Posted to alt.home.repair
T[_6_] T[_6_] is offline

Default Maitakegold on sale at Swanson: cancer and diabetes

On 02/28/2016 09:27 PM, Don Y wrote:
On 2/28/2016 8:09 PM, T wrote:
On 02/28/2016 06:09 PM, Don Y wrote:
On 2/28/2016 4:42 PM, T wrote:

You would think humanity come come further along than that, but ...

OTOH, pharmaceutical research is sponsored by the folks that
make (or intend to make) those products. Certainly, their
*claims* tend to be justified (though not always). It's the
side effects and contraindications that tend to get whitewashed...

True.

You will also find that where some traditions medicine comes out
with a study that some herb or vitamin is effective (and it was not
a crock industry funded study), that the Allopathic community
will come out with another one that refutes it.

A good example was where folic acid and B6 helped the survivability
of bypass patients that a later study said it did not. On peer review,
the later study used something like 1/20 of the levels recommended.
Follow the money!

frown I thought "available carbohydrates", then stored
fats. Liver stores sugar (a carb) as glycogen -- for later
quick release.

That is the idea. Your liver makes it from fat.

Tell you friend that this is not a death sentence. If
he follows the rules, he will thrive. It will be a new
chapter of his life and he will enjoy it.

I'm not sure he's "enjoying it". :-/ I've a fair number of
friends who are type-2 (one bad enough to wear a pump). They
all grumble about diet and exercise -- a diet that doesn't
support the stuff they *used* to enjoy (and would STILL enjoy!)
and an exercise regimen that far exceeds anything they'd
ever done "on the couch"...

Don, you are scaring me. What you are describing is carbohydrate
addiction. My dead friend and one of my customer's dead
husband insisted on continuing to eat what originally injured
them. They both used drugs to try to return them to their
former glory. They both committed suicide. It is horrible
to watch.

T2 is not a death sentence. Once you kick the carbs and learn to
cook for yourself, life becomes enjoyable again. And the
food is so, so good your can't believe it!

A heads up on the exercise front. 15% of T2 it back fire on
you. (I am one of them. If I run/sprint, OH HOLY CRAP!!!)

And, do not do "vigorous" exercise or your liver will think
something is wrong and your blood sugar will sky rocket.
Note that T1's are told to do something vigorous when they
feel a "hypo" coming on (they took too much insulin and
are getting low blood sugar). Primal/Paleo is so very
good for T1's as it allows them to cuts way back on their
insulin. I know of one Paloe T1 that is drug free.

With me, a nice walk suffices. Fishing is perfect. Best
is to walk to a fishing hole.

E.g., my biscotti seem to be universally enjoyed. But, 90+% carb
(I think there are 15g of fat and 18g of protein in a batch of 25-30
biscotti -- the rest is a few hundred grams of carbs!)

OK, I can substitute "artificial" sweeteners for the sugar and pull
a lot of carbs out with that. But, most alternate sweeteners are
considerably sweeter (per gram) than sugar. So, to create the
same "bulk" of biscotti, you end up adding extra *flour* (carbs)
thereby undoing the effect of eliminating the sugar!

Flour and sugar are the same thing below your chin. "Healthy Carbs"
are what injured me. (There is no such thing by the way. "Brown"
rice has a higher Glycemic Index than does table sugar.) One in
eleven of us now have T2. Big Ag, Big Med, Big Pharma, and
(their absolute enabler that it wouldn't be possible without)
Big Government make a lot of money off creating and treating T2's.
Healthy Carbs, my ass.

So, I have to assume they are facing a similar calculus in ALL
of their dietary decisions!

Your Biscotti is toxic to T2's.

If you have some T2's to feed. I have one word for you:
BARBECUE !!!! Slap some meat on the grill with some
low carb vegi's. Meat and plants eaten with friends: life
is good!

Grilled egg plant brushed with olive oil on the barbee
with a side of chicken and steak. NOW I AM GETTING HUNGRY !!!
(Don't EVEN think of serving corn.)

And do not discount the effect of tribe. Spend as much
time playing with loved ones as possible.

Well, that goes for healthy folks as well! Nothing's that serious
that a young kid or a *dog* can't make you put aside!

Boy you hit that nail on the head!

Don't forget to take your wife on the walk with you. If
she is not talking the entire time, you are not doing it
right. Maggie will explain it to you. (If she won't go
with you, FIX IT IMMEDIATELY!)

Do you see my quote from our Chayenne in my letter to Maggie?

Fight for your tribe,
Fight for the family born to you,
Fight for the brothers you find.€

€œFight for them,€ the Great Spirit said, €œfor they
are your Home.€

One of the things that got me when I was inducted into the pin
cushion club was what was I going to eat? It was kind of
scary. But, as I started teaching myself to cook, I started
finding things. And Primal/Paleo food is SO good!

If there is some food you are missing, ping me. I may know
a sub. (Originally, that is what I tried to do, but now
I am off on my own with Primal/Paloe thing of their own.)

If it does not come from the produce or meat section,
then it is not food, and some of that is not food either.

-T

And stop scaring me Dude!