Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Mouse trap

I have a live catch mouse trap rhat has had success only once, long ago.
Two mice, probably wanted a snug place alone for some strange reason.

Anyhow, despite changing bait regularly, it doesn't work. Then I looked at
the top of the trap and it says, in plain sight, "Catches up to 4 mice".
Now what sane mouse, after reading that, is going to go into that trap?
Stupid trap makers! The message should say "Free fresh peanut butter
inside". The snap traps work fine, a new victim every week or so.

I think I'll just take a black marker and blot out that trap info. Should
help.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.war.vietnam,uk.rec.driving

On 9/28/2015 9:06 AM, KenK wrote:
I have a live catch mouse trap rhat has had success only once, long ago.
Two mice, probably wanted a snug place alone for some strange reason.

Anyhow, despite changing bait regularly, it doesn't work. Then I looked at
the top of the trap and it says, in plain sight, "Catches up to 4 mice".
Now what sane mouse, after reading that, is going to go into that trap?
Stupid trap makers! The message should say "Free fresh peanut butter
inside". The snap traps work fine, a new victim every week or so.

I think I'll just take a black marker and blot out that trap info. Should
help.

Which reminds me of Milton Bradley's game of Mousetrap. As a young
officer, I enjoyed playing that with comrades in Nam. Also, the red
plastic mousetrap itself could double for a Jewish beanie during Shevat.

Just sayin'.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 28 Sep 2015 16:06:15 GMT, KenK wrote:

I have a live catch mouse trap rhat has had success only once, long ago.
Two mice, probably wanted a snug place alone for some strange reason.

Anyhow, despite changing bait regularly, it doesn't work. Then I looked at
the top of the trap and it says, in plain sight, "Catches up to 4 mice".
Now what sane mouse, after reading that, is going to go into that trap?
Stupid trap makers! The message should say "Free fresh peanut butter
inside". The snap traps work fine, a new victim every week or so.

I think I'll just take a black marker and blot out that trap info. Should
help.

The trap may only catch one fat mouse, or six skinny mice. Maybe they
are unionized mice? If they died in the trap trying washing it with a
bleach solution. Same with a snap trap.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, September 28, 2015 at 11:59:37 AM UTC-5, Oren wrote:
On 28 Sep 2015 16:06:15 GMT, KenK wrote:

I have a live catch mouse trap rhat has had success only once, long ago.
Two mice, probably wanted a snug place alone for some strange reason.

Anyhow, despite changing bait regularly, it doesn't work. Then I looked at
the top of the trap and it says, in plain sight, "Catches up to 4 mice".
Now what sane mouse, after reading that, is going to go into that trap?
Stupid trap makers! The message should say "Free fresh peanut butter
inside". The snap traps work fine, a new victim every week or so.

I think I'll just take a black marker and blot out that trap info. Should
help.

The trap may only catch one fat mouse, or six skinny mice. Maybe they
are unionized mice? If they died in the trap trying washing it with a
bleach solution. Same with a snap trap.

You do remember the genetically enhanced mice trained to read that escaped from the research lab? The little critters bred with wild mice and taught them to read. It's caused a lot of problems for the pest control industry because the mice can research the new pest control tech by getting on the Internet. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Rodent Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, September 28, 2015 at 12:06:20 PM UTC-4, KenK wrote:
I have a live catch mouse trap rhat has had success only once, long ago.
Two mice, probably wanted a snug place alone for some strange reason.

Anyhow, despite changing bait regularly, it doesn't work. Then I looked at
the top of the trap and it says, in plain sight, "Catches up to 4 mice".
Now what sane mouse, after reading that, is going to go into that trap?
Stupid trap makers! The message should say "Free fresh peanut butter
inside". The snap traps work fine, a new victim every week or so.

I think I'll just take a black marker and blot out that trap info. Should
help.

note put trap access door along wall, mice dont like open spaces. in addition try baiting with peanuts or peanut butter.

i had the same problem as you, complained to the extermination store where i bought the trap, and after following their advice caught nearly 40 mice

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, September 28, 2015 at 6:51:32 PM UTC-5, bob haller wrote:
[...]

They're quite tasty when sauteed in a wok with some olive oil and garlic. ~_^

[8~{} Uncle Wok Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

Uncle Monster wrote in
:

[...]

I'd read about the reading but I didn't know they were on the net too!
However, that explains a lot of Usenet posts in some groups.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/28/2015 2:48 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
[...]

Remember that Gear or Greer feller who put gerbils up his butt?

How can a mouse trap be tripped and no mouse? james Home Repair 56 June 19th 16 03:05 PM
humane mouse trap Graham.[_2_] UK diy 22 June 1st 12 11:05 PM
Mouse trap bait? [email protected] Home Repair 15 August 31st 06 01:38 PM
D-Con No-see-um mouse trap Lesley Home Repair 8 July 7th 06 09:07 PM
Electricitous Mouse Trap Steve B Metalworking 19 May 25th 06 01:05 AM