Posted to alt.home.repair

Default water tank pressure is gaining air pressure

Home Handyman
-------------------------------------

Hope this is the right place to add this article.

I have a 3 year old water tank in a home that has a well. Problem is the
air in the bladder is increasing. Not sure how that can happen. But it
does. I have drain the tank of water and adjusted the air pressure to 2
psi lower the kickon setting. Which is (40 PSI) As recommended. And in
about 2 weeks or a month after the pump starts running right when the
toliet flushes, etc. So then after I drain the water from the system and
the tank, I put my pressure gauge on the valve on the tank. and it reads
60 psi. This is with the drain valve open. I then relieve the air back to
38 PSI start the water again again and every thing works great again. I
do have an air-ation system which cleans the iron out of my water. This
draws air in while the pump runs and works with the mineral tank. I need
some good advice PLEASE!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

"grick8" wrote in message
om...

Home Handyman
-------------------------------------

[...]

Pump systems without an air bladder use a small air bleed on the pump inlet
to supply a small amount of air to the tank along with the water. They use a
float valve to bleed excess air out of the tank when needed. It may be
possible for you to adapt such a valve to your tank.

However, I do not see how air in the water gets into the air side of the
bladder unless the bladder is leaking.

Don Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

grick8 had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...re-285649-.htm
:
Good one.. I'm still laughing..
Home Handyman
-------------------------------------
wrote:

On 03 Feb 2008 00:42:28 GMT,
(grick8)
wrote:

Home Handyman
-------------------------------------

[...]

Delivered via
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/

Take the bicycle tire pump away from your children.

Posted to alt.home.repair

grick8 had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...re-285645-.htm
:
Well the tanks says it is a 36 gallon diaphragm. If it is leaking
wouldn't water come out of the air bladder valve? Thanks for your
suggestions.

Home Handyman
-------------------------------------
Don Young wrote:

"grick8" wrote in
message
om...

Home Handyman
-------------------------------------

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 2, 6:42 pm, (grick8) wrote:
[...]
I have a 3 year old water tank in a home that has a well. Problem is the
air in the bladder is increasing. Not sure how that can happen. But it
does. I have drain the tank of water and adjusted the air pressure to 2
psi lower the kickon setting. Which is (40 PSI) As recommended. And in
about 2 weeks or a month after the pump starts running right when the
toliet flushes, etc. So then after I drain the water from the system and
the tank, I put my pressure gauge on the valve on the tank. and it reads
60 psi. This is with the drain valve open. I then relieve the air back to
38 PSI start the water again again and every thing works great again. I
do have an air-ation system which cleans the iron out of my water. This
draws air in while the pump runs and works with the mineral tank. I need
some good advice PLEASE!!!

Must be a leaky bladder combined with that aeration system.

Water Storage Tank - Plumbing the Pump & Pressure Tank Scott Townsend Home Repair 13 September 28th 15 05:17 AM
Hot Water Tank Lost Pressure [email protected] Home Repair 6 January 18th 08 07:56 AM
water pressure tank John P Reber Home Repair 7 August 18th 05 02:50 AM
Tank Water Pressure Sparks UK diy 3 March 22nd 05 02:24 PM
HELP: Well Water Pressure Tank PSI? Lucas Tam Home Repair 12 December 27th 04 03:56 AM