Electronics (alt.electronics)

Posted to alt.electronics

Default Sending stereo signals

Having downloaded a program for recording from my home stereo system to
computer (Sound Studio), I need a cable for transmitting to the
computer (a distance of about 20 feet). Is making this cable as simple
as putting a stereo plug on each end of speaker wire to go from
headphones output on my receiver to audio input on the computer? That
is, do I need shielded cable or something more substantial than
speaker wire?

Thanks

Lynn Willis
Indianapolis