DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Mouse trap (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/385385-mouse-trap.html)

KenK September 28th 15 05:06 PM

Mouse trap

I have a live catch mouse trap rhat has had success only once, long ago.
Two mice, probably wanted a snug place alone for some strange reason.

Anyhow, despite changing bait regularly, it doesn't work. Then I looked at
the top of the trap and it says, in plain sight, "Catches up to 4 mice".
Now what sane mouse, after reading that, is going to go into that trap?
Stupid trap makers! The message should say "Free fresh peanut butter
inside". The snap traps work fine, a new victim every week or so.

I think I'll just take a black marker and blot out that trap info. Should
help.

Colonel Edmund Burke[_2_] September 28th 15 05:10 PM

Mouse trap

On 9/28/2015 9:06 AM, KenK wrote:
I have a live catch mouse trap rhat has had success only once, long ago.
Two mice, probably wanted a snug place alone for some strange reason.

Anyhow, despite changing bait regularly, it doesn't work. Then I looked at
the top of the trap and it says, in plain sight, "Catches up to 4 mice".
Now what sane mouse, after reading that, is going to go into that trap?
Stupid trap makers! The message should say "Free fresh peanut butter
inside". The snap traps work fine, a new victim every week or so.

I think I'll just take a black marker and blot out that trap info. Should
help.

Which reminds me of Milton Bradley's game of Mousetrap. As a young
officer, I enjoyed playing that with comrades in Nam. Also, the red
plastic mousetrap itself could double for a Jewish beanie during Shevat.

Just sayin'.

Oren[_2_] September 28th 15 05:59 PM

Mouse trap

On 28 Sep 2015 16:06:15 GMT, KenK wrote:

I have a live catch mouse trap rhat has had success only once, long ago.
Two mice, probably wanted a snug place alone for some strange reason.

Anyhow, despite changing bait regularly, it doesn't work. Then I looked at
the top of the trap and it says, in plain sight, "Catches up to 4 mice".
Now what sane mouse, after reading that, is going to go into that trap?
Stupid trap makers! The message should say "Free fresh peanut butter
inside". The snap traps work fine, a new victim every week or so.

I think I'll just take a black marker and blot out that trap info. Should
help.

The trap may only catch one fat mouse, or six skinny mice. Maybe they
are unionized mice? If they died in the trap trying washing it with a
bleach solution. Same with a snap trap.

Uncle Monster[_2_] September 28th 15 10:48 PM

Mouse trap

On Monday, September 28, 2015 at 11:59:37 AM UTC-5, Oren wrote:
On 28 Sep 2015 16:06:15 GMT, KenK wrote:

I have a live catch mouse trap rhat has had success only once, long ago.
Two mice, probably wanted a snug place alone for some strange reason.

Anyhow, despite changing bait regularly, it doesn't work. Then I looked at
the top of the trap and it says, in plain sight, "Catches up to 4 mice".
Now what sane mouse, after reading that, is going to go into that trap?
Stupid trap makers! The message should say "Free fresh peanut butter
inside". The snap traps work fine, a new victim every week or so.

I think I'll just take a black marker and blot out that trap info. Should
help.

The trap may only catch one fat mouse, or six skinny mice. Maybe they
are unionized mice? If they died in the trap trying washing it with a
bleach solution. Same with a snap trap.

You do remember the genetically enhanced mice trained to read that escaped from the research lab? The little critters bred with wild mice and taught them to read. It's caused a lot of problems for the pest control industry because the mice can research the new pest control tech by getting on the Internet. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Rodent Monster

bob haller September 29th 15 12:51 AM

Mouse trap

On Monday, September 28, 2015 at 12:06:20 PM UTC-4, KenK wrote:
I have a live catch mouse trap rhat has had success only once, long ago.
Two mice, probably wanted a snug place alone for some strange reason.

Anyhow, despite changing bait regularly, it doesn't work. Then I looked at
the top of the trap and it says, in plain sight, "Catches up to 4 mice".
Now what sane mouse, after reading that, is going to go into that trap?
Stupid trap makers! The message should say "Free fresh peanut butter
inside". The snap traps work fine, a new victim every week or so.

I think I'll just take a black marker and blot out that trap info. Should
help.

note put trap access door along wall, mice dont like open spaces. in addition try baiting with peanuts or peanut butter.

i had the same problem as you, complained to the extermination store where i bought the trap, and after following their advice caught nearly 40 mice

Uncle Monster[_2_] September 29th 15 05:46 AM

Mouse trap

On Monday, September 28, 2015 at 6:51:32 PM UTC-5, bob haller wrote:
[...]

They're quite tasty when sauteed in a wok with some olive oil and garlic. ~_^

[8~{} Uncle Wok Monster

KenK September 29th 15 05:37 PM

Mouse trap

Uncle Monster wrote in
:

[...]

I'd read about the reading but I didn't know they were on the net too!
However, that explains a lot of Usenet posts in some groups.

Colonel Edmund Burke[_2_] September 29th 15 05:47 PM

Mouse trap

On 9/28/2015 2:48 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
[...]

Remember that Gear or Greer feller who put gerbils up his butt?