Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Clinton announces 2016 White House bid

Oren posted for all of us...

On Mon, 13 Apr 2015 15:58:28 -0500, Vic Smith
wrote:

Just KF them. No need to reply. If you're feeling frisky, give them
a simple **** you. Sums it up.

**** You.

Skedaddle back under your rock in Chicago.

Doesn't Oslama go back home occasionally? G

--
Tekkie *Please post a follow-up*
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren posted for all of us...

On Wed, 15 Apr 2015 10:07:20 -0500, Unquestionably Confused
wrote:

Can you name one
positive thing she achieved while Sec of State?

She resigned?

She flew millions of miles to accomplish absolutely nothing.

At this point what does it matter? Ask the guys in Bengazi...

--
Tekkie *Please post a follow-up*
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Clinton announces 2016 White House bid Look this up!

Jim and Susan McDoogal posted for all of us...

Please help support our dear friend Hillary!
Thanks,
Jim and Sue

http://lesbians4hillary.com/

ROTFLMAO

--
Tekkie *Please post a follow-up*
Posted to alt.home.repair
SMS SMS is offline

On 4/16/2015 9:49 AM, T wrote:
On 04/16/2015 08:16 AM, trader_4 wrote:
without staying anywhere long enough to even see if what she did worked

Bingo!

I have seen this so many times before. Almost as bad as
a boss' son taking over the company.

"Failing up" is what a lot of CEOs have done.

What I have seen is CEOs that come into a company just as something
spectacularly profitable that they had nothing to do with occurs. Then
they are credited with turning the company around and get a job as CEO
of a larger company.

One company I worked at, a new CEO came in just as there was a
tremendous shortage of a product we had been manufacturing for more than
a decade. We quintupled the price of the product, alienated our regular
customers, and made large profits for a short time. Then the shortage
ended but he had moved on to destroy another company, a big fruit
company. He almost succeeded in destroying it but the board of directors
came to its senses and showed him out. Then he wrote a book about how he
saved the company.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/16/2015 10:49 AM, T wrote:
I have seen this so many times before. Almost as bad as
a boss' son taking over the company.

I worked for one company where the boss's son, a Harvard MBA, came on
board to help. A few of us formed a start up from the ashes when the
company went bankrupt. Neither the old boss or his son were invited to
come with us.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/16/2015 01:24 PM, Oren wrote:
Some of those old Compaq units had drives you could make door stops
with - how many MB's? There was a 'laptop' model the size of a
carry-on luggage. They went to military disposal, except the drives.

Prior to the IBM PC I had an Osborne I CP/M portable. At 22 pounds, it
kept you in shape. I also paid close to $2000 1980's dollars for it,
plus shipping it back to the factory for the double sided double density
drive upgrade.

It was primitive, but it paid for itself well over.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/16/2015 10:47 AM, T wrote:
I am previewing SOF (Son-of-Frankenstein, or Windows Nein,
oops, Windows 10). It is snappier and a bit more polished.
But it is still Frankenstein (w8) re-spun, so don't hold
your breath. For content creation, stay on Windows 7.
Or get the hell off of Windows completely (I use Linux).

We've been running the previews to see if there are any surprises. My
development machines include one Windows 2000, one XP, a couple of
Windows and a Linux box running Kubuntu. Except for the 2000, that's the
same mix I have at home except I run OpenSuse 13.2 instead of Kubuntu.

We have some Windows 8/Server 2012/Server 2012 R2 boxes at work. A
couple of people have come to terms with them but every time I log on I
wonder what to do next.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/16/2015 4:29 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
Oren posted for all of us...

She flew millions of miles to accomplish absolutely nothing.

At this point what does it matter? Ask the guys in Bengazi...

Like Chicago, the Benghazi boys will vote
Democrat.

They're dead.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/16/2015 07:12 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 04/16/2015 10:49 AM, T wrote:
I have seen this so many times before. Almost as bad as
a boss' son taking over the company.

I worked for one company where the boss's son, a Harvard MBA, came on
board to help. A few of us formed a start up from the ashes when the
company went bankrupt. Neither the old boss or his son were invited to
come with us.

At least you were able to save something!

If you are going to give you r business to your worthless
no account son, make him work every position in the company.
Do not advance him to a new position until his supervisor
in the old position says he is ready.

Or, just don't do it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/16/2015 02:42 PM, sms wrote:
On 4/16/2015 9:49 AM, T wrote:
[...]

I would say "unbelievable", but ...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 17 Apr 2015 10:58:38 -0700, T wrote:

If you are going to give you r business to your worthless
no account son, make him work every position in the company.
Do not advance him to a new position until his supervisor
in the old position says he is ready.

Or, just don't do it.

....it gets bad with Affirmative Action and Nepotism.

I drove a few bosses to drinking; caused large stacks of paper :-\
--
you never meet a horse that needs stealing, but you meet a man that needs killin'
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/16/2015 07:23 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 04/16/2015 10:47 AM, T wrote:
I am previewing SOF (Son-of-Frankenstein, or Windows Nein,
oops, Windows 10). It is snappier and a bit more polished.
But it is still Frankenstein (w8) re-spun, so don't hold
your breath. For content creation, stay on Windows 7.
Or get the hell off of Windows completely (I use Linux).

We've been running the previews to see if there are any surprises. My
development machines include one Windows 2000, one XP, a couple of
Windows and a Linux box running Kubuntu. Except for the 2000, that's the
same mix I have at home except I run OpenSuse 13.2 instead of Kubuntu.

We have some Windows 8/Server 2012/Server 2012 R2 boxes at work. A
couple of people have come to terms with them but every time I log on I
wonder what to do next.

Hi RBowman,

Oh M$ Server is a horrible piece of crap. I have to deal with them
occasionally.

Since my customer base is mainly small businesses,
when I see them, it is usually because one of my colleagues
(competitors) told them that they needed it to speed things up.
One of my competitors talks everyone he can into an Exchange
(eMail) Server. Takes my breath away. I have undone two
of them in the last year.

And you don't need a server when you have five or fewer workstations.

I don't care for the "Cloud", but eMail works beautifully in the
cloud. Both Zoho and gMail have incredible spam/virus filters
too.

And M$ likes to put an artificial performance block in W7 and XP
to keep you from serving files from them. Here is the
antidote:

-T

REGEDIT4
; Optimize XP and W7 for use as a mini file server

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Session
Manager\Memory Management]
"LargeSystemCache"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\servic es\LanmanServer\Parameters]
"Size"=dword:00000003

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/16/2015 10:44 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
T writes:
On 04/16/2015 04:57 AM, trader_4 wrote:
Her buying up Compaq made no sense to me.

HP and Compaq use to compete on who could make the
worst computers. After Fiorina, it was a mute point.

A moot point, surely?

I went to publik skool
Posted to alt.home.repair

T writes:
On 04/16/2015 04:57 AM, trader_4 wrote:
Her buying up Compaq made no sense to me.

HP and Compaq use to compete on who could make the
worst computers. After Fiorina, it was a mute point.

A moot point, surely?

I went to publik skool

It was also an incorrect point. HP made a lot of
very good computers, and so did Compaq, DEC and
Tandem - all of which were absorbed by HP.

PA-RISC, Itanium, Non-Stop etc.

Carly on the other hand, was widely disliked internally.

--
Okay, yes -- I have met the occasional person who has decided that his/her
moral position is so impeccable that it justifies rudeness, hostility,
Posted to alt.home.repair

sms posted for all of us...

On 4/16/2015 9:49 AM, T wrote:
[...]

It wasn't Robert Dunlap was it?

--
Tekkie *Please post a follow-up*

Posted to alt.home.repair

T writes:
On 04/16/2015 04:57 AM, trader_4 wrote:
Her buying up Compaq made no sense to me.

HP and Compaq use to compete on who could make the
worst computers. After Fiorina, it was a mute point.

A moot point, surely?

I went to publik skool

It was also an incorrect point. HP made a lot of
very good computers, and so did Compaq, DEC and
Tandem - all of which were absorbed by HP.

PA-RISC, Itanium, Non-Stop etc.

Carly on the other hand, was widely disliked internally.

Hi Scott,

Oh yes you are correct, they did make some nice stuff.
I should have been more careful about the "past tense".

I do remember the first Compaq 386 I got. Loved the
thing. I thought is was very well done. HP were
well done back then too.

HP and Compaq did not start making crappy computers till
much later. Pretty much around the time Carly took over.

Right now, I tell my customers to expect the hard drives
to go out on HP computers at about 13 months. That would
be 1 month after the warranty expires. And they don't come
with media. And, and, the *******s wont sent you the media.
What they send you is an image of the original install (with
all their junkware included), which will only install on
the original hard drive sent with the unit. Yes, they
check the serial number of the drive.

My solution is to just sell them both a new hard drive and
a copy of Windows whatever OEM. I always give the disk to
the customer. And, I get paid for installing it and customizing
it they way they want.

It is disheartening to see to giants in the industry disintegrate
like they did.

At least HP Instruments was spun off. Their stuff is so
good even Japanese engineers demands tariffs be lifted
to they could use them. So there is an HP bright spot.

I remember when HP Instruments 25 years ago had a policy
that when there was an economic downturn, everyone took
a pay cut rather than laying folks off. The idea
was that they absolutely did not want to lose any
of their intellectual property and not have to retrain
anyone when the economy picked back up. Their instruments
were unbelievably well done. (And no Carly!)

-T
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/17/2015 12:20 PM, T wrote:

And you don't need a server when you have five or fewer workstations.

We do PSAP systems and they're big on redundancy, fault tolerance, and
all that good stuff so a couple of server class machines is unavoidable.
Lately virtual machines are all the rage. That might be fine is you are
doing CPU intensive stuff but disk and NIC virtualization sucks as far
as I can see.
Posted to alt.home.repair

rbowman writes:
On 04/17/2015 12:20 PM, T wrote:

And you don't need a server when you have five or fewer workstations.

We do PSAP systems and they're big on redundancy, fault tolerance, and
all that good stuff so a couple of server class machines is unavoidable.
Lately virtual machines are all the rage. That might be fine is you are
doing CPU intensive stuff but disk and NIC virtualization sucks as far
as I can see.

On the larger servers, nic virtualization is quite good. Most modern
higher-end NIC's support the PCI Express Single Root I/O Virtualization
specification. This allows the hypervisor to grant guest direct access
to the NIC (without interfering with other guests or the hypervisor
itself) using virtual PCI Express functions.

There are NICs out there that will support 256 virtual functions
(allowing 256 guests direct access to the networking hardware).

Likewise, disk virtualization via FCOE or iSCSI over SR-IOV NIC's
works quite well. Again, on higher-end hardware, of course.

There is even one System-on-a-Chip (SoC) that provides 16 SATA
controllers, allowing direct access from up to 16 guests.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 15 Apr 2015 19:44:45 -0400, Jim and Susan McDoogal
wrote:

Please help support our dear friend Hillary!
Thanks,
Jim and Sue

http://lesbians4hillary.com/

Do you know what has fuzzy yellow balls and eats pussy?

Billie Jean King!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/15/2015 7:44 PM, Jim and Susan McDoogal wrote:

Please help support our dear friend Hillary!
Thanks,
Jim and Sue

http://lesbians4hillary.com/

Another Hillary support group:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ches-hookers-/

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/18/2015 08:42 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
n the larger servers, nic virtualization is quite good. Most modern
higher-end NIC's support the PCI Express Single Root I/O Virtualization
specification. This allows the hypervisor to grant guest direct access
to the NIC (without interfering with other guests or the hypervisor
itself) using virtual PCI Express functions.

This specifically is KVM on a CentOS host with Server 2012 guests. It
probably can be tuned up but the care and feeding of VMs isn't where our
expertise lies. Xen/Server 2008 appeared to do a better job but at the
time Xen/Server 2012 had its i/o problems too.

It's been a learning experience but this old dog's patience for new
tricks is wearing thin. I can't wait to see what oddities windows 10
will introduce.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 18 Apr 2015 13:55:32 -0400, Frank "frank
wrote:

Another Hillary support group

I suggest she support ****rie music.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Another Hillary support group:

Hillary Clinton's

Democratic presidential takes a left turn by targeting Wall Street

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4181468453001/will-voters-buy-hillary-clintons-populist-pitch/?playlist_id=928378949001#sp=show-clips
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Another Hillary support group

I suggest she support ****rie music.

While using her fake southern accent.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/18/2015 12:06 PM, rbowman wrote:
KVM on a CentOS host

I use KVM on Scientific Linux 6.6

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Another Hillary support group

I suggest she support ****rie music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjwqgghyW-Y

'Put the O Back in ****ry' Shooter Jennings
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, April 16, 2015 at 5:42:47 PM UTC-4, sms wrote:
On 4/16/2015 9:49 AM, T wrote:
[...]

sounds like another version of ron johnson at penneys. the board finally fired him...

I dont believe Ron should EVER be allowed to manage anything..........

even a kids lemonade stand
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Another Hillary support group

I suggest she support ****rie music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjwqgghyW-Y

'Put the O Back in ****ry' Shooter Jennings

In miss Watasha, his father. Shooter looks like him but not the same
mold. Jessie Coulter, his mother was a looker and could sang

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoOEEQPiUxE

The waitress looker in this is Shooter's mother, Jessie. Unless I'm
wrong
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/19/2015 01:25 PM, Oren wrote:
In miss Watasha, his father. Shooter looks like him but not the same
mold. Jessie Coulter, his mother was a looker and could sang

I saw Shooter in concert a few years ago on a spur of the moment deal.
The warm up act was the pop country achy breaky heart **** and I almost
left. I was pleasantly surprised that Shooter was as much an outlaw to
the current C&W scene as his old man.

Hank Williams III surprised me too. He can sound like his grandfather
when he puts his mind to it but he also has a punk/metal side that's
refreshing.