Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles Muggles is offline

Default Filters

On 8/13/2015 1:32 PM, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 13 Aug 2015 14:17:27 -0400, micky
wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 13 Aug 2015 11:00:49 -0700, Oren
wrote:

On Thu, 13 Aug 2015 13:39:10 -0400, micky
wrote:

I think the guys in the Agent ng can advise much better than I.

As I mentioned before, nothing I've seen in older versions of Agent
allow filtering by Usenet domain,

AFAYCT, after snipping my suggestion.

and what I checked on Forte' web
sight does not indicate it in newer versions.

I believe you that there's nothing new in newer versions.

So I conclude a news
group would tell me the same.

That their deep knowledge of the subject can be no better than yours.
Self-confidence is good, but too much of anything can be bad.

Ask the Agent newsgroup if you like.

You're the one who wanted a filter, not me.

All I did was ask. The subject of filtering came up here, so I asked.

I'll stick to past experience.

But you have no experience writing regular expressions and certainly not
trying to use them to do what you want here.

Looks like no Agent user here has a solution to my question about
filtering an entire domain. Obviously you have no expertise in this
area either. Thanks for playing.

I wonder if you could just use a filter where it filters anything in the
From that has domain in it - not the entire , but just put
"domain" there? It seems to work in Tbird and Tbird isn't as nearly of
a good newsreader as I've heard Agent is. Or maybe you could insert a
wildcard like : *@domain.*. Not all newsreaders recognize wildcards,
though.

--
Maggie