Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Carrier Corp.

According to GOP debate last night Carrier Corp is moving to Mexico, Good luck guys.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 14 Feb 2016 13:47:13 -0600, Tony944 wrote:

According to GOP debate last night Carrier Corp is moving to Mexico,
Good luck guys.

Some of it is: http://preview.alturl.com/atny6

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 14 Feb 2016 14:02:32 -0600, "Dean Hoffman"
wrote:

Some of it is: http://preview.alturl.com/atny6

Trump will put his planned 45% Tariff on them like he plans for China,
Ford and Oreos.

Gives him more red meat
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/14/2016 2:47 PM, Tony944 wrote:
According to GOP debate last night Carrier Corp is moving to Mexico,
Good luck guys.

It was in the newspaper. 2000 jobs will be lost in Indiana. Sad
situation for a lot of families.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/14/2016 02:34 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 2/14/2016 2:47 PM, Tony944 wrote:
According to GOP debate last night Carrier Corp is moving to Mexico,
Good luck guys.

It was in the newspaper. 2000 jobs will be lost in Indiana. Sad
situation for a lot of families.

The company I worked for pulled the same thing.

It was originally American owned but was bought out by the Japanese.
Everyone got nervous even though they made no changes.

Eventually, a group of the original owners bought it back and everyone
kind of breathed a sigh of relief as we became American again.

Then they did the patriotic thing and opened a new plant in Mexico and
closed one of the US plants.

A sad reflection on the American workers: the quality of the product
improved! This is not quite the fine country it used to be I'm afraid.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/14/2016 12:47 PM, Tony944 wrote:
According to GOP debate last night Carrier Corp is moving to Mexico,
Good luck guys.

Presumably the GOP contenders prefer not to remember George Herbert
Walker Bush's spearheading NAFTA, particularly his idiot son.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"rbowman" wrote in message

stuff snipped

Presumably the GOP contenders prefer not to remember George Herbert
Walker Bush's spearheading NAFTA, particularly his idiot son.

I'm pretty sure Trump brought it up. He was on a Bash Bush roll last night
you would have enjoyed. He suggested taxing Carrier to force them to remain
in the US. My favorite dig was that he (Trump) won NH and only spent $2M
and Bush came in 4th but spent $44M. Then he asked "who do you want
spending your tax money?" The talking heads said Trump lost the debate but
I wouldn't be so sure. They've been so far off base this year that anything
could happen.

It was quite a debate made all the more gladitorial by the cheering and
booing crowds. Tough questions were asked and evaded and the mudslinging
was epic. Whomever survives will be beaten to a pulp before facing the
Democratic candidate. One thing's for sure. Somewhere in the Cruz family
tree there are weasel genes. He's able to distort the truth the way only a
lawyer could. The only way it could be more of a spectacle would be to have
them wear togas and fight with broadswords.

--
Bobby G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/14/2016 9:08 PM, Robert Green wrote:
"rbowman" wrote in message

stuff snipped

[...]

And when it's all said and done and one of them gets the nomination, the
others will have to suck it up and some how find the gonads to support
the party and it's candidate.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 14 Feb 2016 23:05:11 -0600, Muggles
wrote:

On 2/14/2016 9:08 PM, Robert Green wrote:
"rbowman" wrote in message

stuff snipped

[...]

In most cases but I think some Republican elected official from
Georgia said a few weeks ago that if Trump is nominated, he will vote
Democratic.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 14 Feb 2016 14:50:34 -0600, philo wrote in

A sad reflection on the American workers: the quality of the product
improved! This is not quite the fine country it used to be I'm afraid.

It hasn't been since circa 1968. But until around the mid 1960s we
really didn't have much manufacturing competition. WWII pretty much
destroyed the manufacturing capability of Britain and Europe. If you
wanted to buy a manufactured product more complex than a hammer, you
had to buy it from America. That provided a lot of jobs without
competition; but those days are gone.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/15/2016 07:50 AM, CRNG wrote:
On Sun, 14 Feb 2016 14:50:34 -0600, philo wrote in

A sad reflection on the American workers: the quality of the product
improved! This is not quite the fine country it used to be I'm afraid.

It hasn't been since circa 1968. But until around the mid 1960s we
really didn't have much manufacturing competition. WWII pretty much
destroyed the manufacturing capability of Britain and Europe. If you
wanted to buy a manufactured product more complex than a hammer, you
had to buy it from America. That provided a lot of jobs without
competition; but those days are gone.

I live in Milwaukee, which is still a manufacturing city but only a
fraction of what it once was.

Back in the 60's there were large factories of course, but almost
everywhere small machine shops etc.

Also numerous foundries and tanneries.

As one would drive into town, you could see the smoke and haze
everywhere and there were many sections of town (near the tanneries
especially) that stank so badly, we'd drive miles out of our way to avoid.

The air is clean now and all the tanneries are gone.

So it's a trade off...I understand that the air in China is almost too
bad to breathe.

How odd that in the 21st century, Communist China has "out-capitalized"
the US ...

Who would want to live there with the pollution and the near-slave labor?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/14/2016 2:47 PM, Tony944 wrote:
According to GOP debate last night Carrier Corp is moving to Mexico,
Good luck guys.

Ross Perot can now comment on the giant sucking sound.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/14/2016 2:47 PM, Tony944 wrote:
According to GOP debate last night Carrier Corp is moving to Mexico,
Good luck guys.

New Equipment shipped with bilingual instructions;
written in English also for gringos.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 15 Feb 2016 08:54:13 -0600
philo wrote:

[...]

Anyone currently living off others and not providing for
them self and their families.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, February 15, 2016 at 9:38:36 AM UTC-5, Robert Green wrote:

Trump's already angling to get a lot of independent/undecided women who
can't quite bring themselves to vote for Hillary even in the name of
feminist solidarity.

LOL

Trump isn't angling to appeal to anyone except the narrow base of
his existing Trumpies. Polls consistently show that he has the
highest negatives and does poorest when matched up against Hillary
or Bernie, losing to both. He got 35% of the GOP and that was his
peak, because the rest are appalled by him. Actually, some talking
head had it right. The Trump voters are people who claim to be GOP,
but hate all the GOP politicians. Mr T here is a prime example.
He spits on all the GOP, calls then Rinos, etc. But Trump, who really
isn't a GOP at all, he adores.

In the debate he really struck gold when he said "I spend $2M to win in NH
but Jeb spent $44M to come in fourth. That shows Trump knows how to get the
most bang out of each buck of campaign spending and that he might be able to
spend our tax dollars just as effectively. He certainly knows how to get
free publicity.

--
Bobby G.

Really? To the rest of us it just showed why a lot of time is wasted
at the debates on insults and nonsense. How much Trump spent versus
anyone else is irrelevant. On a related topic, what I do find interesting
is Trump's continual lie that he's self-funding his campaign. Most of
the millions he's spent has come from donor, not him, yet instead of
acknowledging them, thanking them, he disses them,
ignores what they have done for him, at every opportunity. And they are
so dumb, that they probably just send him more money.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 14 Feb 2016 13:51:58 -0700, rbowman
wrote:

Presumably the GOP contenders prefer not to remember George Herbert
Walker Bush's spearheading NAFTA, particularly his idiot son.

They should also remember it was Hillary's hubby who finally got the
deal done, at the same time he was also doing GATT.
Walmart had already changed from being "America's store" to being the
China outlet mall while Hillary was on the board of directors.
I wonder if the Waltons are still sending them money.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"trader_4" wrote in message
Trump isn't angling to appeal to anyone except the narrow base of

his existing Trumpies. Polls consistently show that he has the
highest negatives and does poorest when matched up against Hillary
or Bernie, losing to both. He got 35% of the GOP and that was his
peak, because the rest are appalled by him. Actually, some talking
head had it right. The Trump voters are people who claim to be GOP,
but hate all the GOP politicians. Mr T here is a prime example.
He spits on all the GOP, calls then Rinos, etc. But Trump, who really
isn't a GOP at all, he adores.

Trump appeals to me and many others because of the rotten people that are in
now and are running. I don't want any of the other Repubilcans and
certainly do not want either of the Democrats. It is time to shake up the
way things are in Washington now. Several elections ago I don't know who I
actually voted for. Could not stand Bush and did not want a Democrat so
just checked off the independant that was on the ballot. While I knew he
would not win, if enough voted for the independant then things may change or
maybe the indepenadant will actually get in.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 15 Feb 2016 08:54:13 -0600, philo wrote in

Who would want to live there with the pollution and the near-slave labor?

Very much like the U.S. in the 1890s to 1940s.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 2/14/2016 9:08 PM, Robert Green wrote:
"rbowman" wrote in message

stuff snipped

[...]

I've seen similar things said about if Hillary gets the D nomination -
they'd vote for anyone BUT her.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/15/2016 12:26 PM, CRNG wrote:
On Mon, 15 Feb 2016 08:54:13 -0600, philo wrote in

Who would want to live there with the pollution and the near-slave labor?

Very much like the U.S. in the 1890s to 1940s.

Yes...I know NY did not even have garbage collection until 1905 or
thereabouts.

Then there is Japan.

A friend whet to Tokyo and said you could not find so much as a
cigarette butt on the ground.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 15 Feb 2016 10:01:09 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

Ross Perot can now comment on the giant sucking sound.

Really. I couldn't think of his name, but you nailed it.

The short guy with big ears and looked like a taxi coming down the
road with both back doors open :-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Ross Perot can now comment on the giant sucking sound.

Really. I couldn't think of his name, but you nailed it.

The short guy with big ears and looked like a taxi coming down the
road with both back doors open :-)

If we actually had a Ross Perot kinda guy with his charts and graphs
who would explain to the kids how much trouble they are in with the
underfunded entitlements and the $19 Trillion dollar debt, they would
not be so happy with Bernie and they might even start voting to throw
grand momma from the train.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/15/2016 08:01 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 2/14/2016 2:47 PM, Tony944 wrote:
According to GOP debate last night Carrier Corp is moving to Mexico,
Good luck guys.

Ross Perot can now comment on the giant sucking sound.

He said it load and clear. Buchanan repeated it if anyone missed it the
first time around. The sheep all thought it was someone else's job that
would be going away.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/15/2016 08:31 AM, Robert Green wrote:
NAFTA provided lots of Americans with cheap goods so they wouldn't notice
that it was sucking jobs out of the US like a giant vacuum cleaner.

If the peasants couldn't buy cheap Chinese stuff at Walmart they would
really be upset. Unfortunately you can only exploit foreign labor just
so long.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 2/14/2016 9:08 PM, Robert Green wrote:
"rbowman" wrote in message

stuff snipped

[...]

Sure, but those are different people, mostly Republicans. I don't
know any Democrats who wouldn't vote for her, certainly no Democratic
elected official who has said he wouldn't, so it's not comparable.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

And when it's all said and done and one of them gets the nomination, the
others will have to suck it up and some how find the gonads to support
the party and it's candidate.

In most cases but I think some Republican elected official from
Georgia said a few weeks ago that if Trump is nominated, he will vote
Democratic.

I've seen similar things said about if Hillary gets the D nomination -
they'd vote for anyone BUT her.

--
Maggie

BTW, I haven't read every single post but I've read quite a few in the
last 24 hours, and afaict you've done little or more likely nothing to
get in return the hostility for believing in God. You haven't
threatened non-believers with hell, which some others do and which is
a totally obnoxious practice. Maybe whoever has called your views
silly and something worse are mixing you up with them, he said, trying
to find some way not to blame anyone.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/15/2016 11:02 PM, Micky wrote:
Sure, but those are different people, mostly Republicans. I don't
know any Democrats who wouldn't vote for her, certainly no Democratic
elected official who has said he wouldn't, so it's not comparable.

I know several Democrats who detested Clinton in 2008 and thought she
was the symbol of corruption and warmongering in the Democratic Party. I
wonder if they have had conversion experiences in the last seven years.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In most cases but I think some Republican elected official from
Georgia said a few weeks ago that if Trump is nominated, he will vote
Democratic.

I've seen similar things said about if Hillary gets the D nomination -
they'd vote for anyone BUT her.

-

seems to me

the Republicans support big buisness

the Democrats support big government

so many of the big discussions are these two groups duking it out..

All the while, nobody supports the average citizen.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

And when it's all said and done and one of them gets the nomination, the
others will have to suck it up and some how find the gonads to support
the party and it's candidate.

In most cases but I think some Republican elected official from
Georgia said a few weeks ago that if Trump is nominated, he will vote
Democratic.

I've seen similar things said about if Hillary gets the D nomination -
they'd vote for anyone BUT her.

--
Maggie

BTW, I haven't read every single post but I've read quite a few in the
last 24 hours, and afaict you've done little or more likely nothing to
get in return the hostility for believing in God. You haven't

Especially in light of the fact that you post a lot on subjects either
related to home repair or the jibber jabber that is also discussed
here. I didn't find the first post about God but I suspect it just
came up with thread drift and one or two people must have a problem
with the topic more than you if they couldn't just ignore what annoyed
them.

They should apologize for calling your views silly and something
worse. They weren't provoked and shouldn't have been insulting.

threatened non-believers with hell, which some others do and which is
a totally obnoxious practice. Maybe whoever has called your views
silly and something worse are mixing you up with them, he said, trying
to find some way not to blame anyone.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"rbowman" wrote in message
On 02/15/2016 08:31 AM, Robert Green wrote:
NAFTA provided lots of Americans with cheap goods so they wouldn't

notice
that it was sucking jobs out of the US like a giant vacuum cleaner.

If the peasants couldn't buy cheap Chinese stuff at Walmart they would
really be upset. Unfortunately you can only exploit foreign labor just
so long.

Revenge is on the horizon. Look up "smurfing and China" on the internet.

As the Chinese economy runs out of steam the rich increasingly trying to
move large sums of money out of the country, worried that the value of the
currency will fall and their savings will be worth less or even worthless.
Wealthy Chinese (I suppose the word "Chinamen" isn't PC) are having their
friends or family members carry $50,000, (the yearly legal limit in China)
to places like the US or Europe (smurfing). I assume once the government
figures that out, the $50K number will drop way down. There's a real
capital flight from China that could do more damage to them than our job
flight to China has done to us.

It's the culmination of 10 years of the Chinese banks willing to loan money
to nearly anyone for anything. I give them credit for knowing what comes
next: The banks fold and the government bails them out with tax payer
money, both putting tax payers deeper in debt AND reducing the value of
whatever equities they have.

--

Bobby G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 2/14/2016 9:08 PM, Robert Green wrote:
"rbowman" wrote in message

stuff snipped

[...]

I think I've seen more people who say they're neither R or D say they'd
vote for ANY one but her.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Thanks, Micky.

I think some trolls came onto the group fueling the fire.

--
Maggie

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

So, you didn't find a post about god but you think people should
apologize? That's seems a little weird.

I only wanted back up for the claims she made.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 16 Feb 2016 11:19:41 -0500, "Robert Green"
wrote:

"rbowman" wrote in message
On 02/15/2016 08:31 AM, Robert Green wrote:
NAFTA provided lots of Americans with cheap goods so they wouldn't

notice
that it was sucking jobs out of the US like a giant vacuum cleaner.

If the peasants couldn't buy cheap Chinese stuff at Walmart they would
really be upset. Unfortunately you can only exploit foreign labor just
so long.

Revenge is on the horizon. Look up "smurfing and China" on the internet.

As the Chinese economy runs out of steam the rich increasingly trying to
move large sums of money out of the country, worried that the value of the
currency will fall and their savings will be worth less or even worthless.
Wealthy Chinese (I suppose the word "Chinamen" isn't PC) are having their

It certainly isn't PC. It's Chinapersons.