Posted to uk.rec.driving,alt.war.vietnam,alt.home.repair

Default Hand signals from car

On 10/13/2015 8:18 AM, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
I observed a learner driver being shown hand signals. The instructor
stuck his hand through the window and rotated it, then rotated it the
other way. I vaguely remember some kind of indicator substitution, but
I wasn't taught it in my lessons in 1997, and I doubt many drivers would
know what it meant. At least one of them looked like he was beckoning
to the car behind to pull round him.

That's very interesting that you broach this subject. As a well-versed
driver of over 50 years experience, I remember well the motorist hand
signals, which were of more use to cyclists than folks in autos.
Regardless of that, I still frequently use those hand signals whilst
driving my most expensive convertible automobile. Most of which involve
the use of my middle finger.

Discuss.............
Posted to uk.rec.driving,alt.war.vietnam,alt.home.repair

On Tue, 13 Oct 2015 17:22:40 +0100, Colonel Edmund Burke wrote:

On 10/13/2015 8:18 AM, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
I observed a learner driver being shown hand signals. The instructor
stuck his hand through the window and rotated it, then rotated it the
other way. I vaguely remember some kind of indicator substitution, but
I wasn't taught it in my lessons in 1997, and I doubt many drivers would
know what it meant. At least one of them looked like he was beckoning
to the car behind to pull round him.

That's very interesting that you broach this subject. As a well-versed
driver of over 50 years experience, I remember well the motorist hand
signals, which were of more use to cyclists than folks in autos.

Cyclists can just stick their arm straight out. Which I take as a challenge to knock them over.

Regardless of that, I still frequently use those hand signals whilst
driving my most expensive convertible automobile. Most of which involve
the use of my middle finger.

Discuss.............

I prefer a more active gesture, kinda like the move IAM drivers use on the steering wheel, but with the hand in the air clearly visible to the offending driver.

--
An old Irish farmer's dog goes missing and he's inconsolable.
His wife says "Why don't you put an advert in the paper?"
Posted to uk.rec.driving,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.sheds

On 10/13/2015 11:07 AM, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
On Tue, 13 Oct 2015 19:03:47 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire
wrote:

news
wrote:

[...]

What a ****** you really are, replying to the Colonel of all people.
Peter Hucker, the clown of usenet, the **** poor little benefit claiming
****** who can't even get a shag.

I wouldn't want to shag your wife.

Mister Pounder's wife is a homosexual male, so I would hope not!
LOL

Posted to uk.rec.driving,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.sheds

wrote:

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news On Tue, 13 Oct 2015 17:22:40 +0100, Colonel Edmund Burke
wrote:

[...]

I refuse to comment.

--
On the topic of mobile phones:
Anything bigger than 4 inches is getting into the region where most people would have difficulty holding and using the device comfortably -- Callum Kerr, 2013.
Posted to uk.rec.driving,alt.war.vietnam,alt.home.repair

Default MORE BLASTS FROM THE PAST: Hand signals from car

On Tue, 29 May 2018 17:13:02 +0100, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:

On 10/13/2015 9:22 AM, Colonel Edmund Burke wrote:
On 10/13/2015 8:18 AM, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
I observed a learner driver being shown hand signals. The instructor
stuck his hand through the window and rotated it, then rotated it the
other way. I vaguely remember some kind of indicator substitution, but
I wasn't taught it in my lessons in 1997, and I doubt many drivers would
know what it meant. At least one of them looked like he was beckoning
to the car behind to pull round him.

That's very interesting that you broach this subject. As a well-versed driver of over 50 years experience, I remember well the motorist hand signals, which were of more use to cyclists than folks in autos. Regardless of that, I still frequently use those hand signals whilst driving my most expensive convertible automobile. Most of which involve the use of my middle finger.

Discuss.............

Pleasance wants one of them electric Tesla jobs. I'm on the fence about it, seeing myself having to plug in all the time, something like a well-used vibrator or such.

No more than you have to "plug in" to the gas pump. And the plug can be in your own driveway.

--
A sheet of sandpaper makes a cheap and effective substitute for costly maps when visiting the Sahara desert.

Posted to uk.rec.driving,alt.war.vietnam,alt.home.repair

[...]

I was 50% certain that it might be real so I checked:
"bigass-babes.coms server IP address could not be found"

--
Boys who rub me up the wrong way come to a sticky end. -- Stephen Fry
Posted to uk.rec.driving,alt.war.vietnam,alt.home.repair

On Tue, 29 May 2018 19:15:21 +0100, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:

On 5/29/2018 9:27 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
[...]

Maybe so, but one would need a very long extension cord three hundred miles away.

Useless in the middle of nowhere, I guess some parts of America could be difficult. In the UK there are enough charging stations, although I'm not happy with how long they take to charge. I can fill with gas in a few minutes, I haven't seen a battery that can charge that fast yet. There are some cars in some charging stations that can almost fill in 30 minutes, but that's still a long time to wait.

--
My ex-wife was temperamental.
90% temper and 10% mental.
Posted to uk.rec.driving,alt.war.vietnam,alt.home.repair

On Tue, 29 May 2018 19:15:51 +0100, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:

On 5/29/2018 9:28 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
[...]

So? Are you Dick Tracey now?

I was just being nosey.

--
What's a diaphragm?
A trampoline for dickheads.
Posted to uk.rec.driving,alt.war.vietnam,alt.home.repair

On Tue, 29 May 2018 19:57:17 +0100, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:

On 10/13/2015 9:43 AM, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
[...]

I don't know what IAM is.

"Institute of Advanced Motorists". People with OCD that like to play everything precisely by the rules. They steer their cars without removing either hand from the wheel. They shuffle it round very clumsily and it takes ages to perform a manoeuvre. They also insist on backing into driveways and parking spaces, even though it obstructs all the other traffic. I just drive in forwards.

--
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the **** happened.
Posted to uk.rec.driving,alt.war.vietnam,alt.home.repair

On Tue, 29 May 2018 19:58:41 +0100, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:

On 5/29/2018 11:27 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
[...]

Many parts of America would be difficult. America is a "full-sized" nation, not a tiny island one.
I hope that clears things up...

But you have a difficulty we don't.

So tell me, how come your population density is so low? Do you guys have trouble getting it up?

--
You are The One. But not The One. The One who is not The One, but is Another One. But you are that One who is The One who is The Other One who is, in fact, The One. All is lost.

Posted to uk.rec.driving,alt.war.vietnam,alt.home.repair

On Tue, 29 May 2018 20:06:06 +0100, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:

On 5/29/2018 12:02 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
[...]

In the US we say of those folks (who are either old folks or ornamentals): "She's never been in an accident but has caused thousands."

We have those sort too, paying no attention to their surroundings. But the IAM folk are people who claim to be excellent drivers, they go on special training courses. They stick PRECISELY to the speed limit, even if it's foggy or they're going round a tight bend, simply because it says so on the speed limit sign. They're like robots. Clear straight road with nothing coming, they stick to 60mph and hold everyone up. Windy road with thick fog, 60mph causing danger to everyone.

--
Setting a good example for your children takes all the fun out of middle age.
Posted to uk.rec.driving,alt.war.vietnam,alt.home.repair

On Tue, 29 May 2018 20:22:19 +0100, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:

On 5/29/2018 12:16 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
[...]

It's low? Doesn't seem that way over here. In fact, I've often been heard sayin' "What we need is uh good ol'-fashioned plague."

You have areas where you don't see anyone driving for 100 miles.

--
The opposite of courage in our society is not cowardice, it is conformity; and there you have the trouble today is conformity: People acting like everyone else without knowing why, without knowing where they're going. -- Earl Nightingale
Posted to uk.rec.driving,alt.war.vietnam,alt.home.repair

On Wed, 30 May 2018 14:23:03 +0100, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:

On 5/29/2018 12:25 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
[...]

I wanna go there, to those places and live!

Why don't you then? I believe one of them is called the Arizona Desert.

--
Times are tough.
Just the other day, I saw a beggar who was so broke that he was standing on the corner shouting at the cars that went by.
Posted to uk.rec.driving,alt.war.vietnam,alt.home.repair

On Wed, 30 May 2018 15:14:41 +0100, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:

On 5/30/2018 6:27 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
[...]

Too hot out there, but the scenery is nice.
How about living out there in the middle of nowhere in a trailer?

Does it have A/C?

--
A bloke walks into a Glasgow library and says to the prim librarian,
"Excuse me Miss, dey ye hae ony books on suicide?"
Posted to uk.rec.driving,alt.war.vietnam,alt.home.repair

On Thu, 31 May 2018 17:38:00 +0100, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:

On 5/30/2018 7:19 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
[...]

Either it has A/C or you would have SB (scrambled brains).

You could just fit one of these at the end of your garden (from "bigass fans"):
http://www.sanitaryindustry.com/uplo...1656142013.jpg

--
Polynesia -- memory loss in parrots.

Posted to uk.rec.driving,alt.war.vietnam,alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Then do so.

Flip Kwikset left-hand lock knob to right-hand keyhole reversal [email protected] Home Repair 168 July 14th 17 08:05 PM
Combing RF signals borosteve UK diy 6 August 22nd 07 05:49 PM
RF Signals Himszy Electronics 2 March 20th 05 03:44 AM
alarm signals cynders Home Ownership 0 February 2nd 05 08:54 PM
Do capacitors allow or block ac signals? ameet Electronics 4 November 24th 03 10:47 AM