Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Filters

Anyone know how to filter posts that are made by the same individual, but who uses a different email address each day?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Go to junk folder and block Domain.

"Burke Filter" wrote in message

Anyone know how to filter posts that are made by the same individual, but
who uses a different email address each day?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Burke Filter pretended :
Anyone know how to filter posts that are made by the same individual, but who
uses a different email address each day?

Outlook Express kind of sucks for filtering, but I think, IIRC, you can
choose the block sender and edit the email part out of the string so
that the name only triggers the filter. Of course, he can still evade
it if he wants to. You can get a better filtering application to go
with OE and get better results.

For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race towards an early grave.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/11/2015 1:31 PM, tony944 wrote:
Go to junk folder and block Domain.

"Burke Filter" wrote in message

Anyone know how to filter posts that are made by the same individual,
but who uses a different email address each day?

Balked at this myself but that may be the only answer.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 11 Aug 2015 10:10:09 -0700, "Burke Filter"
wrote in

Anyone know how to filter posts that are made by the same individual, but who uses a different email address each day?

Go here
http://www.forteinc.com/agent/index.php

and get yourself a decent newsreader. It has all the filtering
capability you will ever need.

Posted to alt.home.repair
SMS SMS is offline

On 8/11/2015 10:10 AM, Burke Filter wrote:
Anyone know how to filter posts that are made by the same individual, but who uses a different email address each day?

No real solution unless there's something common about all the e-mail
addresses then you can use "contains" when setting up the filter.

It's amazing that those people have so much time to spend solely for the
purpose of annoying others.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, August 11, 2015 at 12:10:52 PM UTC-5, Burke Filter wrote:
Anyone know how to filter posts that are made by the same individual, but who uses a different email address each day?

I can't block anyone since I'm stuck with Chrome right now but I have Thunderbird on my Windows box at home. If I remember correctly, I would filter a sender like Burka Boy by setting a filter to block anything with "Burk" in the from field of a post. à²*€¿à²*

[8~{} Uncle Block Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 11 Aug 2015 14:13:40 -0500, CRNG
wrote:

On Tue, 11 Aug 2015 10:10:09 -0700, "Burke Filter"
wrote in

Anyone know how to filter posts that are made by the same individual, but who uses a different email address each day?

Go here
http://www.forteinc.com/agent/index.php

and get yourself a decent newsreader. It has all the filtering
capability you will ever need.

....but does it allow you to filter an entire Domain ? None I've found
recently allows it. I use and early Agent.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/11/2015 1:10 PM, Burke Filter wrote:
Anyone know how to filter posts that are made by the same individual, but who uses a different email address each day?

Who?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/11/2015 4:28 PM, sms wrote:
On 8/11/2015 10:10 AM, Burke Filter wrote:
Anyone know how to filter posts that are made by the same individual,
but who uses a different email address each day?

No real solution unless there's something common about all the e-mail
addresses then you can use "contains" when setting up the filter.

It's amazing that those people have so much time to spend solely for the
purpose of annoying others.

Even more amazing how some who reply to the idiots, satisfying their
pathetic craving for attention.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, August 11, 2015 at 7:44:58 PM UTC-5, SBH wrote:
On 8/11/2015 1:10 PM, Burke Filter wrote:
Anyone know how to filter posts that are made by the same individual, but who uses a different email address each day?

Who?

E.D. Burka-Jerkagerkin
Posted to alt.home.repair

Burke Filter wrote:
Anyone know how to filter posts that are made by the same individual,
but who uses a different email address each day?

Message rule where the from line contains each of the common names it uses
without the @xxx.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/11/2015 9:57 PM, bob_villa wrote:
On Tuesday, August 11, 2015 at 7:44:58 PM UTC-5, SBH wrote:
On 8/11/2015 1:10 PM, Burke Filter wrote:
Anyone know how to filter posts that are made by the same individual, but who uses a different email address each day?

Who?

E.D. Burka-Jerkagerkin

I suppose I should have insert a (sarcasm) since that was my intent.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 11 Aug 2015 17:18:37 -0700, Oren wrote in

wrote:

On Tue, 11 Aug 2015 10:10:09 -0700, "Burke Filter"
wrote in

Anyone know how to filter posts that are made by the same individual, but who uses a different email address each day?

Go here
http://www.forteinc.com/agent/index.php

and get yourself a decent newsreader. It has all the filtering
capability you will ever need.

...but does it allow you to filter an entire Domain ? None I've found
recently allows it. I use and early Agent.

Here's a filter I have that applies to all googlegroups messages:

message-id: @googlegroups.com

The newsgourp: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent is a well
behaved group dedicated to the Agent mail/newsgroup reader.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, August 12, 2015 at 4:56:28 AM UTC-5, SBH wrote:
On 8/11/2015 9:57 PM, bob_villa wrote:
On Tuesday, August 11, 2015 at 7:44:58 PM UTC-5, SBH wrote:
On 8/11/2015 1:10 PM, Burke Filter wrote:
Anyone know how to filter posts that are made by the same individual, but who uses a different email address each day?

Who?

E.D. Burka-Jerkagerkin

I suppose I should have insert a (sarcasm) since that was my intent.

Sorry for the faux pas. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted to alt.home.repair

"bob_villa" wrote in message

On Tuesday, August 11, 2015 at 7:44:58 PM UTC-5, SBH wrote:
On 8/11/2015 1:10 PM, Burke Filter wrote:
Anyone know how to filter posts that are made by the same individual,
but who uses a different email address each day?

Who?

E.D. Burka-Jerkagerkin

Bob? The manager called and said your tortillas aren't "round" enough. He
wants you to practice at home.

Posted to alt.drugs.hard,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

"Burke Filter" wrote in message

Anyone know how to filter posts that are made by the same individual, but
who uses a different email address each day?

I use Virtual Shadow application to poast, which means you never see me
coming. It's a Nam thing, son.
LOL

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Tue, 11 Aug 2015 10:10:09 -0700, "Burke Filter"
wrote in

Anyone know how to filter posts that are made by the same individual, but who uses a different email address each day?

Go here
http://www.forteinc.com/agent/index.php

and get yourself a decent newsreader. It has all the filtering
capability you will ever need.

...but does it allow you to filter an entire Domain ? None I've found
recently allows it. I use and early Agent.

You're using Agent 3 I'm using 1.9 which is, of course, earlier. We
both just use the simple filters that can be set up in 10 seconds, But
begin a filter and then click on Help andy you'll see that it allows
filtering using Agent expression language and regular expression
language.

Here's a filter I have that applies to all googlegroups messages:

message-id: @googlegroups.com

The newsgourp: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent is a well
behaved group dedicated to the Agent mail/newsgroup reader.

And they will help him understand regular expression language, which
FTR, confused me. Of course I only spent 3 minutes trying to learn it,
15 years ago.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 11 Aug 2015 13:28:46 -0700, sms
wrote:

On 8/11/2015 10:10 AM, Burke Filter wrote:
Anyone know how to filter posts that are made by the same individual, but who uses a different email address each day?

No real solution unless there's something common about all the e-mail
addresses then you can use "contains" when setting up the filter.

It's amazing that those people have so much time to spend solely for the
purpose of annoying others.

I know about the main one. His mother dropped him on his head when he
was a baby. When he was okay, she dropped him 5 more times.

Posted to alt.home.repair
SMS SMS is offline

wrote:

On 8/11/2015 10:10 AM, Burke Filter wrote:
Anyone know how to filter posts that are made by the same individual, but who uses a different email address each day?

No real solution unless there's something common about all the e-mail
addresses then you can use "contains" when setting up the filter.

It's amazing that those people have so much time to spend solely for the
purpose of annoying others.

I know about the main one. His mother dropped him on his head when he
was a baby. When he was okay, she dropped him 5 more times.

I actually met one of the people in my kill-file many years ago at a
trade show in San Francisco. I recognized his name on his badge when he
came to the booth of the company I was working for. He seemed quite
normal. But something about the anonymity of Usenet must somehow change
people's online behavior.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 12 Aug 2015 22:34:00 -0400, micky
wrote:

...but does it allow you to filter an entire Domain ? None I've found
recently allows it. I use and early Agent.

You're using Agent 3 I'm using 1.9 which is, of course, earlier. We
both just use the simple filters that can be set up in 10 seconds, But
begin a filter and then click on Help andy you'll see that it allows
filtering using Agent expression language and regular expression
language.

I've read that Help section. Nothing is clear for filtering an entire
domain; regarding Usenet. (aioe.org news server)
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

...but does it allow you to filter an entire Domain ? None I've found
recently allows it. I use and early Agent.

You're using Agent 3 I'm using 1.9 which is, of course, earlier. We
both just use the simple filters that can be set up in 10 seconds, But
begin a filter and then click on Help andy you'll see that it allows
filtering using Agent expression language and regular expression
language.

I've read that Help section. Nothing is clear for filtering an entire
domain; regarding Usenet. (aioe.org news server)

I agree that nothing is clear.

What about Concatenating Atoms, author: {@domain}

Braces seem to indicate regular expressions.

I think the guys in the Agent ng can advise much better than I.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 13 Aug 2015 13:39:10 -0400, micky
wrote:

I think the guys in the Agent ng can advise much better than I.

As I mentioned before, nothing I've seen in older versions of Agent
allow filtering by Usenet domain, and what I checked on Forte' web
sight does not indicate it in newer versions. So I conclude a news
group would tell me the same. Ask the Agent newsgroup if you like.

I'll stick to past experience.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I think the guys in the Agent ng can advise much better than I.

As I mentioned before, nothing I've seen in older versions of Agent
allow filtering by Usenet domain,

AFAYCT, after snipping my suggestion.

and what I checked on Forte' web
sight does not indicate it in newer versions.

I believe you that there's nothing new in newer versions.

So I conclude a news
group would tell me the same.

That their deep knowledge of the subject can be no better than yours.
Self-confidence is good, but too much of anything can be bad.

Ask the Agent newsgroup if you like.

You're the one who wanted a filter, not me.

I'll stick to past experience.

But you have no experience writing regular expressions and certainly not
trying to use them to do what you want here.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I think the guys in the Agent ng can advise much better than I.

As I mentioned before, nothing I've seen in older versions of Agent
allow filtering by Usenet domain,

AFAYCT, after snipping my suggestion.

and what I checked on Forte' web
sight does not indicate it in newer versions.

I believe you that there's nothing new in newer versions.

So I conclude a news
group would tell me the same.

That their deep knowledge of the subject can be no better than yours.
Self-confidence is good, but too much of anything can be bad.

Ask the Agent newsgroup if you like.

You're the one who wanted a filter, not me.

All I did was ask. The subject of filtering came up here, so I asked.

I'll stick to past experience.

But you have no experience writing regular expressions and certainly not
trying to use them to do what you want here.

Looks like no Agent user here has a solution to my question about
filtering an entire domain. Obviously you have no expertise in this
area either. Thanks for playing.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 13 Aug 2015 09:47:19 -0700, Oren wrote in

wrote:

...but does it allow you to filter an entire Domain ? None I've found
recently allows it. I use and early Agent.

You're using Agent 3 I'm using 1.9 which is, of course, earlier. We
both just use the simple filters that can be set up in 10 seconds, But
begin a filter and then click on Help andy you'll see that it allows
filtering using Agent expression language and regular expression
language.

I've read that Help section. Nothing is clear for filtering an entire
domain; regarding Usenet. (aioe.org news server)

In Agent 8, the filter expression

message-id: @googlegroups.com

filters all messages from the googlegroups.com domain. I don't recall
when that feature was introduced.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I wonder if you could just use a filter where it filters anything in the
From that has domain in it - not the entire , but just put
"domain" there? It seems to work in Tbird and Tbird isn't as nearly of
a good newsreader as I've heard Agent is. Or maybe you could insert a
wildcard like : *@domain.*. Not all newsreaders recognize wildcards,
though.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 13 Aug 2015 13:52:03 -0500, CRNG
wrote:

In Agent 8, the filter expression

message-id: @googlegroups.com

I'll try a similar expression. I did try @aioe.org but the filter did
not work. I'll try adding the sub-domain:

@Speranza.aioe.org in Agent 3.x

Thanks.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2015-08-13, micky wrote:

I agree that nothing is clear.

Prolly cuz this is a home repair newsgroup, not a newsreader
newsgroup. This thread shoulda been posted in:

news.software.readers

nb
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 13 Aug 2015 20:14:25 GMT, notbob wrote:

I agree that nothing is clear.

Prolly cuz this is a home repair newsgroup, not a newsreader
newsgroup. This thread shoulda been posted in:

news.software.readers

Is that written in the charter?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Tue, 11 Aug 2015 10:10:09 -0700, "Burke Filter"
wrote in

Anyone know how to filter posts that are made by the same individual, but who uses a different email address each day?

Go here
http://www.forteinc.com/agent/index.php

and get yourself a decent newsreader. It has all the filtering
capability you will ever need.

...but does it allow you to filter an entire Domain ? None I've found
recently allows it. I use and early Agent.

Here's a filter I have that applies to all googlegroups messages:

message-id: @googlegroups.com

When I read this the first time, I didn't take sufficient notice of it.

Is this a regular expression, even though it's not in braces? No, it's
clear from the help file that regular expressions use braces.

I don't see in the help file where it permits matching partial fields,
but now I see there are 5 more clearly relevant items under "See also".
I've never read those. Maybe tonight.

Agent urges people to avoid regular expressions, because they take a lot
of time to process. Of course that warning was written when processors
ran at 1/10 the current speed or less.

Although maybe I noticed it enough that my suggestion
of author: {@domain} might have been based on it.

What else is interesting is that the help fille, afaict, makes only the
most indirect reference to filtering on message-id or anything other
than subject and author. (But I'm sure that's one of the things that
people in the ng know about.)

The newsgourp: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent is a well
behaved group dedicated to the Agent mail/newsgroup reader.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Burke Filter posted for all of us...

Anyone know how to filter posts that are made by the same individual, but who uses a different email address each day?

Edit the filter to just Burke (whatever he uses... you may be able to add a
OR and add another one of his names.

Others have mention blocking domains. I use Microplanet Gravity which is
free and old but can do this. Also one called NewsRover can do this.

--
Tekkie *Please post a follow-up*
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, August 14, 2015 at 2:58:34 PM UTC-5, Tekkie® wrote:
Burke Filter posted for all of us...

Anyone know how to filter posts that are made by the same individual, but who uses a different email address each day?

Edit the filter to just Burke (whatever he uses... you may be able to add a
OR and add another one of his names.

Others have mention blocking domains. I use Microplanet Gravity which is
free and old but can do this. Also one called NewsRover can do this.

--
Tekkie *Please post a follow-up*

My Chromebook has me stuck with using Google Groups so I can't filter out anyone but I have Thunderbird installed on my Windows machines at home and as I remember I could filter out pests like Burka Boy by setting up a filter to block anything with "Burke" anywhere in the "from" line of a post. In the past, I would rarely killfile anyone unless it was a repetitive profane serial poster like Burka Boy. It's really not that hard to block a single poster or even replies to them. I wish I had one of my Windows laptops with me. ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)•*ˆ©•®

[8~{} Uncle Block Monster

A.C. filters Andy[_35_] Home Repair 10 July 8th 15 08:07 PM
Y filters Bob Minchin[_3_] UK diy 4 January 24th 10 03:52 PM
Seeking Opinions on air return filters and air vent filters No Way Home Repair 19 June 11th 07 06:52 PM
Air Filters - Questions re the ones for the HVAC and seperate plug-in type air filters. Ron Cliborn Home Repair 3 August 13th 06 05:37 PM
WTD: TV SAW filters [email protected] Electronics Repair 0 October 9th 04 08:08 AM