, trader_4 wrote:
In other words,
reasonable compromise is useless and that's why gun owners are so
resistant to any new gun laws, because they know there is no end. Give
them an inch and they just keep coming back for more.

I think a reasonable compromise on guns is to repeal
every law dated since 1960.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default (OT) legal encroachment that amazes me

[...]

I've noticed that legal progression. Not only guns and
smoking, but every thing else.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/27/2016 3:35 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:

A group of guys sitting in a holding cell.

"Hey bud, what are ya in for?" Guy answers,
"Text Walking. It's my third arrest and my
phone has been confiscated." ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Text Monster

Guy with leather, studs and tattoos speaks up:
"I'm in for drinking soda pop from too large
a cup."

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default (OT) judicial priorities that amazes me

On 3/27/2016 3:35 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:

A group of guys sitting in a holding cell.

"Hey bud, what are ya in for?" Guy answers,
"Text Walking. It's my third arrest and my
phone has been confiscated." ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Text Monster

County jail booking got a call from a judge.
"Better release a couple of those jihadists.
I'm sending you a couple text walkers, to be
held without bail."

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, March 27, 2016 at 10:27:53 PM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
[...]

I'm horribly allergic to tobacco smoke or any other byproducts of combustion that moronic humans purposely inhale. There was a big forest fire south of town some years ago and the smoke was carried by the wind in my direction.. Even though I couldn't see any trace of the smoke, my nose started bleeding. o_O

I'm all for adults being free to destroy their minds and bodies with whatever drugs or chemicals they wish to consume as long as they don't harm anyone else especially children and that the taxpayers don't have to pay for the result of the dumbass's idiotic behavior. O_o

[8~{} Uncle Smart Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Smokers are extra stupid and are a danger to all of us. They need to be controlled.

What country do you live in? You seem to be superior to others in your
thinking and others should accept your greatness without regard for
their individual liberty and freedom. Only your thinking is the
approved method so others need to be controlled to your desires.

I bet you report a neighbor that has a dandelion growing in his yard,
too. So much compassion and tolerance. BTW you did snip out some
context as to Trader's point. I bet twenty bucks you are a bleeding
heart liberal do-gooder.

ROFLMAO!

Well, if you mix up a bunch of chemicals, light them on fire and then inhale the smoke repeatedly, you really can't be too smart.

All sounds a bit suicidal, no?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._in_cigarettes
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Smokers are extra stupid and are a danger to all of us. They need to
be controlled.

What country do you live in? You seem to be superior to others in your
thinking and others should accept your greatness without regard for
their individual liberty and freedom. Only your thinking is the
approved method so others need to be controlled to your desires.

I bet you report a neighbor that has a dandelion growing in his yard,
too. So much compassion and tolerance. BTW you did snip out some
context as to Trader's point. I bet twenty bucks you are a bleeding
heart liberal do-gooder.

ROFLMAO!

Well, if you mix up a bunch of chemicals, light them on fire and then
inhale the smoke repeatedly, you really can't be too smart.

All sounds a bit suicidal, no?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._in_cigarettes

The oldest person in the world (aged 122) smoked all of her life and
only gave up at the age of 117.

Oldest person ever | Guinness World Records
http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/.../oldest-person
The greatest fully authenticated age to which any human has ever lived
is 122 ... 1924), Jeanne died at a nursing home in Arles, southern
France on 4 August 1997. ... port, chocolate and although she enjoyed
smoking, she gave up in 1995

--
Bod
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Most smokers are either dead or sucking on an oxygen bottle by age 75.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Makes one wonder how she lived 47 years older than 75 then.

--
Bod

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/27/2016 11:27 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 3/27/2016 9:59 AM, trader_4 wrote:
They didn't just ban them where you're seated, they banned them from
the entire venue. Which is soooo typical. I have no problem with a
ban on smoking in bars, restaurants, etc. But that wasn't good enough
for these lib crusaders. They made it illegal to have an entirely
separate room, with it's own ventilation.

Bravo!

===========================
https://www.ushmm.org/wlc/en/article...uleId=10007392
First they came for the Socialists, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Socialist.

Then they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Trade Unionist.

Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.
============================
Maggie, what happens when they ban some thing
you like?

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, March 28, 2016 at 3:41:18 AM UTC-4, Uncle Monster wrote:
[...]

I hope you realize that with that last sentence, you've opened the door
for regulation over a lot of your life. The libs use the fact that we
all pay for a lot of other people's behavior. Bloomberg tried to regulate
the size of the soft drink you buy, the salt content of food, whether you
can have a salt shaker on a restaurant table partly because they claim
those are bad for you and result in higher healthcare costs. I could also
use it against guns, look at the cost of all those gunshot wounds, etc.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, March 28, 2016 at 7:35:20 AM UTC-5, trader_4 wrote:
[...]

I fear you may have misunderstood. I want adults to be able to register as drug users. They can become an "RDU, Registered Drug User" who can have all the dope they want even supplied by the government but there will be conditions. An RDU will have a chip implant with their registration info and a tattoo across their chest reading "Registered Drug User, Do Not Resuscitate" "RDU if OD, DNR". That way, it won't cost taxpayer money to keep them alive if they OD or do something stupid while ****ed up. RDU's will also be sterilized so they can't reproduce. They will not be allowed to operate any large motor vehicle or construction equipment. There will be many jobs they can't have. Not any job where they would transport passengers or be responsible for the welfare of others. They could not be a physician, nurse, dentist or other health care professional. No job as a cop, firefighter, EMT, corrections officer, soldier or any government or public service job. They could not be a teacher, daycare worker, nuclear power plant operator, lawyer, prosecutor or judge. They could not be a pharmacist or work in a pharmacy. An RDU could not hold public office. An RDU could not have any job requiring a professional licence. Imagine a stoned architect designing a highrise building. Just imagine a doped up utility worker repairing a large gas line under the street in front of your home. I'm all about personal responsibility and the freedom to destroy yourself as long as you don't harm anyone else due to your self destructive behavior. Perhaps there could be special dumbass insurance for the RDU's? ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Sober Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default (OT) RDU that amazes me

On 3/28/2016 10:25 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
[...]

Is that going to be like the no fly list? Can
find your self on the list at any moment, and
no way to get removed from the list?

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, March 28, 2016 at 8:21:16 AM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:
[...]

Is there an app for that?

(Just playing the same game that you do...)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 28 Mar 2016 10:49:11 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:

[...]

You silly goose. Of course it's not like the no fly list -- it's like a frequent flyer list!
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren posted for all of us...

On Sat, 26 Mar 2016 08:53:34 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

So while it is true that users can use "full functioning apps" without
a network connection, those apps with be a very small subset of all
available apps.

+1

Just used the GasBuddy App to find the lowest price diesel in the
area. That's one that obviously won't work without a network connection.
Others like the bubble level, will.

I believe 911 calls will work. People donate older phones to seniors.

It's mandated by the FCC that even unsubscribed cells get 911.

Also at our police station we take cell phones of any ilk; working or not
and send them to an organization called Cellphones for Vets. The Vets get
calling cards to use to call home. It's legit.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/28/2016 11:27 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Monday, March 28, 2016 at 8:21:16 AM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out--
Because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me.
============================
Maggie, what happens when they ban some thing
you like?

Is there an app for that?

(Just playing the same game that you do...)

Probably a Niemoller speak up ap. Extra
loud for people who aren't paying attention.

Thank you for helping keep the group on topic.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/28/2016 11:27 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Is there an app for that?

(Just playing the same game that you do...)

One point for DerbyDad03. At the end of the
game, we compare scores. One additional point
if the person you correct apologizes or
thanks you. You're up to two points on my one
email to the list.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/28/2016 1:30 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
On Mon, 28 Mar 2016 10:49:11 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Is that going to be like the no fly list? Can
find your self on the list at any moment, and
no way to get removed from the list?

You silly goose. Of course it's not like the no fly list -- it's like a frequent flyer list!

Frequent flier lists usually don't result
(quack, quack) in loss of freedoms. pecks at
Gordon's ankle with beak

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Smokers are extra stupid and are a danger to all of us. They need to be controlled.

What country do you live in? You seem to be superior to others in your
thinking and others should accept your greatness without regard for
their individual liberty and freedom. Only your thinking is the
approved method so others need to be controlled to your desires.

I bet you report a neighbor that has a dandelion growing in his yard,
too. So much compassion and tolerance. BTW you did snip out some
context as to Trader's point. I bet twenty bucks you are a bleeding
heart liberal do-gooder.

ROFLMAO!

Well, if you mix up a bunch of chemicals, light them on fire and then inhale the smoke repeatedly, you really can't be too smart.

All sounds a bit suicidal, no?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._in_cigarettes

You missed the point. Right over your head. I don't care what people
do. They are grown up and make decision for themselves. Oh, and
medical marijuana doesn't have all those chemicals. Heck, Bubba
Clinton smoked it but didn't inhale. Government just wants to control
people and interfere in their daily lives. Spit.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/28/2016 4:20 PM, Oren wrote:

Government just wants to control
people and interfere in their daily lives. Spit.

Good Lord, there you go again.
You whackjobs better wrap a few more layers of tinfoil around your heads.
Posted to alt.home.repair
WTF WTF is offline

On 3/28/2016 5:23 AM, Bod wrote:
On 28/03/2016 10:15, Buster Hymen wrote:
Most smokers are either dead or sucking on an oxygen bottle by age 75.

Makes one wonder how she lived 47 years older than 75 then.

How long would she have lived had she never smoked?

Genetics loads the gun, environment pulls the trigger.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 28 Mar 2016 18:07:29 -0400, Max
wrote:

On 3/28/2016 4:20 PM, Oren wrote:

Government just wants to control
people and interfere in their daily lives. Spit.

Good Lord, there you go again.
You whackjobs better wrap a few more layers of tinfoil around your heads.

You libtards obviously need more government telling you how to live.
Can't function otherwise. What country do you live in?!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 28 Mar 2016 18:15:40 -0400, WTF wrote:

How long would she have lived had she never smoked?

Genetics loads the gun, environment pulls the trigger.

Is there a smart phone App for that?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/28/2016 6:07 PM, Max wrote:
On 3/28/2016 4:20 PM, Oren wrote:

Government just wants to control
people and interfere in their daily lives. Spit.

Good Lord, there you go again.
You whackjobs better wrap a few more
layers of tinfoil around your heads.

The over reach of government is the reason
the colonists rebelled from England. Now,
it's far worse than back then.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/28/2016 2:41 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
[...]

I grew up in a cloud of secondhand smoke that floated from about 3 feet
off the floor to the ceiling. Both parents were chain smokers, and I
was sick a lot growing up, which caused me to loose a good portion of my
hearing. If I walk past someone who's been smoking the stench on their
clothes nauseates me, so, I guess I have some sort of allergy to it, too.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/28/2016 7:21 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
[...]

Then someone else gets to say 'bravo'?

I'll find something else to like?

Go with the flow?

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 28/03/2016 23:15, WTF wrote:
On 3/28/2016 5:23 AM, Bod wrote:
On 28/03/2016 10:15, Buster Hymen wrote:
Most smokers are either dead or sucking on an oxygen bottle by age 75.

Makes one wonder how she lived 47 years older than 75 then.

How long would she have lived had she never smoked?

Genetics loads the gun, environment pulls the trigger.

Erm! she was the longest living person on the planet and died what was
classed as a natural death. She was still riding a bicycle at 100 years old.

--
Bod
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/28/2016 11:33 PM, Bod wrote:
On 28/03/2016 23:15, WTF wrote:
On 3/28/2016 5:23 AM, Bod wrote:
On 28/03/2016 10:15, Buster Hymen wrote:
Most smokers are either dead or sucking on an oxygen bottle by age 75.

Makes one wonder how she lived 47 years older than 75 then.

How long would she have lived had she never smoked?

Genetics loads the gun, environment pulls the trigger.

Erm! she was the longest living person on the planet and died what was classed as a natural death. She was still riding a bicycle at 100 years old.

So are you saying smoking increases, decreases or has no effect on longevity?