Default mini din type DC power plug wanted can't trace it

I have a broken power output plug on my laptop psu.
it is like a svideo mini din plug but has 4 pins in a roughly
square formation except that the bottom pair of pins are slightly
closer together than the top pair. it has no plastic locator inside the
barrel of the plug but has two indented locators on the outer steel
barrel. The plug is round and has the same outward appearance as the
svideo plugs.

I have tried maplins and RS components but can not find the listed
as I begrudge paying =A360 for a new psu for the sake of a plug I would
be most grateful to anyone who could help me source one or who could
give me the proper name for the plug sothat I can try further myself.

Thanks in advance Invadar.

NSM

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a broken power output plug on my laptop psu.
it is like a svideo mini din plug but has 4 pins in a roughly
square formation except that the bottom pair of pins are slightly
closer together than the top pair. it has no plastic locator inside the
barrel of the plug but has two indented locators on the outer steel
barrel. The plug is round and has the same outward appearance as the
svideo plugs.

I have tried maplins and RS components but can not find the listed
as I begrudge paying £60 for a new psu for the sake of a plug I would

Poke around on http://www.rpelectronics.com/ and see if you can match it.