Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wall-wart type power plug extenders

Does anyone local sell wall-wart type power plug extenders - you know, the
huge 'plugs' on the emd of the power cords for some things - often computer
peripherals. The ones I have won't plug into a power strip without covering
several outlets. I use cheap extension cords between them and the strip but
this takes up a lot of space for the coiled cord. What's needed is a VERY
short - about a foot long - 'extension cord'. Anyone sell such things I can
get locally so I won't have to pay the usually huge shipping and handling
when buying on line? Or do I need to make my own?

TIA

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks,uk.rec.driving

"KenK" wrote in message ...

Does anyone local sell wall-wart type power plug extenders - you know, the
huge 'plugs' on the emd of the power cords for some things - often computer
peripherals. The ones I have won't plug into a power strip without covering
several outlets. I use cheap extension cords between them and the strip but
this takes up a lot of space for the coiled cord. What's needed is a VERY
short - about a foot long - 'extension cord'. Anyone sell such things I can
get locally so I won't have to pay the usually huge shipping and handling
when buying on line? Or do I need to make my own?

Well, I can't say much about wall-mart(sic), little feller. But I remember
a long time back I saw this ad in some magazine for a cock stretcher.
The device consisted of two loops of velcroed fabric betwixt a hefty rubber
band thingy. I doubt that it wood work, so I didn't buy one.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4 Sep 2015 18:04:19 GMT, KenK wrote:

Does anyone local sell wall-wart type power plug extenders - you know, the
huge 'plugs' on the emd of the power cords for some things - often computer
peripherals. The ones I have won't plug into a power strip without covering
several outlets. I use cheap extension cords between them and the strip but
this takes up a lot of space for the coiled cord. What's needed is a VERY
short - about a foot long - 'extension cord'. Anyone sell such things I can
get locally so I won't have to pay the usually huge shipping and handling
when buying on line? Or do I need to make my own?

TIA

Places like MCM have those short cords. I got a bunch of surge
protectors years ago that look like a big plug and extend the
receptacle out about 2". I doubt they do much actual surge protection
but they do let you plug in a lot of wall warts on a strip (every
other one is extended)
Cube taps also work for this and give you plugs on both sides.
The real answer would be a heftier power supply with multiple cords
coming out. They are usually 5v or 12v these days.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"KenK" wrote in message
Does anyone local sell wall-wart type power plug extenders - you know, the
huge 'plugs' on the emd of the power cords for some things - often
computer
peripherals. The ones I have won't plug into a power strip without
covering
several outlets. I use cheap extension cords between them and the strip
but
this takes up a lot of space for the coiled cord. What's needed is a VERY
short - about a foot long - 'extension cord'. Anyone sell such things I
can
get locally so I won't have to pay the usually huge shipping and handling
when buying on line? Or do I need to make my own?

TIA

take your pick:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Extension-Po...item3f4d16c4b1

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-6-Inch-P...item19f6fd493f

http://www.winford.com/products/pwrext.php

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on 4 Sep 2015 18:04:19 GMT, KenK
wrote:

Does anyone local sell wall-wart type power plug extenders - you know, the
huge 'plugs' on the emd of the power cords for some things - often computer
peripherals. The ones I have won't plug into a power strip without covering
several outlets. I use cheap extension cords between them and the strip but
this takes up a lot of space for the coiled cord. What's needed is a VERY
short - about a foot long - 'extension cord'. Anyone sell such things I can
get locally so I won't have to pay the usually huge shipping and handling
when buying on line? Or do I need to make my own?

TIA

FWIW, some vendors don't charge large amounts for shipping. I wish I
kept better track of which ones don't. Some charge $5, some even 1 or
2 for small things.

--

Stumpy Strumpet
the bimbus
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, September 4, 2015 at 6:56:53 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:

I wish I
kept better track of which ones don't. Some charge $5, some even 1 or
2 for small things.

Pretty pointless post without those facts?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

or free shipping:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Etekcity-10-...item486d2065a2

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, September 4, 2015 at 2:04:25 PM UTC-4, KenK wrote:
Does anyone local sell wall-wart type power plug extenders - you know, the
huge 'plugs' on the emd of the power cords for some things - often computer
peripherals. The ones I have won't plug into a power strip without covering
several outlets. I use cheap extension cords between them and the strip but
this takes up a lot of space for the coiled cord. What's needed is a VERY
short - about a foot long - 'extension cord'. Anyone sell such things I can
get locally so I won't have to pay the usually huge shipping and handling
when buying on line? Or do I need to make my own?

many years ago i took some cheap 2 prong extension cords, cut most of the power plug end off making the cord about a foot and added one of those power plugs you put the wire in pressing the plug together which pierces the wire connecting the plug, it only takes a minute or two to assemble.

plus i bought 8 foot cords and used the leftover plug and wire to rewire some lights.

no waste, very low cost too my eife was impressed at how it cut down on the wire mess
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/4/2015 2:04 PM, KenK wrote:
Does anyone local sell wall-wart type power plug extenders - you know, the
huge 'plugs' on the emd of the power cords for some things - often computer
peripherals. The ones I have won't plug into a power strip without covering
several outlets. I use cheap extension cords between them and the strip but
this takes up a lot of space for the coiled cord. What's needed is a VERY
short - about a foot long - 'extension cord'. Anyone sell such things I can
get locally so I won't have to pay the usually huge shipping and handling
when buying on line? Or do I need to make my own?

TIA

Plus you can sometimes use a cube tape to raise the level of the wall
wart to that it is over the adjacent one.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 09/04/2015 01:04 PM, KenK wrote:
Does anyone local sell wall-wart type power plug extenders - you know, the
huge 'plugs' on the emd of the power cords for some things - often computer
peripherals. The ones I have won't plug into a power strip without covering
several outlets. I use cheap extension cords between them and the strip but
this takes up a lot of space for the coiled cord. What's needed is a VERY
short - about a foot long - 'extension cord'. Anyone sell such things I can
get locally so I won't have to pay the usually huge shipping and handling
when buying on line? Or do I need to make my own?

TIA

I have a few of these "wall-wart removers", 8-inch single-outlet
extension cords. Sometimes a 6-foot cord costs less, and you can put
THREE of the things on it.

--
111 days until the winter celebration (Friday December 25, 2015 for 1
day).

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"People are zealous for a cause when they are not quite positive that it
is true." [Bertrand Russell]
Posted to alt.home.repair

KenK wrote:
Does anyone local sell wall-wart type power plug extenders - you
know, the huge 'plugs' on the emd of the power cords for some things
- often computer peripherals. The ones I have won't plug into a power
strip without covering several outlets. I use cheap extension cords
between them and the strip but this takes up a lot of space for the
coiled cord. What's needed is a VERY short - about a foot long -
'extension cord'. Anyone sell such things I can get locally so I
won't have to pay the usually huge shipping and handling when buying
on line? Or do I need to make my own?

Monoprice would be the first place I'd check.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Bob F wrote:
KenK wrote:
Does anyone local sell wall-wart type power plug extenders - you
know, the huge 'plugs' on the emd of the power cords for some things
- often computer peripherals. The ones I have won't plug into a power
strip without covering several outlets. I use cheap extension cords
between them and the strip but this takes up a lot of space for the
coiled cord. What's needed is a VERY short - about a foot long -
'extension cord'. Anyone sell such things I can get locally so I
won't have to pay the usually huge shipping and handling when buying
on line? Or do I need to make my own?

Monoprice would be the first place I'd check.

http://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=5296

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4 Sep 2015 18:04:19 GMT, KenK wrote:

Does anyone local sell wall-wart type power plug extenders

Search Amazon for "power strip liberator". I have several like these

http://www.amazon.com/Ziotek-Power-S.../dp/B0009K6WJY

though I'm pretty sure I paid a lot less. They turn one outlet into
two with only a single dangling cord, and I almost always have a mix
of things to plug in, so they do the "liberating" with less mess.

Edward

Tomy baby monitor power adaptor (wall wart) MM UK diy 17 July 7th 10 12:49 PM
Wall wart in a box The Medway Handyman UK diy 14 November 9th 09 06:34 PM
TIP: source for cheap wall-wart power supplies pete UK diy 4 September 10th 09 07:20 PM
Wall-wart issues Lobster UK diy 10 December 27th 08 05:48 PM
mini din type DC power plug wanted can't trace it [email protected] Electronics Repair 1 June 12th 05 07:02 AM