Posted to alt.home.repair
Davej Davej is offline

Default water tank pressure is gaining air pressure

On Feb 2, 6:42 pm, (grick8) wrote:
[...]
I have a 3 year old water tank in a home that has a well. Problem is the
air in the bladder is increasing. Not sure how that can happen. But it
does. I have drain the tank of water and adjusted the air pressure to 2
psi lower the kickon setting. Which is (40 PSI) As recommended. And in
about 2 weeks or a month after the pump starts running right when the
toliet flushes, etc. So then after I drain the water from the system and
the tank, I put my pressure gauge on the valve on the tank. and it reads
60 psi. This is with the drain valve open. I then relieve the air back to
38 PSI start the water again again and every thing works great again. I
do have an air-ation system which cleans the iron out of my water. This
draws air in while the pump runs and works with the mineral tank. I need
some good advice PLEASE!!!

Must be a leaky bladder combined with that aeration system.