Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Maitakegold on sale at Swanson: cancer and diabetes

Hi All,

By accident I found that Maitake Mushroom help me with my
blood sugar (I am a drug free T2 diabetic). It is a long story.

Maitake Mushroom have been used in Japan for centuries for
Diabetes, Cancer, and high blood pressure.

Anyway, it is expensive. And I found it on sale right now
at Swanson for U$D 5.09 a bottle with promo code 4SHP15.
Well Body 365:

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/swans...65-60-veg-caps

If you are bored, here are some links to research Maitake Mushrooms:

http://nutragenesis.com/products/maitakegold-404/
http://medicinal-mushrooms.net/maita...tes-treatment/
http://www.healthguideinfo.com/nutrition-basics/p31512/
http://www.maitakedfraction.org/Maitake_Benefits.html
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/paul-s...b_2908332.html
http://www.drugs.com/npp/maitake.html
https://www.mskcc.org/cancer-care/in.../herbs/maitake

-T
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/28/2016 1:05 AM, T wrote:
[...]

A friend is type-2 and exploring cinnamon. I will pass this along to him.

(Good luck!)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/28/2016 11:06 AM, Don Y wrote:
On 2/28/2016 1:05 AM, T wrote:
[...]

Hi Don,

Cinnamon is useless. The studies on it were "industry sponsored".
Apply enough money and you can make a study say anything you want.

Vanadyl Sulfate is another one that worked on me you to tell him about:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25215302
http://www.drwhitaker.com/is-vanadyl-sulfate-safe
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24842144

And get his carbs down to 15 max per meal and 60 max per day.
Plus get his Glycemic Load down to 10 per day max.

Give him this web site. It gives both carbs and load:
http://nutritiondata.self.com

And here is a good support web site:
http://www.diabetes-warrior.net/

Here is a bunch of great guys that will teach him how to cook:
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/forum7.html

And here are his new rules to live by:
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/defin...mal-blueprint/

Or he can poison himself with drugs, in which case his numbers
will go down at the expense of his overall health and he
will die on the installment program: first the feet, then the kidneys,
then the eyes, then the heart.

-T

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/28/2016 1:05 AM, T wrote:
[...]

As a diabetic person, you have more than blood sugar control to
consider. Cinnamon bark was researched by British doctors. If you use
correct daily dose it works. Vanadyl sulfate for some people works
better than Chromium. Or you can use two combined.
Two more things, to watch, maintain good blood circulation, improved
your digestive strength. Otherwise you can gain weight, cholesterol
level can rise, poor digestion can cause gas, bloating, and poor bowl
movement. Watch your BP,vision, kidney and heart in relation to
circulation. Specially in capillary vessels.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/28/2016 4:42 PM, T wrote:

Cinnamon is useless. The studies on it were "industry sponsored".
Apply enough money and you can make a study say anything you want.

Perhaps -- OTOH, just because research is sponsored doesn't automatically
invalidate the results.

I have no idea. I try not to give medical advice as I'm not a doctor.
But, I can always pass along stuff that I stumble upon -- without
casting judgement on the claims, myself.

Vanadyl Sulfate is another one that worked on me you to tell him about:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25215302
http://www.drwhitaker.com/is-vanadyl-sulfate-safe
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24842144

And get his carbs down to 15 max per meal and 60 max per day.

I assume you mean 15g (not 15kcal)? Still, that sounds really low;
240kcal from carbs in an entire day? Where do you get the rest of
your calories -- (non-meat) protein?

Plus get his Glycemic Load down to 10 per day max.

Give him this web site. It gives both carbs and load:
http://nutritiondata.self.com

And here is a good support web site:
http://www.diabetes-warrior.net/

Here is a bunch of great guys that will teach him how to cook:
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/forum7.html

And here are his new rules to live by:
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/defin...mal-blueprint/

Yikes! Talk about "lifestyle impact"... :

Or he can poison himself with drugs, in which case his numbers
will go down at the expense of his overall health and he
will die on the installment program: first the feet, then the kidneys,
then the eyes, then the heart.

(?) As a consequence of circulation problems?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/28/2016 1:05 AM, T wrote:
[...]

Hi Tony,

If you ask T2 Diabetics if cinnamon worked for them,
you will get a puzzled "no". We have all heard that
it works and found out the hard way that it did not.
Then we find out about the research being "industry funded".

There is ZERO correlation with blood serum cholesterol and
arteriosclerosis in autopsy studies. The cholesterol
s*** kicking around allopathic circles is out and out fraud.
Allopaths "treat", they do not "heal". It is all about lining
their pockets.

As a matter of fact, since every hormone in your body required
cholesterol (as in insulin) to build, Diabetics need their
cholesterol.

You gain weight at the first stages of Diabetes when you
start becoming massively insulin resistant. Afterwords,
you lose weight. (My idiot friends told me how good
I looked! I was in serious trouble.)

Now since weight gain requires carbs and the fat hormone
(insulin), if you are injecting insulin, that is a side
effect. Insulin is really nasty in a lot of other ways
too. It should only be used as a very, very last resort in
extreme emergencies.

I lost a friend last year to carbohydrate addiction. He
was a T2 and and refused to give up the carbs. He told
me how to use insulin so he could eat pie. I really miss
the guy.

The thing that breaks my heart is that once you kick the
carbohydrate addition (took me about two weeks), food
starts to taste good again. You really, really start to
enjoy your food! I really miss the guy. I hated watching
him commit suicide. But he could eat pie!

-T

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/28/2016 06:09 PM, Don Y wrote:
On 2/28/2016 4:42 PM, T wrote:

Cinnamon is useless. The studies on it were "industry sponsored".
Apply enough money and you can make a study say anything you want.

Perhaps -- OTOH, just because research is sponsored doesn't automatically
invalidate the results.

You would think humanity come come further along than that, but ...

I have no idea. I try not to give medical advice as I'm not a doctor.
But, I can always pass along stuff that I stumble upon -- without
casting judgement on the claims, myself.

Vanadyl Sulfate is another one that worked on me you to tell him about:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25215302
http://www.drwhitaker.com/is-vanadyl-sulfate-safe
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24842144

And get his carbs down to 15 max per meal and 60 max per day.

Yes, grams

I assume you mean 15g (not 15kcal)? Still, that sounds really low;
240kcal from carbs in an entire day? Where do you get the rest of
your calories -- (non-meat) protein?

From F-A-T !!! Your liver will make blood sugar for you
from fat, if you go too low or need more. Humans are
designed to burn fat as their first source of energy.

Get scared or run for your life and watch your blood sugar
spike! Stress too.

Diabetes is an injury: carbohydrate poisoning. Diabetes
did not occur until we artificially hybridized plants
for unnatural levels of carbohydrate.

The numbers I gave you are close to what our ancestral hunter
gather diet consisted of.

Plus get his Glycemic Load down to 10 per day max.

Give him this web site. It gives both carbs and load:
http://nutritiondata.self.com

And here is a good support web site:
http://www.diabetes-warrior.net/

Here is a bunch of great guys that will teach him how to cook:
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/forum7.html

And here are his new rules to live by:
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/defin...mal-blueprint/

Yikes! Talk about "lifestyle impact"... :

Or he can poison himself with drugs, in which case his numbers
will go down at the expense of his overall health and he
will die on the installment program: first the feet, then the kidneys,
then the eyes, then the heart.

(?) As a consequence of circulation problems?

That and etching of your innards. Blood sugar acts
as a solvent at excessive levels.

Tell yo friend that this is not a death sentence. If
he follows the rules, he will thrive. It will be a new
chapter of his life and he will enjoy it.

And do not discount the effect of tribe. Spend as much
time playing with loved ones as possible.

-T

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/28/2016 4:42 PM, T wrote:

[...]

From F-A-T !!! Your liver will make blood sugar for you
[...]

This is where you start to enjoy being alive again!

Or he can poison himself with drugs, in which case his numbers
will go down at the expense of his overall health and he
will die on the installment program: first the feet, then the kidneys,
then the eyes, then the heart.

(?) As a consequence of circulation problems?

That and etching of your innards. Blood sugar acts
as a solvent at excessive levels.

Oh and guess what the "patch " is for etches blood vessels?
Hint. It starts with a "C" and there is ZERO correlation with
it in autopsy studies of it and arteriosclerosis. If
you a getting etched vessels, you seriously better hope you
a bunch of it in your system!

Tell yo friend that this is not a death sentence. If
he follows the rules, he will thrive. It will be a new
chapter of his life and he will enjoy it.

And do not discount the effect of tribe. Spend as much
time playing with loved ones as possible.

-T

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/28/2016 1:05 AM, T wrote:
[...]

I'm sorry you lost your friend, T.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/28/2016 4:42 PM, T wrote:

Cinnamon is useless. The studies on it were "industry sponsored".
Apply enough money and you can make a study say anything you want.

Perhaps -- OTOH, just because research is sponsored doesn't automatically
invalidate the results.

You would think humanity come come further along than that, but ...

OTOH, pharmaceutical research is sponsored by the folks that
make (or intend to make) those products. Certainly, their
*claims* tend to be justified (though not always). It's the
side effects and contraindications that tend to get whitewashed...

I assume you mean 15g (not 15kcal)? Still, that sounds really low;
240kcal from carbs in an entire day? Where do you get the rest of
your calories -- (non-meat) protein?

From F-A-T !!! Your liver will make blood sugar for you
from fat, if you go too low or need more. Humans are
designed to burn fat as their first source of energy.

frown I thought "available carbohydrates", then stored
fats. Liver stores sugar (a carb) as glycogen -- for later
quick release.

Get scared or run for your life and watch your blood sugar
spike! Stress too.

Diabetes is an injury: carbohydrate poisoning. Diabetes
did not occur until we artificially hybridized plants
for unnatural levels of carbohydrate.

The numbers I gave you are close to what our ancestral hunter
gather diet consisted of.

Or he can poison himself with drugs, in which case his numbers
will go down at the expense of his overall health and he
will die on the installment program: first the feet, then the kidneys,
then the eyes, then the heart.

(?) As a consequence of circulation problems?

That and etching of your innards. Blood sugar acts
as a solvent at excessive levels.

Tell yo friend that this is not a death sentence. If
he follows the rules, he will thrive. It will be a new
chapter of his life and he will enjoy it.

I'm not sure he's "enjoying it". :-/ I've a fair number of
friends who are type-2 (one bad enough to wear a pump). They
all grumble about diet and exercise -- a diet that doesn't
support the stuff they *used* to enjoy (and would STILL enjoy!)
and an exercise regimen that far exceeds anything they'd
ever done "on the couch"...

The "seniors" seem to complain because they resent the
change... "after all those years" (of abuse!).

The younger crowd (I know some in their 20's, 30's and 40's)
fearful of the consequences of misbehaving.

[As with most things, humans are lousy at connecting cause and effect
when they are separated by days, weeks, years... You don't *see*
the consequences of "misbehaving" RIGHT NOW but, rather, pay the
price some time later -- so it is a poor behavioral modification
tool!]

For me, it's distressing as I spend a fair bit of effort making
"foodstuffs" for friends and neighbors:
- this guy can't digest fats
- this one is violently allergic to tomato products
- this one eats strictly Kosher
- this one is on a low sodium diet
- this one is observing Lent
- this one doesn't like nuts
etc. Carb restrictions (esp sugar) make it REALLY hard to come up with
things that are compatible with their diets -- as well as significantly
impacting recipes!

E.g., my biscotti seem to be universally enjoyed. But, 90+% carb
(I think there are 15g of fat and 18g of protein in a batch of 25-30
biscotti -- the rest is a few hundred grams of carbs!)

OK, I can substitute "artificial" sweeteners for the sugar and pull
a lot of carbs out with that. But, most alternate sweeteners are
considerably sweeter (per gram) than sugar. So, to create the
same "bulk" of biscotti, you end up adding extra *flour* (carbs)
thereby undoing the effect of eliminating the sugar!

So, I have to assume they are facing a similar calculus in ALL
of their dietary decisions!

And do not discount the effect of tribe. Spend as much
time playing with loved ones as possible.

Well, that goes for healthy folks as well! Nothing's that serious
that a young kid or a *dog* can't make you put aside!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/28/2016 1:05 AM, T wrote:
[...]

Thank you. That is thoughtful of you.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 28 Feb 2016 21:46:17 -0800, T wrote:
enjoy your food! I really miss the guy. I hated
watching him commit suicide. But he could eat
pie!

I'm sorry you lost your friend, T.

Thank you. That is thoughtful of you.

Yw. When it comes down to it, it's the people in our lives that
matter. He mattered to you. You care about people enough to try and
make a difference. I appreciate you for that... I'm type 2...

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/28/2016 10:16 PM, Muggles wrote:
On Sun, 28 Feb 2016 21:46:17 -0800, T wrote:
enjoy your food! I really miss the guy. I hated
watching him commit suicide. But he could eat
pie!

I'm sorry you lost your friend, T.

Thank you. That is thoughtful of you.

Yw. When it comes down to it, it's the people in our lives that
matter. He mattered to you. You care about people enough to try and
make a difference. I appreciate you for that... I'm type 2...

Hi Maggie,

Here is something that will provoke thought. If you look through
the local graveyard and read what is on the tomb stones, you
will see Beloved Wife, etc.. You will not see anything but
those people in your life that matter. So I absolutely agree.

You are T2? Welcome to the "Pincushion Club!" Please tell
me you are doing the drug free route and not trying
to eat the same poisonous levels of carbs that injured you
in the first place!

Have you discovered Riced Cauliflower yet? I just did. Made
Spanish rice out of it a few days ago. It was a huge hit.

This is me asking about it:
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...7551&p=1663669

My favorite response was sam321:

Put it in a cast iron skillet with olive oil, salt,
pepper, garlic powder, diced onions, mushrooms, chives.
Saute it until you get some good browning, and prepare
to have your life changed.

And, now that you are eating more meat, you must also eat
bone stock. (Not the stuff from the store. It is meat
favored chemicals. It is not even close the the real stuff.)
You need both (meat and stock) to offset the bad parts in
each other. (And you won't get osteoporosis either.)

Speaking of those in our lives that matter. Here is something
from our Chayenne that puts it wonderful prospective:

"What Did The First Warrior Say To The Great Spirit?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBfwnKsHBGI

The First Warrior looked out on the land and his Home.

He saw the hills
And the stars
And he was happy.

For giving him his home, the first warrior told the
Great Spirit

That he would fight and win many battles in His honor.

But the Great Spirit said, €œNo, do not fight for me.

Fight for your tribe,
Fight for the family born to you,
Fight for the brothers you find.€

€œFight for them,€ the Great Spirit said, €œfor they
are your Home.€

When I was first diagnosed with T2, my wife threw out every
scrap on carbs that had injured me. And ever since, when
has always eaten exactly what I have eaten so that I would
never be tempted to stray. She is a total mama bear when
it comes to her loved ones. She is my home.

-T

Okay, you will find on the occasional tomb stone "See I
told you I was sick!" :-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/28/2016 4:42 PM, T wrote:

You would think humanity come come further along than that, but ...

OTOH, pharmaceutical research is sponsored by the folks that
make (or intend to make) those products. Certainly, their
*claims* tend to be justified (though not always). It's the
side effects and contraindications that tend to get whitewashed...

True.

You will also find that where some traditions medicine comes out
with a study that some herb or vitamin is effective (and it was not
a crock industry funded study), that the Allopathic community
will come out with another one that refutes it.

A good example was where folic acid and B6 helped the survivability
of bypass patients that a later study said it did not. On peer review,
the later study used something like 1/20 of the levels recommended.
Follow the money!

frown I thought "available carbohydrates", then stored
fats. Liver stores sugar (a carb) as glycogen -- for later
quick release.

That is the idea. Your liver makes it from fat.

Tell you friend that this is not a death sentence. If
he follows the rules, he will thrive. It will be a new
chapter of his life and he will enjoy it.

I'm not sure he's "enjoying it". :-/ I've a fair number of
friends who are type-2 (one bad enough to wear a pump). They
all grumble about diet and exercise -- a diet that doesn't
support the stuff they *used* to enjoy (and would STILL enjoy!)
and an exercise regimen that far exceeds anything they'd
ever done "on the couch"...

Don, you are scaring me. What you are describing is carbohydrate
addiction. My dead friend and one of my customer's dead
husband insisted on continuing to eat what originally injured
them. They both used drugs to try to return them to their
former glory. They both committed suicide. It is horrible
to watch.

T2 is not a death sentence. Once you kick the carbs and learn to
cook for yourself, life becomes enjoyable again. And the
food is so, so good your can't believe it!

A heads up on the exercise front. 15% of T2 it back fire on
you. (I am one of them. If I run/sprint, OH HOLY CRAP!!!)

And, do not do "vigorous" exercise or your liver will think
something is wrong and your blood sugar will sky rocket.
Note that T1's are told to do something vigorous when they
feel a "hypo" coming on (they took too much insulin and
are getting low blood sugar). Primal/Paleo is so very
good for T1's as it allows them to cuts way back on their
insulin. I know of one Paloe T1 that is drug free.

With me, a nice walk suffices. Fishing is perfect. Best
is to walk to a fishing hole.

E.g., my biscotti seem to be universally enjoyed. But, 90+% carb
(I think there are 15g of fat and 18g of protein in a batch of 25-30
biscotti -- the rest is a few hundred grams of carbs!)

OK, I can substitute "artificial" sweeteners for the sugar and pull
a lot of carbs out with that. But, most alternate sweeteners are
considerably sweeter (per gram) than sugar. So, to create the
same "bulk" of biscotti, you end up adding extra *flour* (carbs)
thereby undoing the effect of eliminating the sugar!

Flour and sugar are the same thing below your chin. "Healthy Carbs"
are what injured me. (There is no such thing by the way. "Brown"
rice has a higher Glycemic Index than does table sugar.) One in
eleven of us now have T2. Big Ag, Big Med, Big Pharma, and
(their absolute enabler that it wouldn't be possible without)
Big Government make a lot of money off creating and treating T2's.
Healthy Carbs, my ass.

So, I have to assume they are facing a similar calculus in ALL
of their dietary decisions!

Your Biscotti is toxic to T2's.

If you have some T2's to feed. I have one word for you:
BARBECUE !!!! Slap some meat on the grill with some
low carb vegi's. Meat and plants eaten with friends: life
is good!

Grilled egg plant brushed with olive oil on the barbee
with a side of chicken and steak. NOW I AM GETTING HUNGRY !!!
(Don't EVEN think of serving corn.)

And do not discount the effect of tribe. Spend as much
time playing with loved ones as possible.

Well, that goes for healthy folks as well! Nothing's that serious
that a young kid or a *dog* can't make you put aside!

Boy you hit that nail on the head!

Don't forget to take your wife on the walk with you. If
she is not talking the entire time, you are not doing it
right. Maggie will explain it to you. (If she won't go
with you, FIX IT IMMEDIATELY!)

Do you see my quote from our Chayenne in my letter to Maggie?

Fight for your tribe,
Fight for the family born to you,
Fight for the brothers you find.€

€œFight for them,€ the Great Spirit said, €œfor they
are your Home.€

One of the things that got me when I was inducted into the pin
cushion club was what was I going to eat? It was kind of
scary. But, as I started teaching myself to cook, I started
finding things. And Primal/Paleo food is SO good!

If there is some food you are missing, ping me. I may know
a sub. (Originally, that is what I tried to do, but now
I am off on my own with Primal/Paloe thing of their own.)

If it does not come from the produce or meat section,
then it is not food, and some of that is not food either.

-T

And stop scaring me Dude!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/29/2016 3:34 PM, T wrote:
[...]

I was a member of the hypoglycemia club for 20+ years. My Dr. told me
because of my family history (maternal grandparents were both type 1)
that I'd have little choice but to eventually become t2. I crossed over
about 10 years ago, and now I'm diet controlled. I was taking metformin
for like 8 years, but in Oct 2014 I had an emergency health event that
put me out of commission for about 3 months, and that ended up causing
some other health issues that I still have to deal with from now on.

Since that happened my blood sugar improved, and I can control it with
diet. I don't eat many carbs, but I do eat some mixed in with other
foods. Any other details I'd be more comfy discussing privately via email.

Have you discovered Riced Cauliflower yet? I just did. Made
Spanish rice out of it a few days ago. It was a huge hit.

The Whole Foods near us uses cauliflower chopped up to make all sorts of
salads/dishes. If I didn't like chicken, fish, or the occasional lean
hamburger, I'd be a vegetarian! We also have a new Trader Joe's that
just opened up, here, but I'm waiting 'til the new wears off it because
I just don't like crowds.

[...]

I know about being a momma bear, for sure!

-T

Okay, you will find on the occasional tomb stone "See I
told you I was sick!" :-)

yeah ... always thought that was funny.

--
Maggie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/29/2016 02:28 PM, Muggles wrote:
I crossed over
about 10 years ago, and now I'm diet controlled. I was taking metformin
for like 8 years,

Hi Maggie,

Metformin is nasty stuff. I can't wait to sigh up for the
class action suit when it finally appears. I took it
for almost a year, until I wised up.

When I refer to Allopathic Drugs as poisons, I am not
being insulting. I am taking the "Spin" off what they
really are and putting some reality on what they actually are.

By definition, Allopatic Drugs are controlled dosages of
poisons that are meant to affect a change in your body.
They can save your life and have saved mine several times.
But your body still knows they are poisons -- controlled dosage
of not -- and reacts towards them. This is why you have
"side effects" and "rebound" effects.

As such, Allopathic Drugs (poisons) should never be taken
on continuing basis. I personally do not consider Allopathic
Drugs (poisons) to be medicine. For "medicine" you have to the
traditional medical community (herbs, etc.).

Metformin is rather nasty in this respect: running down the
hall, hair loss, skin spots, permanent insomnia, lethargy,
depression, memory loss, cognitive decline. (I can't
wait for the class action suit!) The ONLY side effect
my Allopath told me about was the running down the hall.
He with held information about the side effects.

He also with held information about becoming drug free,
which I continuously asked him about. He said that it
was very rare (bull s***) and you had to exercise your
ass off (guess he did not know that vigorous exercise
caused your blood sugar to UP).

I will be eternally ****ed at the Allopathic community
for the scurrilous way they treat T2 (not cure). I had
to figure this stuff out all on my own.

I got the depression thing, manifested as a paranoid
delusions of persecution. When the "dark curtain" lifted,
I had to apologize to a lot of people, my wife especially
(you should have seen her sparkle). I felt like
everyone was picking on me.

And, as you noticed, we both had rebound against it too.
As I took myself off, each time I reduced the dosage, my
blood sugar went down.

Here is a tip a fellow Primal gave me, there is a feedback
mechanism between your intestines and your liver that
tells your liver that there are carbs in your intestines.
If you go zero carb, your liver will kick in and your
blood sugar will rise. So he told me to eat a little very
hard to digest carbs (low glycemic load, radishes, jicama,
etc.) to keep that from happening.

I am glad to hear you are drug free too. Thriving,
not just surviving!

-T

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/29/2016 3:09 PM, T wrote:

You will also find that where some traditions medicine comes out
with a study that some herb or vitamin is effective (and it was not
a crock industry funded study), that the Allopathic community
will come out with another one that refutes it.

A good example was where folic acid and B6 helped the survivability
of bypass patients that a later study said it did not. On peer review,
the later study used something like 1/20 of the levels recommended.
Follow the money!

As I've said elsewhere, when you're wanting to DO something for
me, I want to know *why*!

Tell you friend that this is not a death sentence. If
he follows the rules, he will thrive. It will be a new
chapter of his life and he will enjoy it.

I'm not sure he's "enjoying it". :-/ I've a fair number of
friends who are type-2 (one bad enough to wear a pump). They
all grumble about diet and exercise -- a diet that doesn't
support the stuff they *used* to enjoy (and would STILL enjoy!)
and an exercise regimen that far exceeds anything they'd
ever done "on the couch"...

Don, you are scaring me. What you are describing is carbohydrate
addiction. My dead friend and one of my customer's dead
husband insisted on continuing to eat what originally injured
them. They both used drugs to try to return them to their
former glory. They both committed suicide. It is horrible
to watch.

My friend with the pump has no insulin production. While
he's not happy with the diet/exercise, he *knows* he doesn't
have a choice. E.g., he is very conscious about what he is ABOUT to
eat so he can tell the pump to release a bolus appropriate
for the carbohydrate load he EXPECTS to encounter in that meal.

I.e., he won't just pick up a cookie/whatever and start eating it.
Instead, he has to PLAN for what he'll be eating.

Another neighbor ignored MD's advice lifestyle changes and
became T2 -- then got MAD at the doctor ("I told you so!").

Ignored doctor's advice weight loss, etc. and had his
heart attack -- then got MAD at the doctor ("I told you so!")

Ignored advice leading up to his *stroke* -- then MAD at the
doctor ("I told you so!")

Wonder if he's now in the role of the doctor in preaching to his
kids -- and wonder if they'll be MAD at him when he's "told them so"!?

T2 is not a death sentence. Once you kick the carbs and learn to
cook for yourself, life becomes enjoyable again. And the
food is so, so good your can't believe it!

We rarely go out to eat. I'm not keen on spending hours to
eat a meal that I can prepare and consume in far less time!

And, actually *enjoy* more than whatever/however they
want to prepare it! With a large freezer, we can prepare many
meals ahead of time (e.g., I make marinara/bolognese sauce
in 4G batches). Lets us get better meals than we would if we
were forced to "cook from fresh".

[Neither of us are happy when fresh foods get tossed out
because they spoiled before we got around to eating them]

SWMBO complains that I have a greater preference for meat than
she. I'm not fond of her taste for certain fruits and vegetables
along with nutmeats, cheeses, etc. So, we try to balance our
likes/needs so neither of us is truly "indulging".

A heads up on the exercise front. 15% of T2 it back fire on
you. (I am one of them. If I run/sprint, OH HOLY CRAP!!!)

Dunno what any of their exercise regimens are. I exercise
solely for cardio, etc. I spend a fair amount of time at
a desk -- and, even the chores, repairs, yardwork, etc.
that I take on rarely is very strenuous (in the sense of
prolonged increased heart rate)

And, do not do "vigorous" exercise or your liver will think
something is wrong and your blood sugar will sky rocket.
Note that T1's are told to do something vigorous when they
feel a "hypo" coming on (they took too much insulin and
are getting low blood sugar).

Ha! That's interesting! And counterintuitive -- you'd think you
would NOT want to increase your caloric demands for risk of
completely depleting your sugar stores!

Primal/Paleo is so very
good for T1's as it allows them to cuts way back on their
insulin. I know of one Paloe T1 that is drug free.

With me, a nice walk suffices. Fishing is perfect. Best
is to walk to a fishing hole.

E.g., my biscotti seem to be universally enjoyed. But, 90+% carb
(I think there are 15g of fat and 18g of protein in a batch of 25-30
biscotti -- the rest is a few hundred grams of carbs!)

OK, I can substitute "artificial" sweeteners for the sugar and pull
a lot of carbs out with that. But, most alternate sweeteners are
considerably sweeter (per gram) than sugar. So, to create the
same "bulk" of biscotti, you end up adding extra *flour* (carbs)
thereby undoing the effect of eliminating the sugar!

Flour and sugar are the same thing below your chin.

That was the calculus I had come up with! What I need is a
sugar substitute that is volumetrically identical to real
sugar, has the exact same sweetness (no aftertastes) BUT
has 0 calories.

"Left hand sugar"

"Healthy Carbs"
are what injured me. (There is no such thing by the way. "Brown"
rice has a higher Glycemic Index than does table sugar.) One in
eleven of us now have T2. Big Ag, Big Med, Big Pharma, and
(their absolute enabler that it wouldn't be possible without)
Big Government make a lot of money off creating and treating T2's.
Healthy Carbs, my ass.

Yup. Part of my reasoning behind my home automation project
(to showcase "assistive technologies") is to address the
blindness that arises later in life -- diabetic retinopathy,
macular degeneration, etc.

TRUE blindness (i.e., NO vision) is relatively rare. Folks blind
from birth (even if not total blindness) typically have developed
coping skills FROM birth.

OTOH, folks losing their vision later in life (MD, DR) are
essentially screwed -- can't teach an old dog new tricks!

The folks I know with type 2 express fears of these (and other)
health issues, to varying degrees.

[One friend was Dx'ed after "losing his vision" (temporarily).
He suddenly "couldn't see 10 ft" and it spooked him into running
to his MD]

So, I have to assume they are facing a similar calculus in ALL
of their dietary decisions!

Your Biscotti is toxic to T2's.

If you have some T2's to feed. I have one word for you:
BARBECUE !!!! Slap some meat on the grill with some
low carb vegi's. Meat and plants eaten with friends: life
is good!

You can't put "hot off the grill ribs" in a box and mail it across
the country! :

Grilled egg plant brushed with olive oil on the barbee
with a side of chicken and steak. NOW I AM GETTING HUNGRY !!!
(Don't EVEN think of serving corn.)

Braised asparagus aglio e olio. SWMBO likes hers with whole wheat
fettucini (I just like the spears).

And do not discount the effect of tribe. Spend as much
time playing with loved ones as possible.

Well, that goes for healthy folks as well! Nothing's that serious
that a young kid or a *dog* can't make you put aside!

Boy you hit that nail on the head!

Don't forget to take your wife on the walk with you. If

SWMBO hikes in the desert. Daily exercise routine at home
with two or three ~3 hour hikes per week.

I can't afford a 3 hour slice out of my days so just do a quick
one hour walk, daily.

she is not talking the entire time, you are not doing it
right.

Actually, she prefers the quiet/solitude when she's hiking.

One of the things that got me when I was inducted into the pin
cushion club was what was I going to eat? It was kind of

"Pin cushion club"?

scary. But, as I started teaching myself to cook, I started
finding things. And Primal/Paleo food is SO good!

I don;t have a problem coming up with dishes. I throw together
all sorts of things that you'd never suspect COULD taste good
together -- yet, they do!

The trick is finding ones that don't take a lot of effort to
prepare (I don't like "wasting" time preparing a meal).

Our few "big meals" each week tend to be cooperative affairs.
So, we do a bit of our "visiting" while circling around each
other in the kitchen. As we know what each person is GOING
to be doing (for a particular meal prep), we can anticipate
each other's needs so it feels more intimate -- not just two
cooks sharing a single kitchen!

But, some of the meals still take a LONG time to prepare
(one is a two hour ordeal -- BEFORE you sit down to eat).
So, this tends to limit how often we take them on.

If there is some food you are missing, ping me. I may know
a sub. (Originally, that is what I tried to do, but now
I am off on my own with Primal/Paloe thing of their own.)

I don't have any dietary restrictions (recall, I'm not
diabetic -- just have diabetic friends!) -- aside from
some foods that trigger allergies. The biggest problem is
making time *to* eat (e.g., I am content to throw an 8 oz
steak on the grill and make THAT my entire meal! Or, a bowl
of cottage cheese and peaches. Or...)

If it does not come from the produce or meat section,
then it is not food, and some of that is not food either.

And stop scaring me Dude!

BOOO! ;-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/01/2016 05:53 PM, Don Y wrote:
But, some of the meals still take a LONG time to prepare
(one is a two hour ordeal -- BEFORE you sit down to eat).
So, this tends to limit how often we take them on.

Hi Don,

You know, once you are good at it, it doesn't take so long.
But I hear you. I have several recipes that came out
well and I have never done them again because the
were so much work.

I do the refrig/freezer thing too. It is my form
of fast food. I usually cook one day for the entire
week.

Cooking also stops being a chore when you have someone
to cook for and their eyes sparkle when they eat your stuff.

SWMBO is quiet on her walks????

-T
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/1/2016 6:46 PM, T wrote:
[...]

thanks ... The only symptom I can for sure identify with is the
insomnia, but I can't say for sure it's related to metformin or not.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/1/2016 8:04 PM, T wrote:
On 03/01/2016 05:53 PM, Don Y wrote:
But, some of the meals still take a LONG time to prepare
(one is a two hour ordeal -- BEFORE you sit down to eat).
So, this tends to limit how often we take them on.

You know, once you are good at it, it doesn't take so long.

A bowl of pasta -- using premade sauce reheated in the
microwave -- takes a lot less time than an oriental
meal with a dozen different vegetables, etc.

But I hear you. I have several recipes that came out
well and I have never done them again because the
were so much work.

Ours get made again -- but on a much longer "cycle"
than some of the easier dishes.

Our Sunday lunch involves:
- taking the meat out of the freezer ~2AM (so it's ALMOST
thawed by morning -- still "firm" enough to make cutting easier)
- cut into small slices
- mix marinade and let meat soak several hours
Later:
- make rice
- stir fry meat
- add veggies
- add sauce
- dice scallions as a "side"

It's not a big effort but it's far more involved than
heating up some veggie chili, etc.

I do the refrig/freezer thing too. It is my form
of fast food. I usually cook one day for the entire
week.

For some things we cook for even longer periods. E.g.,
my tomato sauces last a couple of months and are essentially
"fast food" -- on pasta, on a pita bread (w/cheese for a pizza),
on a roll (as a grinder), etc.

Cooking also stops being a chore when you have someone
to cook for and their eyes sparkle when they eat your stuff.

Here, that's the role that "sweets" play. I bake biscotti
for SWMBO every two weeks (on the schedule for tonight).
Make "candy" as often as she empties the containers (a
couple different kinds). Plus, goodies for the neighbors,
etc.

[E.g., neighbor let me borrow truck to buy some OSB.
Another neighbor helped me load and unload it. I'll
bake cookies for each by way of a "Thank You".]

SWMBO is quiet on her walks????

She enjoys the setting, wildlife, sitting to draw things,
taking photos, etc. What she does (hiking) in ~3 hours
I do in 1. shrug

OTOH, I suspect she *enjoys* her excursions far more
than I!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/01/2016 05:53 PM, Don Y wrote:
If you have some T2's to feed. I have one word for you:
BARBECUE !!!! Slap some meat on the grill with some
low carb vegi's. Meat and plants eaten with friends: life
is good!

You can't put "hot off the grill ribs" in a box and mail it across
the country! :

Ah Ha! We all know that there is only one fruit cake in the
entire country and you have been re-gifting it! :-)

What to have some fun? Next fruit cake you send out to
your friends, wrap it several times with different name
tags on each wrapping. :-D

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/01/2016 07:21 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 3/1/2016 6:46 PM, T wrote:

I am glad to hear you are drug free too. Thriving,
not just surviving!

-T

thanks ... The only symptom I can for sure identify with is the
insomnia, but I can't say for sure it's related to metformin or not.

A good source of natural melatonin is Chineese Skullcap
(not the common Skullcap)

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no... a+Baicalensis

Synthetic melatonin gives both me and my wife nightmares
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/01/2016 08:04 PM, Don Y wrote:
E.g., neighbor let me borrow truck to buy some OSB.
Another neighbor helped me load and unload it. I'll
bake cookies for each by way of a "Thank You".

Beautiful. :-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/1/2016 9:23 PM, T wrote:
On 03/01/2016 05:53 PM, Don Y wrote:
If you have some T2's to feed. I have one word for you:
BARBECUE !!!! Slap some meat on the grill with some
low carb vegi's. Meat and plants eaten with friends: life
is good!

You can't put "hot off the grill ribs" in a box and mail it across
the country! :

Ah Ha! We all know that there is only one fruit cake in the
entire country and you have been re-gifting it! :-)

frown No, not fond of fruit cake. Though of everything that
I bake, my personal favorites would probably be "diabetic coma"
for you! Cocoa powder, nuts, cherries, raisins, other boring
ingredients glazed with XXX milk+sugar mixture. I eat 10 pounds
of them in 3 days when I have the audacity to inflict them
on myself! :

What to have some fun? Next fruit cake you send out to
your friends, wrap it several times with different name
tags on each wrapping. :-D

Ha! Yes, that would be amusing!

Biscotti tend to be the most "travel-worthy". I can bake them
and they'll "keep" for several weeks -- in transit plus on
arrival.

In cooler months, I can send pecan sandies (don't tolerate
heat well due to high butter content).

If I want to gamble and spend far more on shipping than worth,
I'll make pizzelles (I can actually have them arrive intact!).

Things like bread, brownies and coffee cake have really
short shelf lives -- a couple of days, max! So, they tend
to be hand-carried (neighbors, visitors, kids, etc.)

Cheesecake fares well "locally" and for manually-transported.
E.g., I have a friend who visits his Mom in Colorado pretty often.
She loves the cheesecake so I bake one for her and FREEZE it
for transport. He puts it in a cooler with dry ice and
makes the 20 hour drive...

But, no one ever regifts something I've made! : I brought
some goodies to a holiday party at a neighbor's place. I
figured she'd put them out for everyone to enjoy! Nope.
She quickly hid them in a cupboard and put out some
"store bought" sweets.

shrug
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/1/2016 6:46 PM, T wrote:

I am glad to hear you are drug free too. Thriving,
not just surviving!

-T

thanks ... The only symptom I can for sure identify with is the
insomnia, but I can't say for sure it's related to metformin or not.

A good source of natural melatonin is Chineese Skullcap
(not the common Skullcap)

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no... a+Baicalensis

Synthetic melatonin gives both me and my wife nightmares

hmmm I've got some melatonin that I use sometimes. I've had nightmares
occasionally, and it could very well have been due to the melatonin.
I'll check out the ingredient(s) in it. Thanks!

--
Maggie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/1/2016 6:46 PM, T wrote:

I am glad to hear you are drug free too. Thriving,
not just surviving!

-T

thanks ... The only symptom I can for sure identify with is the
insomnia, but I can't say for sure it's related to metformin or not.

A good source of natural melatonin is Chineese Skullcap
(not the common Skullcap)

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no... a+Baicalensis

Synthetic melatonin gives both me and my wife nightmares

hmmm I've got some melatonin that I use sometimes. I've had nightmares
occasionally, and it could very well have been due to the melatonin.
I'll check out the ingredient(s) in it. Thanks!

There is something wrong with synthetic melatonin.

Regular skullcap, especially those in glycerin extracts, are
great for nightmares or when your mind won't stop thinking
and you can't go to sleep.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/01/2016 09:02 PM, Don Y wrote:
I brought
some goodies to a holiday party at a neighbor's place. I
figured she'd put them out for everyone to enjoy! Nope.
She quickly hid them in a cupboard and put out some
"store bought" sweets.

Now that is a compliment! :-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/1/2016 11:01 PM, T wrote:
On 03/01/2016 09:02 PM, Don Y wrote:
I brought
some goodies to a holiday party at a neighbor's place. I
figured she'd put them out for everyone to enjoy! Nope.
She quickly hid them in a cupboard and put out some
"store bought" sweets.

Now that is a compliment! :-)

shrug Perhaps. It's also somewhat annoying: do "you"
really need 15 dozen cookies? Or 5 dozen pizzelles?
Or an entire cheesecake? Isn't it obvious that these
things were intended to be *shared*?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/02/2016 12:05 AM, Don Y wrote:
On 3/1/2016 11:01 PM, T wrote:
On 03/01/2016 09:02 PM, Don Y wrote:
I brought
some goodies to a holiday party at a neighbor's place. I
figured she'd put them out for everyone to enjoy! Nope.
She quickly hid them in a cupboard and put out some
"store bought" sweets.

Now that is a compliment! :-)

shrug Perhaps. It's also somewhat annoying: do "you"
really need 15 dozen cookies? Or 5 dozen pizzelles?
Or an entire cheesecake? Isn't it obvious that these
things were intended to be *shared*?

Hi Don,

Next time don't do such a good job. They *WILL* be
shared.

Psych yourself up for the task by channeling the
taste of those chocolates filled with toothpaste
we all use to give our spouses for Valentines day!
Now was that two TABLESPOONS or two TEASPOONS of
baking soda? Chuckle!

You could always test them out on SWMBO before
handing them out. You can pay for that kind
of entertainment!

:-)

-T

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/02/2016 12:37 AM, T wrote:
You could always test them out on SWMBO before
handing them out. You can pay for that kind
of entertainment!

And if SWMBO asks/demands which one of your no good friends
came up with the idea of testing them on her first and
look in a violent mood, tell her Uncle Monster.

:-)

(I wonder if Monster will read this!)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, February 29, 2016 at 3:34:40 PM UTC-6, T wrote:
[...]

But the Great Spirit said, "No, do not fight for me.

Fight for your tribe,
Fight for the family born to you,
Fight for the brothers you find."

"Fight for them," the Great Spirit said, "for they
are your Home."

When I was first diagnosed with T2, my wife threw out every
scrap on carbs that had injured me. And ever since, when
has always eaten exactly what I have eaten so that I would
never be tempted to stray. She is a total mama bear when
it comes to her loved ones. She is my home.

-T

Okay, you will find on the occasional tomb stone "See I
told you I was sick!" :-)

I just had my blood sugar tested after breakfast a little while ago, it was 120. It was being checked 3 times a day when I got here a year ago but it always came up good so it hasn't been checked for months. The nurses have just started checking it again. I guess the doctor ordered it tested again for some reason or other. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Sweet Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, March 2, 2016 at 2:50:52 AM UTC-6, T wrote:
On 03/02/2016 12:37 AM, T wrote:
You could always test them out on SWMBO before
handing them out. You can pay for that kind
of entertainment!

And if SWMBO asks/demands which one of your no good friends
came up with the idea of testing them on her first and
look in a violent mood, tell her Uncle Monster.

:-)

(I wonder if Monster will read this!)

Yea I read it. Women run from me so I'm not worried. It must be the drooling, weird noises I make and the crazy eyes. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Scary Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/2/2016 1:37 AM, T wrote:
some goodies to a holiday party at a neighbor's place. I
figured she'd put them out for everyone to enjoy! Nope.
She quickly hid them in a cupboard and put out some
"store bought" sweets.

Now that is a compliment! :-)

shrug Perhaps. It's also somewhat annoying: do "you"
really need 15 dozen cookies? Or 5 dozen pizzelles?
Or an entire cheesecake? Isn't it obvious that these
things were intended to be *shared*?

Next time don't do such a good job. They *WILL* be
shared.

shrug The GIVER has no right to dictate how a GIFT will
be used. OTOH, I can choose to make something in smaller
quantities -- or, something that "goes stale" faster
than two people could ever consume! E.g., my brownies
turn to "little brown rocks" in 3 days. Don't want to share
them? shrug Fine, you'll just end up discarding most of
them in a couple of days -- wondering why they didn't
hold up like the brownies you buy in a gas station that
have been sitting in cellowrap for some number of years!

I've also had the opposite happen: I baked a cheesecake
for a friend who had helped me in a big way (cheesecake
is 5 hours at the stove! not the sort of thing I do for
"just anyone"!). She got home to find a tiny piece LEFT
for her -- the resident piggies hadn't even opted to
wait for her to have the FIRST piece! (and, I suspect
if she'd not eaten that leftover piece that evening, it
would have disappeared by morning!)

[Yet another -- now deceased -- friend would "sleep eat"
(I find this hard to believe... how can you eat in your sleep
and have no memory of it? Yet, her husband attests to it!).
Any time I'd bring treats by, the kitchen would be littered
with crumbs the next morning and wonderment as to "where did
it GO??" shrug As long as *I* don't have to clean up the
mess, what do I care how/when it gets eaten?! grin]

Psych yourself up for the task by channeling the
taste of those chocolates filled with toothpaste
we all use to give our spouses for Valentines day!
Now was that two TABLESPOONS or two TEASPOONS of
baking soda? Chuckle!

frown I'm not fond of chocolate -- or most "candy",
for that matter. SWMBO likes very DARK chocolate and
usually not with anything gooey inside. So, I make things
that cater to her tastes (getting feedback on just
how "dark" a particular batch turned out so I can compensate
in the next batch)

You could always test them out on SWMBO before
handing them out. You can pay for that kind
of entertainment!

She has mixed feelings when others try my sweets -- esp
folks who've not met me:
"Mmmmmmmmmmmm... this is SO yummy! Is he single??"
On the one hand, it's complimentary. Also, a bit of
pride ("Wow, you've got a guy that can cook/bake/whatever
like this?") On the other, I suspect it also is a bit
discomforting -- kind of like walking up to one of your
male friends and saying, "Wow, I'd love to DO your wife..."

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/1/2016 6:46 PM, T wrote:

I am glad to hear you are drug free too. Thriving,
not just surviving!

-T

thanks ... The only symptom I can for sure identify with is the
insomnia, but I can't say for sure it's related to metformin or not.

A good source of natural melatonin is Chineese Skullcap
(not the common Skullcap)

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no... a+Baicalensis

Synthetic melatonin gives both me and my wife nightmares

hmmm I've got some melatonin that I use sometimes. I've had nightmares
occasionally, and it could very well have been due to the melatonin.
I'll check out the ingredient(s) in it. Thanks!

There is something wrong with synthetic melatonin.

Regular skullcap, especially those in glycerin extracts, are
great for nightmares or when your mind won't stop thinking
and you can't go to sleep.

ok I'll check into it. Thanks!

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/02/2016 08:10 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Monday, February 29, 2016 at 3:34:40 PM UTC-6, T wrote:

Okay, you will find on the occasional tomb stone "See I
told you I was sick!" :-)

I just had my blood sugar tested after breakfast a little while ago, it was 120. It was being checked 3 times a day when I got here a year ago but it always came up good so it hasn't been checked for months. The nurses have just started checking it again. I guess the doctor ordered it tested again for some reason or other. o_O

That is no fair. You are a member of the Pin Cushion Club and
you are not even Diabetic! By chance are they "charging" you every
time they do this?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/02/2016 12:37 AM, T wrote:
You could always test them out on SWMBO before
handing them out. You can pay for that kind
of entertainment!

And if SWMBO asks/demands which one of your no good friends
came up with the idea of testing them on her first and
look in a violent mood, tell her Uncle Monster.

:-)

(I wonder if Monster will read this!)

Yea I read it. Women run from me so I'm not worried. It must be the drooling, weird noises I make and the crazy eyes. ^_^

They must not realize you are rich, then they would flock to you!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/02/2016 08:42 AM, Don Y wrote:

I've got about 20 more years of learning to catch up with you.

She has mixed feelings when others try my sweets -- esp
folks who've not met me:
"Mmmmmmmmmmmm... this is SO yummy! Is he single??"
On the one hand, it's complimentary. Also, a bit of
pride ("Wow, you've got a guy that can cook/bake/whatever
like this?")

My wife will sometimes end her sentences with "...and I
am completely cognoscente of the fact that you cook!"

:-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/2/2016 12:28 PM, T wrote:
On 03/02/2016 08:42 AM, Don Y wrote:

I've got about 20 more years of learning to catch up with you.

She has mixed feelings when others try my sweets -- esp
folks who've not met me:
"Mmmmmmmmmmmm... this is SO yummy! Is he single??"
On the one hand, it's complimentary. Also, a bit of
pride ("Wow, you've got a guy that can cook/bake/whatever
like this?")

My wife will sometimes end her sentences with "...and I
am completely cognoscente of the fact that you cook!"

We don't compare chores, etc. We figure that if we weren't
happy with The Arrangement, we'd have changed it, long ago.
Or, tomorrow! :

SWMBO injured herself a few weeks back. So, I've taken
over all of the chores -- hers as well as those that wed
normally "share".
"I can do your whatever; but, I can't do your HEALING!"

I guess it's the "you don't EACH give 50% in a relationship
but, rather, 110%" adage.

And, hope that the 220% covers everything! :
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/02/2016 11:53 AM, Don Y wrote:
On 3/2/2016 12:28 PM, T wrote:
[...]

Since you are a cook. Make her bone stock to help heal.
I prefer range free beef bones.

I was told when I was getting married to give 80 - 20
because, even on the best days with all that you take
for granted, you might reach 40 - 60
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/02/2016 12:37 AM, T wrote:
You could always test them out on SWMBO before
handing them out. You can pay for that kind
of entertainment!

And if SWMBO asks/demands which one of your no good friends
came up with the idea of testing them on her first and
look in a violent mood, tell her Uncle Monster.

:-)

(I wonder if Monster will read this!)

Yea I read it. Women run from me so I'm not worried. It must be the
drooling, weird noises I make and the crazy eyes. ^_^

They must not realize you are rich, then they would flock to you!

You won't even have to pretend you are "sensitive" or pretend
you are listening to them!

What ????? Not rich??? Lie your ass off!

Julie - Diabetes in the 100 club Karl Townsend Metalworking 1 March 1st 15 02:12 AM
OT Traditional Medicine for,T2 Diabetes Tegger[_4_] Home Repair 0 March 18th 14 02:04 PM
OT Cancer in UK harry UK diy 96 June 13th 13 05:40 PM
OT How you get throat cancer. harryagain Home Repair 0 January 22nd 12 11:48 AM
Diabetes - Help yourself pohmichael Home Repair 0 January 13th 08 09:40 AM