Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Avast fraud

On 25 Aug 2014, Oren wrote in alt.home.repair:

You libs don't know what pulled pork is, do you?

Easy on the bait, bunky. You don't want to choke yourself, do you?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 25 Aug 2014 16:34:33 -0400, Nil
wrote:

On 25 Aug 2014, Oren wrote in alt.home.repair:

You libs don't know what pulled pork is, do you?

Easy on the bait, bunky. You don't want to choke yourself, do you?

What bait? You are the only one that says that real BBQ pork has to
be sliced and not pulled. Even saying BBQ is only pork!!

I'll debate it with you until the cows come home. IOW, you have no
clue. One way or the other.
--
you libs
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, August 25, 2014 10:50:57 AM UTC-7, Nil wrote:
On 25 Aug 2014, trader_4 wrote in

ant,

I think she's barking up the wrong tree, too, but it's obvious that

you're trying to nurse your continuing grudge against her by bringing

it into unrelated threads.

Thanks, but I got it covered. Forwarded pertinent posts to distant cousin-in-law, PI with specialization in Internet crime.

Response: "Hey, ****-for-brains (after all, we are family g) what do you expect, hanging out with crazies! Stop forwarding their ****! If any actual threat, physical or otherwise, THEN I go after perps; easy to find.

Uh, oh! Got my head handed to me. Deserved it. Can find repair info on-line.

Ave atque vale.

HB

Posted to alt.home.repair

Higgs Boson wrote:
[...]

just like your beef with Avast, you truly are clueless and
NO CRIME has been commited.
Just like your cousin told you and obviously knows you're a
whack job,too
chuckle
Ya just can't fix stupid!!!
No matter how long you search the internet

Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

LMAO. You don't get it.

Tell you what. Post the phone number and e-mail address you sent for
support. Post it here so "I" can see it.

You can't tell us the problems with the computer, so you expect to
beat Avast in court. Do you even know how to file a smalls claims in
court? You have stated they are frauds. They will eat your lunch in
court with a counter claim.

What the hell do you expect in court when you cannot answer basic,
simplistic questions here. Tell US what standing you would have in
court. Tell me the date, so I can watch the Judge kick your ass to
the curb. You don't even have a freakin' case. You'll not recover
anything - period.

All you are doing is trolling and PLAYING a goddamn victim. Everything
you post, in all threads, is that you have been violated or cannot
stand up for yourself. Can't figure out simple things or you never
tell us details of the events.

No wonder you can't get a man to **** you real good. It is against the
law to have sexual intercourse with an idiot!

Higgy in a nut(shell)... I am beginning to wonder if this is Stumpies evil
twin.

Ok Oren, calm, calm, find your happy place*

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

On Sat, 23 Aug 2014 11:02:05 -0700 (PDT), Higgs Boson
wrote:

Anybody need AVAST activated? LMAO! What a hoot.

Didn't see it. Don't think I was there. Here's license for anti-virus I originally bought.

#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# AVAST Software License File: 104432106
# DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE - ANY CHANGES WILL INVALIDATE THE LICENSE!
#
# Thank you for your purchase/trial of AVAST Software products.
#
# Should you have any questions about this file,
# please write to .
#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Certificates]

#
# License file publisher
#
IssuedBy=AVAST Software a.s.

#
# Customer name (license holder)
#
CustomerName=Sara Meric

#
# Customer number
#
CustomerNumber=104432106

#
# Name of customer company
#
CustomerCompany=

#
# Number of licensed products (covered by this file)
#
CertificateCount=1

#
# Section for licensed product 1
#
[Certificate0]

#
# Name of product: avast! Internet Security
#
Feature=AV_AIS

#
# License creation date: Dec 25, 2013
#
Issued=1387934756

#
# License expiry date: never expires
#
ValidThru=0

#
# Update license expiry date: Dec 25, 2014
#
UpdateValidThru=1419470756

#
# Number of licensed items
#
LicenseCount=1

I was thinking... what a dufus... Let's all call Avast and complain with
different problems. My mouse is running hot. My keyboard has this funny
white powder in it. My computer runs too fast. The power is out and my
computer doesn't work. If I clean my screen will I get rid of the bugs?
--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/25/2014 05:19 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 8/25/2014 8:14 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

# AVAST Software License File: 104432106
# DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE - ANY CHANGES WILL INVALIDATE THE LICENSE!
#
# Thank you for your purchase/trial of AVAST Software products.
#
# Should you have any questions about this file,
# please write to .
#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was thinking... what a dufus... Let's all call Avast and complain with
different problems. My mouse is running hot. My keyboard has this funny
white powder in it. My computer runs too fast. The power is out and my
computer doesn't work. If I clean my screen will I get rid of the bugs?

I washed my key board in the dish washer, and now it
doesn't work. I broke the slide out cup holder. The
picture is the wrong size for the screen. How do I
get this internet stuff? I need to get connected
to some thing.

Hope cousin Sara will forgive me telling about her
questions to me.

Actual call. I had a lady call and ask if her monitor was
dead. She had placed one of her potted plants on top of it.
Yup, she watered it. When she saw water had leaked all through
her monitor, she turned on her monitor to see it it still
worked. Stink and smoke time.

Had she let it dry out first, it may have still worked.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/25/2014 04:22 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Hey,
thanks so much for offering to buy me a beer after
the round, but Mormons don't drink alcohol. Make it
a diet coke, and I'll buy the next round.

Hi Stormin'

That would be an interesting negotiation!

I don't drink (or use any drugs, legal or otherwise)
and you are a Mormon, so beer is out.

I am diabetic so regular coke is out. (Beer too,
if I drank.)

I am suppose to be respectful of other's religions
and you being a Mormon, things with caffeine are
out. So no diet coke, coffee, or tea,

I am Primal so chemistry set food, like diet coke
(excytoxins) are out.

Coffee gives me a belly ache and you can't drink it
anyway.

Tea is good for my Diabetes, but the being respectful thing
and the caffeine thing again.

There is always sparkling mineral water, but you
may never speak to me again, or mistake me for a
liberal.

There is mint tea, but you might mistake me for a Muslim.

Ah, but there something we can both share together
that is good for both of us. Named after a prophet
of yours too. A cup of Ephedra Viridis tea, also
known as Brigham Tea. Good for hay fever.

http://www.herballegacy.com/Brigham_Tea.html

I wouldn't sneeze and you would feel a connection
with your history. It would work.

We could use it to wash down some barbecued
seal meat.

:-)

-T

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Avast fraud (I'll drink to that!)

On 8/26/2014 3:19 PM, Todd wrote:
[...]

I'd not heard of Brigham tea. Have to take a
look at that some day. Caffeine is not restricted,
in colas. I've asked several church leaders over
the years. Coffee and tea are prohibited, colas
are personal choice.

We don't need to both drink the same beverage.
No requirement that we have the same choice. At
least, not by me.

Seal meat should be medium well, for me. Bit of A-1
steak sauce, and baked potatoes with butter and
lactaid.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Avast fraud or computer repair

On 8/26/2014 3:00 PM, Todd wrote:
Actual call. I had a lady call and ask if her monitor was
dead. She had placed one of her potted plants on top of it.
Yup, she watered it. When she saw water had leaked all through
her monitor, she turned on her monitor to see it it still
worked. Stink and smoke time.

Had she let it dry out first, it may have still worked.

You do computer tech support? Sounds challenging.
I've done a very tiny bit of computer repair,
but nothing like that.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/26/2014 12:34 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 8/26/2014 3:19 PM, Todd wrote:
[...]

Hi Stormin',

I see that over on
http://mormonrules.com/mormon-rules-health/no-caffeine
You are just suppose to avoid anything addictive and it
is a guideline, not a hard and fast "thou shalt not" rule.

By the way, the excytotoxins in diet soda (aspartame)
are nasty addictive. Be careful.

We don't need to both drink the same beverage.
No requirement that we have the same choice. At
least, not by me.

Seal meat should be medium well, for me. Bit of A-1
steak sauce, and baked potatoes with butter and
lactaid.

It is a deal! We'll sub grazed eggplant and zucchini
on the grill for me instead of potato. Medium well
works perfectly for me! BUTTER MAKES ME HAPPY!

:-)

-T

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/26/2014 12:35 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 8/26/2014 3:00 PM, Todd wrote:
Actual call. I had a lady call and ask if her monitor was
dead. She had placed one of her potted plants on top of it.
Yup, she watered it. When she saw water had leaked all through
her monitor, she turned on her monitor to see it it still
worked. Stink and smoke time.

Had she let it dry out first, it may have still worked.

You do computer tech support? Sounds challenging.
I've done a very tiny bit of computer repair,
but nothing like that.

I have my own computer consulting firm. Never
a dull moment.

Started doing credit card security (PCI) consulting.
Oh my goodness the criminality out there. I now
pay cash as much as I can.

Also, don't use Windows, if you can avoid it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/26/2014 3:00 PM, Todd wrote:
Actual call. I had a lady call and ask if her monitor was
dead. She had placed one of her potted plants on top of it.
Yup, she watered it. When she saw water had leaked all through
her monitor, she turned on her monitor to see it it still
worked. Stink and smoke time.

Had she let it dry out first, it may have still worked.

You do computer tech support? Sounds challenging.
I've done a very tiny bit of computer repair,
but nothing like that.

I have my own computer consulting firm. Never
a dull moment.

Started doing credit card security (PCI) consulting.
Oh my goodness the criminality out there. I now
pay cash as much as I can.

Also, don't use Windows, if you can avoid it.

I used too goof on the guys at work. Brand new rookie lieutenants.

- bust their case for using White-Out on the screen - "why don't you
use the spell checker?" (WordPerfect v 4.x)

- had a "siren.bat" file I called in autoexec.bat. Going off duty I'd
hang around long enough for them to hit just one key. The siren would
blast and eyes lit up g

Oh the memories....
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Avast fraud or computer repair - cartoon

On Tue, 26 Aug 2014 22:12:27 -0700, Todd wrote:

Oh the memories....

Hysterical!

http://www.stargazersrealm.com/MAIN/funnies/images/backup.jpg
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/26/2014 3:58 PM, Todd wrote:
Hi Stormin',

I see that over on
http://mormonrules.com/mormon-rules-health/no-caffeine
You are just suppose to avoid anything addictive and it
is a guideline, not a hard and fast "thou shalt not" rule.

By the way, the excytotoxins in diet soda (aspartame)
are nasty addictive. Be careful.

One thing I've noticed about Christians of all
stripe is the ability to discuss things to the
point of exhaustion. Jews are actually better
at this, endless discussion. I've had a lot of
folks attempt to get me to discuss (for hours on
end) what this or that interpretation of this or
that means. Caffeine, Sabbath breaking, do you
tithe on net or gross, and the list goes on.

Mormons do the same. I've had people to draw me
into this or that conversation about this or that.
Just cause it's on a web site that says Mormon,
doesn't necessarily speak for the church.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/27/2014 07:27 AM, Oren wrote:
On Tue, 26 Aug 2014 22:12:27 -0700, Todd wrote:

Oh the memories....

Hysterical!

http://www.stargazersrealm.com/MAIN/funnies/images/backup.jpg

Hi Oren,

Still laughing!

Apropos, as I have to be careful what and when I recommend
to customers as I don't feel like taking abuse for telling
them to get back their s*** up or to get a UPS power
supply, or to get a real anti virus. I am just trying to
sell them unnecessary services, you know.

-T
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Todd" wrote in message

Speaking of soda, do you have a Mexican market in
your parts? They sell Mexican Coco-cola. It is
sweetened with cane sugar and comes in a GLASS bottle.
I hear it is a real treat. I will have to live vicariously
through you.

A bit of trivia for you...

Mexico has the highest per capita consumption of Coca Cola in the world
(when I lived there 20 years ago at least). That consumption was 285
bottles per person per year. EVERY person...young, old...285 for each.

And on top of Coke, there was Pepsi, 7-Up etc. plus many Mexican soft
drink brands such as Penafiel. Plus beer. Rivers of beer.

The bottles were glass and they were reused. Many, many times...some of
the bottles looked like they had been rolling around on a beach for a few
years.

Price varied...in a restaurant on the main plaza in Veracruz, a bottle was
about $0.80, about the same as beer or a lechero (cafe con leche) (this
was 20 years ago). I have also bought bottles for $0.05 from small stores
in the hinterlands. Is there profit in Coke? Oh, my...

--

dadiOH
____________________________

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/27/2014 02:19 PM, Todd wrote:

Speaking of soda, do you have a Mexican market in
your parts? They sell Mexican Coco-cola. It is
sweetened with cane sugar and comes in a GLASS bottle.
I hear it is a real treat.

That why you white trash honkys bees so fat.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...-people-897531
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/27/2014 2:19 PM, Todd wrote:
Hi Stormin',

When I said "be careful", I meant of your health,
not your faith.

It is fun to learn about other. But, sometimes
I do think the endless talking is a legalism to get
around the spirit of the teaching. Words, instead
of acts. Mormons are good about transforming
their words into acts, as anyone at a natural
disaster an testify.

In my church, we are very careful to say what is
a "tenant of faith" and what is a personal
belief. The Shroud of Turin, for instance.
How the Lord created the Universe, would be
another.

Speaking of soda, do you have a Mexican market in
your parts? They sell Mexican Coco-cola. It is
sweetened with cane sugar and comes in a GLASS bottle.
I hear it is a real treat. I will have to live vicariously
through you.

-T

Not sure about the Mexican Coke. Sounds like a
treat. When they changed the formula, lost a lot
of the old character.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

At the Target store in Naperville, IL, on the Rt 59 west side, not the north side, I saw Vanilla Pepsi made with Real Sugar on a special sale. Never seen Pepsi with either of those before.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/27/2014 09:28 PM, wrote:
At the Target store in Naperville, IL, on the Rt 59 west side, not the north side, I saw Vanilla Pepsi made with Real Sugar on a special sale. Never seen Pepsi with either of those before.

In east Texas, I often see "Throwback Pepsi" that is made with sugar.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

"My faith is strong I don't need proofs, but every time a new fact comes
along it simply confirms my faith." Palmer Joss in Carl Sagan's Contact
(New York: Pocket Books, 1985), p. 172.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/19/2014 9:40 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:
Does anyone know of an "ombudsman" type of person or site where I could upload my problems with Avast.

They sold me a policy to "fix anything wrong on computer".

Falling for that is something that I would associate with a 24 year old
high schooler.

Some of those software "remedy" outfits are based in locales from which
a lot of viruses/malware originate.....

Backup your files to an online storage place, or at least to a separate
hard drive, do a re-partition/format of your o/s HD, do a re-install,
install a good anti-virus program (maybe your ISP even furnishes one
free), and stay away from this "repair" crap.

If you want to avoid a lot of the problems associated with the junk the
MS monopoly has generated, consider switching over to Ubuntu o/s (a type
of linux). It's free and comes with word processor, spreadsheet, email
program, all kinds of free stuff.

Not only do their techs not know their *** from their elbow, but their
hours and hours of unsuccessful efforts have ****ed up my computer so
badly I have lost valuable programs and documents.

They do not answer Certified Mail and emails, so it looks like they are blowing me off. Maybe if some entity more powerful than Consumer Sucker leans on them?

I understand such "ombudsman" or whatever you call them, do exist, so maybe you resourceful people can direct me.

TIA

HB

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 28 Aug 2014 18:00:37 -0600, DaveT wrote:

If you want to avoid a lot of the problems associated with the junk the
MS monopoly has generated, consider switching over to Ubuntu o/s (a type
of linux). It's free and comes with word processor, spreadsheet, email
program, all kinds of free stuff.

Great. Sara can't run Win 7 with any degree of confidence so now you
suggest Linux? Sounds like a fart in a space suite to me.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/28/2014 7:04 PM, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 28 Aug 2014 18:00:37 -0600, DaveT wrote:

If you want to avoid a lot of the problems associated with the junk the
MS monopoly has generated, consider switching over to Ubuntu o/s (a type
of linux). It's free and comes with word processor, spreadsheet, email
program, all kinds of free stuff.

Great. Sara can't run Win 7 with any degree of confidence so now you
suggest Linux?
Sounds like a fart in a space suite to me.

You'd know more about that than I would, but Ubuntu has a graphic
interface that's easy to learn.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/27/2014 01:03 PM, dadiOH wrote:
"Todd" wrote in message

[...]

Hi Pops,

Did you remember to check for a worm in the bottom of the
bottle? Oooopps, wrong drink. :-[

Fascinating statistics. Thank you for sharing.

I have "heard" (note the "weasel" word) that Mexican Coke
is the old formula.

-T

The extent "some people" (not me) will go trough to
make conversation (worm at the bottom).
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/28/2014 06:04 PM, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 28 Aug 2014 18:00:37 -0600, DaveT wrote:

If you want to avoid a lot of the problems associated with the junk the
MS monopoly has generated, consider switching over to Ubuntu o/s (a type
of linux). It's free and comes with word processor, spreadsheet, email
program, all kinds of free stuff.

Great. Sara can't run Win 7 with any degree of confidence so now you
suggest Linux? Sounds like a fart in a space suite to me.

Hi Oren,

Linux has gotten a lot easier lately. Arguably as easy
as Windows 7 and certainly far easier than Windows Frankenstein (Windows
8). But, a rubic cube is easier that Windows
Frankenstein -- certainly requires less swearing.

-T
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 29 Aug 2014 11:52:29 -0700, Todd wrote:

On 08/28/2014 06:04 PM, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 28 Aug 2014 18:00:37 -0600, DaveT wrote:

If you want to avoid a lot of the problems associated with the junk the
MS monopoly has generated, consider switching over to Ubuntu o/s (a type
of linux). It's free and comes with word processor, spreadsheet, email
program, all kinds of free stuff.

Great. Sara can't run Win 7 with any degree of confidence so now you
suggest Linux? Sounds like a fart in a space suite to me.

Hi Oren,

Linux has gotten a lot easier lately. Arguably as easy
as Windows 7 and certainly far easier than Windows Frankenstein (Windows
8). But, a rubic cube is easier that Windows
Frankenstein -- certainly requires less swearing.

-T

That's just great. Sara will come here for tech support. Oh no! G

(PS: Harry Reid talked about the Nevada Indians,"my Indians" he
refereed to them)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/29/2014 01:05 PM, Oren wrote:

That's just great. Sara will come here for tech support. Oh no! G

She can always go to comp.os.linux.misc. Bunch of
nice guys there. Plus there are lots of forums. But,
she may like us better. There is no accounting for taste.

Harry Reid talked about the Nevada Indians,"my Indians" he
refereed to them

Oh my goodness. You mean the ones he lets the BLM squat
on their land and then turns around and charges them
for managing sovereign INDIAN LAND! What a hypocrite!

Maybe he should arrange one of his shady BLM land deals
for "his" Indians? Make they filthy stinkin' rich too!
What a swine.

Maybe he could call himself nevada's first Indian Senator.
(Gag!)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 29 Aug 2014 13:44:11 -0700, Todd wrote:

On 08/29/2014 01:05 PM, Oren wrote:

That's just great. Sara will come here for tech support. Oh no! G

She can always go to comp.os.linux.misc. Bunch of
nice guys there. Plus there are lots of forums. But,
she may like us better. There is no accounting for taste.

Just guessing but will they welcome her with open arms? It should be a
real hoot.

Harry Reid talked about the Nevada Indians,"my Indians" he
refereed to them

Oh my goodness. You mean the ones he lets the BLM squat
on their land and then turns around and charges them
for managing sovereign INDIAN LAND! What a hypocrite!

Maybe he should arrange one of his shady BLM land deals
for "his" Indians? Make they filthy stinkin' rich too!
What a swine.

Maybe he could call himself nevada's first Indian Senator.
(Gag!)

Harry has already committed A Vast Fraud on Nevada.

....if we make it through September G A "you lib", the other day said
the Senate may gain up to ten seats for Republicans or five.

I'll take the 10 ... Six will do.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/29/2014 02:08 PM, Oren wrote:
I'll take the 10 ... Six will do.

I don't know. Did you subtract the RINOs from
the equation?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 29 Aug 2014 16:12:17 -0700, Todd wrote:

On 08/29/2014 02:08 PM, Oren wrote:
I'll take the 10 ... Six will do.

I don't know. Did you subtract the RINOs from
the equation?

(...maybe one, I forget)

Check this out :-\

https://tinyurl.com/pnamqxw
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/30/2014 06:31 AM, Oren wrote:
On Fri, 29 Aug 2014 16:12:17 -0700, Todd wrote:

On 08/29/2014 02:08 PM, Oren wrote:
I'll take the 10 ... Six will do.

I don't know. Did you subtract the RINOs from
the equation?

(...maybe one, I forget)

Check this out :-\

https://tinyurl.com/pnamqxw

Chuckle.

I saw the Fox News piece on it. Seems the center stopped
getting contributions when they put the guys name on
the building.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 22 Aug 2014 09:42:19 -0700 (PDT), Higgs Boson
wrote:

2. On a call to Avast, a salesman-type sold me a "policy" by which for $179/year Avast would "fix ANYTHING that went wrong with the computer.". Well, being naive, I bought it. Tried them once; they didn't fix (minor) problem, but after tying me up for an hour with "chat" at computer, they did a System Restore -- which I could have done myself -- and lost data.

Aha, finally you cleared things up. If you called an official
Avast number it's on them. If you accepted a random phone call it's on
you.
Avast should never offer a service they can't back up,
financially, if necessary. Do you have the number you called ? Is it,
or was it on the Avast page ?
If it is, save a copy of the page pronto. Also phone and
financial records. Evidence.
If it was an incoming unverified phone call, it's a scam.
Nothing you can do about it:

http://blog.emsisoft.com/2014/08/29/...curity-expert/
HTH
[]'s