Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Combing RF signals

I have a situation whereby I want to combine the RF2 output and the
terrestrial aerial together and send them both with the skylink
working to three rooms. This is because where the Sky box is in my
lounge i am not able to get the terrestrial aerial to it. I have
therefore got an existing coax from sky box RF2 out put and fed this
to the loft where I need to combine it with a feed from the aerial. Is
this possible? ifso what device(s) to I need? At the moment I am just
using a two-way splitter but this gives me a poor Sky picture and I
lose the Skylink signal. Any help would be appreciated.
Regards,
Borosteve.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember borosteve
saying something like:

I have a situation whereby I want to combine the RF2 output and the
terrestrial aerial together and send them both with the skylink
working to three rooms. This is because where the Sky box is in my
lounge i am not able to get the terrestrial aerial to it. I have
therefore got an existing coax from sky box RF2 out put and fed this
to the loft where I need to combine it with a feed from the aerial. Is
this possible? ifso what device(s) to I need? At the moment I am just
using a two-way splitter but this gives me a poor Sky picture and I
lose the Skylink signal. Any help would be appreciated.

I did something similar recently using an Antiference A240D to feed 3
bedrooms with Sky remote in each.

In my case I was able to run a to and from coax to the Skybox, but I
would think you could take the single coax from RF2 out and combine that
with the UHF using a decent combiner before inputting it to the A240D.

http://www.antiference.tv/mains-powered-amplifiers-0

You'll also need the ME100BK Remote Eyes for each room and the Outlet
Plates SW700.

If you need any help with it, the Antiference tech guy Rob, is very
helpful indeed.
--

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Grimly Curmudgeon" wrote in message
[...]

I am not sure about the combining of the RF, but I've just spent a while
sorting out a Skylink setup. The individual Skylink remote sensors need the
12V signal on the RF2 output. If you are setting up any form of splitter
then any short in any Coax lead (even a single strand of the screening
sheath) will stop the Skylink working. Such a short would also degrade
picture quality. You need to check all your plugs/sockets carefully. I found
the best way to proceed was in careful steps.

1. Connect skylink directly to RF2 outlet - is it working?
2. Connect skylink in to RF2 cable in loft - is it working?
3. Connect skylink to output of your splitter/distributor - is it working?
4. Connect in one TV, with skylink - is it working?
5. Connect the next TV...

Some splitters explicitly isolate the 12V power pass through - that would
show up at Step 3.

Andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default CombINing RF signals

borosteve wrote:
I have a situation whereby I want to combine the RF2 output and the
terrestrial aerial together and send them both with the skylink
working to three rooms. This is because where the Sky box is in my
lounge i am not able to get the terrestrial aerial to it. I have
therefore got an existing coax from sky box RF2 out put and fed this
to the loft where I need to combine it with a feed from the aerial. Is
this possible? ifso what device(s) to I need? At the moment I am just
using a two-way splitter but this gives me a poor Sky picture and I
lose the Skylink signal. Any help would be appreciated.
Regards,
Borosteve.

Distribution amps to handle and mix VHF, UHF, and satellite feeds do exist.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 05:22:57 -0700, borosteve
mused:

I have a situation whereby I want to combine the RF2 output and the
terrestrial aerial together and send them both with the skylink
working to three rooms. This is because where the Sky box is in my
lounge i am not able to get the terrestrial aerial to it. I have
therefore got an existing coax from sky box RF2 out put and fed this
to the loft where I need to combine it with a feed from the aerial. Is
this possible? ifso what device(s) to I need? At the moment I am just
using a two-way splitter but this gives me a poor Sky picture and I
lose the Skylink signal. Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.televes.com/ingles/producto/ficha.asp?COD=478

or

http://www.tvlink.co.uk/loftbox.htm

--
Regards,
Stuart.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Lurch wrote:
On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 05:22:57 -0700, borosteve
mused:

I have a situation whereby I want to combine the RF2 output and the
terrestrial aerial together and send them both with the skylink
working to three rooms. This is because where the Sky box is in my
lounge i am not able to get the terrestrial aerial to it. I have
therefore got an existing coax from sky box RF2 out put and fed this
to the loft where I need to combine it with a feed from the aerial. Is
this possible? ifso what device(s) to I need? At the moment I am just
using a two-way splitter but this gives me a poor Sky picture and I
lose the Skylink signal. Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.televes.com/ingles/producto/ficha.asp?COD=478

or

http://www.tvlink.co.uk/loftbox.htm

A friend used the latter: It worked pretty well actually.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 15:28:38 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
mused:

Lurch wrote:
On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 05:22:57 -0700, borosteve
mused:

I have a situation whereby I want to combine the RF2 output and the
terrestrial aerial together and send them both with the skylink
working to three rooms. This is because where the Sky box is in my
lounge i am not able to get the terrestrial aerial to it. I have
therefore got an existing coax from sky box RF2 out put and fed this
to the loft where I need to combine it with a feed from the aerial. Is
this possible? ifso what device(s) to I need? At the moment I am just
using a two-way splitter but this gives me a poor Sky picture and I
lose the Skylink signal. Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.televes.com/ingles/producto/ficha.asp?COD=478

or

http://www.tvlink.co.uk/loftbox.htm

A friend used the latter: It worked pretty well actually.

I've fitted a few. Much easier than arsing around with
splitters\combiners and cables backwards and forwards everywhere in
most circumstances. Half of it won't be used in this instance but it's
the easiest way to do it.
--
Regards,
Stuart.

Sending stereo signals [email protected] Electronics 1 November 26th 05 11:10 AM
RF Signals Himszy Electronics 2 March 20th 05 03:44 AM
alarm signals cynders Home Ownership 0 February 2nd 05 08:54 PM