Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman[_2_] rbowman[_2_] is offline

Default Clinton announces 2016 White House bid

On 04/18/2015 08:42 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
n the larger servers, nic virtualization is quite good. Most modern
higher-end NIC's support the PCI Express Single Root I/O Virtualization
specification. This allows the hypervisor to grant guest direct access
to the NIC (without interfering with other guests or the hypervisor
itself) using virtual PCI Express functions.

This specifically is KVM on a CentOS host with Server 2012 guests. It
probably can be tuned up but the care and feeding of VMs isn't where our
expertise lies. Xen/Server 2008 appeared to do a better job but at the
time Xen/Server 2012 had its i/o problems too.

It's been a learning experience but this old dog's patience for new
tricks is wearing thin. I can't wait to see what oddities windows 10
will introduce.