Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Another pressure tank question

On Wednesday, August 6, 2014 11:59:04 AM UTC-7, Harry K wrote:

Oops forgot to explain why I didn't just undo the conduit inside the box. That was the main reason I changed it. that fitting was one I had never seen before. It came down right angle into the box with one of those access covers used to work the wires around the 90 degree. The fastener in the box was a male that screwed into a female on the fitting. Fit almost flush and had two little 'tits' to use a screwdriver on. One was busted, the other in a position I couldn't get at. I finally just cut the conduit and wire, removed the switch and put it on a plug.

Then there is the problem that all that screwing around is done on the knees and at 80 that is not a position I like. No more knee work for me on that problem.

Harry K
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Harry K" wrote in message
On Wednesday, August 6, 2014 8:27:38 AM UTC-7, Pico Rico wrote:
"trader_4" wrote in message

Wiring a pressure switch in using a cord and plug would also seem
to be a violation of NEC. I wonder how ofter he changes his switches?

it also seems to be more work than just doing it right.

Really? Uplug, unscrew the switch do whatever and then reverse the
procedure.

Pull cover, remove three leads from terminals. Now work the whire that is
in conduit through that 90" el. on side of the switch...

I'll call you next time it needs doing and you can demonstrate.

yeah, that won't be necessary. I just do it the right way and don't have to
worry about a bunch of dangling wires. But I think you were arguing with me
agreeing with you (not sure).