Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Avast fraud (I'll drink to that!)

"Todd" wrote in message

Speaking of soda, do you have a Mexican market in
your parts? They sell Mexican Coco-cola. It is
sweetened with cane sugar and comes in a GLASS bottle.
I hear it is a real treat. I will have to live vicariously
through you.

A bit of trivia for you...

Mexico has the highest per capita consumption of Coca Cola in the world
(when I lived there 20 years ago at least). That consumption was 285
bottles per person per year. EVERY person...young, old...285 for each.

And on top of Coke, there was Pepsi, 7-Up etc. plus many Mexican soft
drink brands such as Penafiel. Plus beer. Rivers of beer.

The bottles were glass and they were reused. Many, many times...some of
the bottles looked like they had been rolling around on a beach for a few
years.

Price varied...in a restaurant on the main plaza in Veracruz, a bottle was
about $0.80, about the same as beer or a lechero (cafe con leche) (this
was 20 years ago). I have also bought bottles for $0.05 from small stores
in the hinterlands. Is there profit in Coke? Oh, my...

--

dadiOH