Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wall-wart type power plug extenders

On Fri, 04 Sep 2015 14:48:58 -0400, wrote:

On 4 Sep 2015 18:04:19 GMT, KenK wrote:

Does anyone local sell wall-wart type power plug extenders - you know, the
huge 'plugs' on the emd of the power cords for some things - often computer
peripherals. The ones I have won't plug into a power strip without covering
several outlets. I use cheap extension cords between them and the strip but
this takes up a lot of space for the coiled cord. What's needed is a VERY
short - about a foot long - 'extension cord'. Anyone sell such things I can
get locally so I won't have to pay the usually huge shipping and handling
when buying on line? Or do I need to make my own?

TIA

Places like MCM have those short cords. I got a bunch of surge
protectors years ago that look like a big plug and extend the
receptacle out about 2". I doubt they do much actual surge protection
but they do let you plug in a lot of wall warts on a strip (every
other one is extended)
Cube taps also work for this and give you plugs on both sides.
The real answer would be a heftier power supply with multiple cords
coming out. They are usually 5v or 12v these days.

Instead of a power bar get a "spider" or "octapus" cord.