Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Poison Ivy Removal - Total, Complete ?

On 9/18/2015 11:16 AM, Don Wiss wrote:
On Thu, 17 Sep 2015, Don Y wrote:

I have rather intense seasonal allergies. When I finally tried to do something
about it (because I couldn't *breathe*), the MD started with a "scratch test"
on my back (check sensitivities to specific irritants). Of the ~48 (?)
seasonal allergens tested, I produced a strong response to 42 of them.

You can control seasonal allergies somewhat by going dairy-free. You only
need to go dairy-free during the allergy season. The casein in dairy
increases mucous. Some singers avoid dairy for this reason.

My allergies are such that my *skin* itches just from the "crud" in
the air.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 16 Sep 2015 20:45:20 -0400,
"(PeteCresswell)" wrote:

This does not have to happen tomorrow, or next week, or even next month.
Storm season is coming and it's probably best to wait until next spring
to actually place the kayak.

Meanwhile, I'd like to kill that poison ivy, have it stay killed, and
not get a case of the stuff preparing/using the site.

Short-term, there's no need for any vegetation at all to survive in that
area.

Long term, I'd try to plant it with beach grass and fertilize it hoping
to maintain a poison ivy-free/erosion-free zone.

Anybody have a plan?
--
Pete Cresswell

Who owns this land? You?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 18 Sep 2015 14:14:42 -0400, micky
wrote:

Do mosquito bites make you itch?

No.

I did catch plenty in my mouth boating through the Everglades at
night. Never itched. Skeeter bites did make me itch when I was
younger, though.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Per micky:
Who owns this land? You?

Bay front property?

In my dreams.

The real question is "Who cares"... and the answer so far has been
"Nobody".
--
Pete Cresswell
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Do mosquito bites make you itch?

No.

I did catch plenty in my mouth boating through the Everglades at
night. Never itched.

Never had that, but first time I was stung by a bee or a wasp, it was
inside my mouth. It really didn't hurt much. I was amazed. When I was
little, people made me so afraid of being stung.

Skeeter bites did make me itch when I was
younger, though.

Me too. A lot. I once got a mosquito bite bump on top of anoher bite
bump.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Do mosquito bites make you itch?

No.

I did catch plenty in my mouth boating through the Everglades at
night. Never itched.

Never had that, but first time I was stung by a bee or a wasp, it was
inside my mouth. It really didn't hurt much. I was amazed. When I was
little, people made me so afraid of being stung.

Don't get complacent.
If you haven't been stung since, sometimes they hurt like the devil.
Watch out for wasps.

I've had a few that were mild and a few that felt like I was holding
a 110V wire.

--
Dan Espen

Help with Poison Ivy [email protected] Home Repair 19 August 23rd 07 12:08 AM
Help with Poison Ivy [email protected] Home Ownership 0 August 22nd 07 08:47 AM
Poison Ivy Removal Without Harmful Chemicals? Bertie Brink Home Repair 40 August 2nd 06 02:33 PM
Poison Ivy Kathy Home Repair 29 May 18th 05 05:41 PM
Poison it! John Ings Metalworking 1 November 21st 03 08:38 PM