Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT, I Never Knew

Ya know, if you stop learning, you die. I learn something new every day
and I have always enjoyed discovering and learning new things. There is
no way one person can know everything and those who claim they know
everything really irritate those of us who do. I've always read
everything I could get my hands on and if the Interweb had existed when
I was a kid, I would be Dr.Evil and ruling the world by now. I just came
across something that I never knew existed and it made go WTF, you
have to be kidding me. After thinking about it, it made sense in a way.
So take a look at something I found that I never knew existed. ^_^

http://www.amazon.com/Volta-31-56003...n+Watch+Winder

http://preview.tinyurl.com/m3p3mzv

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/26/2014 8:37 AM, philo wrote:
Ya know, if you stop learning, you die. I learn something new every
day and I have always enjoyed discovering and learning new things.
There is no way one person can know everything and those who claim
they know everything really irritate those of us who do. I've
always read everything I could get my hands on and if the Interweb
had existed when I was a kid, I would be Dr.Evil and ruling the
world by now. I just came across something that I never knew
existed and it made go WTF, you have to be kidding me. After
thinking about it, it made sense in a way. So take a look at
something I found that I never knew existed. ^_^

http://www.amazon.com/Volta-31-56003...n+Watch+Winder

http://preview.tinyurl.com/m3p3mzv

TDD

WTF?

That was my reaction, especially after I saw the price. o_O

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

A different brand but for the dude that almost everything I suppose,
maybe a handicapped person?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Boy-28Zv7yE

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/26/2014 1:14 PM, Fat-Dumb and Happy wrote:
A different brand but for the dude that almost everything I suppose,
maybe a handicapped person?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Boy-28Zv7yE

When I first saw the things, I thought that it must be a way for a
jeweler or watch shop to display watches and have them working for their
customers to examine. After watching the video, it became apparent that
anyone with enough money to collect expensive watches wouldn't think
twice about dropping a huge chunk of cash on a gizmo to wind their
watches. I saw an interview with John Mayer in which he revealed he was
an avid watch collector and I would think he would own one or more watch
winders. ^_^

Oh yea, I believe I've stumbled upon a good product to custom build for
for folks with lots of disposable income. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message
Ya know, if you stop learning, you die. I learn something new every day
and I have always enjoyed discovering and learning new things. There is
no way one person can know everything and those who claim they know
everything really irritate those of us who do. I've always read
everything I could get my hands on and if the Interweb had existed when
I was a kid, I would be Dr.Evil and ruling the world by now. I just came
across something that I never knew existed and it made go WTF, you
have to be kidding me. After thinking about it, it made sense in a way.
So take a look at something I found that I never knew existed. ^_^

http://www.amazon.com/Volta-31-56003...n+Watch+Winder

http://preview.tinyurl.com/m3p3mzv

TDD

Detective Goren knew about these. I guess you don't pay close attention
when you watch Law and Order?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ya know, if you stop learning, you die. I learn something new every day

So take a look at something I found that I never knew existed. ^_^

http://www.amazon.com/Volta-31-56003...n+Watch+Winder

http://preview.tinyurl.com/m3p3mzv

TDD

When I was a kid, one of my Mom's favorite
wonders was the "colonial saran wrap dispenser".
--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/26/2014 3:13 PM, Pico Rico wrote:
"The Daring Dufas" wrote in
message ...
Ya know, if you stop learning, you die. I learn something new every
day and I have always enjoyed discovering and learning new things.
There is no way one person can know everything and those who claim
they know everything really irritate those of us who do. I've
always read everything I could get my hands on and if the Interweb
had existed when I was a kid, I would be Dr.Evil and ruling the
world by now. I just came across something that I never knew
existed and it made go WTF, you have to be kidding me. After
thinking about it, it made sense in a way. So take a look at
something I found that I never knew existed. ^_^

http://www.amazon.com/Volta-31-56003...n+Watch+Winder

http://preview.tinyurl.com/m3p3mzv

TDD

Detective Goren knew about these. I guess you don't pay close
attention when you watch Law and Order?

I've watched some of the episodes and think it's a good show but I don't
really follow any TV series as they come out since I watch it all on my
computer and usually watch a lot of older series that have episodes that
I missed. I'll watch all 5 years of a series from start to finish and
really enjoy watching TV on my own schedule. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ya know, if you stop learning, you die. I learn something new every day
and I have always enjoyed discovering and learning new things. There is
no way one person can know everything and those who claim they know
everything really irritate those of us who do. I've always read
everything I could get my hands on and if the Interweb had existed when
I was a kid, I would be Dr.Evil and ruling the world by now. I just came
across something that I never knew existed and it made go WTF, you
have to be kidding me. After thinking about it, it made sense in a way.
So take a look at something I found that I never knew existed. ^_^

http://www.amazon.com/Volta-31-56003...tion-Triple/dp
/B005OL6874/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1395829942&sr=8-1&keywords=Volta+31
-560031+Belleview+Collection+Triple+%283%29+Rustic+ Brown+Watch+Winder

http://preview.tinyurl.com/m3p3mzv

TDD

You have got to be kidding that you have never heard of or seen a watch
winder. Hell, I have had two for many many years...one for home and a
much smaller one (only holds two watches) for traveling.

Go go ebay.com and search for watch winder and you will see that they
definitely are not uncommon.

Don

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/26/2014 11:04 PM, IGot2P wrote:
[...]

Do you have a collection of watches? I don't and have never collected
them and have owned few watches throughout my life. One reason is that
my corrosive sweat has always eaten any metal I happened to have on me
and the only watch I've ever been able to wear is a divers watch with a
stainless steel back and plastic or ballistic nylon strap. My sweat
would still find its way into the push buttons of a divers watch and the
only ones that lasted for any length of time have been moderately
expensive ones. I have also never worn jewelery of any kind because even
the watches got in my way when I stuck my hand into something I was
working on and metal jewelry can be dangerous to have on while working
around energized electrical/electronic equipment. After looking at the
video of a fellow reviewing some watch winders, I realized that it's not
just watch sellers that would have them but the owners of multiple
watches who collected them or liked to wear a different watch on
different days. I get the time off my cellphone or pager which I've had
on my person for many years. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

I've watched some of the episodes and think it's a good show but I don't
really follow any TV series as they come out since I watch it all on my
computer and usually watch a lot of older series that have episodes that
I missed. I'll watch all 5 years of a series from start to finish and
really enjoy watching TV on my own schedule. ^_^

TDD

What shows do you like? Maybe we have some
in common we both like?

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

Pager? I didn't know anyone provided pager
service these days. I still own two, not sure
why. I ought find a paging company go give
em back. Seeing as how I went to cell phone.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/27/2014 7:31 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
[...]

I've had a pager since the 1970's and the same pager number since 1990
and it's the unchanging number everyone has had to get in touch with me.
I've had a dozen different POTS, cellphone and VoIP phone numbers over
the years but my pager number is something that can be called by someone
who hasn't called me in 15 years and still get in touch with me. My
pager is a digital one nowadays but a caller can not only punch in a
phone number but leave me a voice mail instead. I don't turn on one of
two cellphones I have unless I'm going to make a call or leave one of
them on for a specific reason. If I don't want to talk to anyone
immediately, I don't have to and I can access my voice mail from
anywhere in the world which I have done before, even BCP, Before Cell
Phone. I have two active VoIP numbers and don't have a designated one on
unless I'm going to use it since it's the number I will give out to
anyone who may share it with telemarketers or bill collectors. My VoIP
voice mail shows up as a wav file in my Email or I can access it by
phone. I always have the VoIP voice mails saved on The Web in
perpetuity. The one thing I don't have yet is one of those smart ass
phones but I do have a wireless data network dongle on the way so I can
use my PC on the road because some of the service organizations I help
JH with want pictures and documents uploaded to their web portal from a
job site. I'll be obtaining a portable document scanner for laptop use
soon for uploading the service tickets on the road. Anyway, here's a
link to the company which now owns the pager service I use. ^_^

http://www.usamobility.com/index.asp

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

Ya know, if you stop learning, you die. I learn something new every day
and I have always enjoyed discovering and learning new things. There is
no way one person can know everything and those who claim they know
everything really irritate those of us who do. I've always read
everything I could get my hands on and if the Interweb had existed when
I was a kid, I would be Dr.Evil and ruling the world by now. I just came
across something that I never knew existed and it made go WTF, you
have to be kidding me. After thinking about it, it made sense in a way.
So take a look at something I found that I never knew existed. ^_^

http://www.amazon.com/Volta-31-56003...n+Watch+Winder

http://preview.tinyurl.com/m3p3mzv

TDD

When I think of the term watch winding this does not come to mind. My
version is more like the people that I consider that strengthen their
forearms. 8-

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT, I Never Knew Show critque

Pico Rico posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

[...]

He was a fount of information. I considered the "Major Case" show the best
of the bunch. No scowling faces and editorializing. The new stuff from Dick
Wolf is C class - Chicago PD & Fire. I don't know if the speaker in my TV is
blown or I am so hard of hearing but I cannot understand what the "actors"
on the PD are saying. Many times I have to turn the closed captioning on.
The last cop show I really liked was Southland.

--
Tekkie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/27/2014 7:29 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I've watched some of the episodes and think it's a good show but I don't
really follow any TV series as they come out since I watch it all on my
computer and usually watch a lot of older series that have episodes that
I missed. I'll watch all 5 years of a series from start to finish and
really enjoy watching TV on my own schedule. ^_^

TDD

What shows do you like? Maybe we have some
in common we both like?

I've been a fan of SciFi since I was a kid but I also watched westerns,
Tarzan, The Little Rascals, any Warner Brothers cartoons and Japanese
monster movies. I also came across a puppet show I watched as a kid and
there were several of them like "Supercar" which I found on the web and
I HAD TO watch it. The stuff was funny to me as a kid and it's even
funnier now. In fact an R rated movie based on that genera has been made
in recent years and it's hysterically funny. I like good SciFi but I
love really bad SciFi and old Japanese monster movies. I remember
watching King Cong on our B/W TV and the station mistakenly broadcast a
version where Fay Wray's breasts were exposed and that one had me
rolling on the floor because even as a kid I knew "grownups" were
censoring content and someone had missed cutting that scene out. I've
been watching whole series on The Internet and the one I'm watching now
is "Buck Rodgers In The 25th Century" which ran for two seasons and 37
episodes from 1979 to 1981. That's the kind of old TV shows I'll watch
because they're so funny due to the props used that are supposed to be
futuristic. I watched the whole run of "Star Trek The Next Generation"
and if you watch closely you will notice that they're using touch
screens for control of the ship's systems and tablet computers. I
haven't been to a movie theater in years because I can't sit through a
movie, I must have a pause control. We have a 55" LED/LCD TV that I
rarely watch because my 23" monitors are adequate but I'm looking at 32"
TV/PC monitors right now and may soon get one. I did test my 11.5"
Chromebook that has a full sized HDMI port which I connected to the 55"
TV and YouTube videos with sound are amazing. My roommate is a big
sports fan and I'm going to setup the big TV so he can plug in his
laptop and watch the games from our Internet connection. Anyway, I can
post some links where I've found lots of TV shows and movies but you
need to know how to block the crap that comes off those sites. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 28 Mar 2014 04:29:10 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

I must have a pause control. We have a 55" LED/LCD TV that I
rarely watch because my 23" monitors are adequate but I'm looking at 32"
TV/PC monitors right now and may soon get one.

ACHMED SAVES AMERICA arrives on DVD and Blu-ray March 18th, and
premieres on CMT March 28th!:

It will be on television tonight.

Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTnaS8xKwS8

("I Keel You"!!)
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I must have a pause control. We have a 55" LED/LCD TV that I rarely
watch because my 23" monitors are adequate but I'm looking at 32"
TV/PC monitors right now and may soon get one.

ACHMED SAVES AMERICA arrives on DVD and Blu-ray March 18th, and
premieres on CMT March 28th!:

It will be on television tonight.

Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTnaS8xKwS8

("I Keel You"!!)

You may have guessed that I'm a big fan of Achmed? He's the most lovable
Islamic terrorist in the world. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

(sbipped)
[...]

I guess that you could say that I have a collection but I have never
thought of it that way. I have four different automatic (self winding)
watches that I wear at different times and to keep all of them at the
correct time I use a watch winder. Actually, if you only have one
automatic watch you really do not need a watch winder because it you
wind it somewhat tight at night it will still have the correct time in
the morning. If you have more than one and switch wearing them and don't
want to reset them you do need a watch winder.

BTW - the way to tell which type of watch a person is wearing (automatic
or battery) is to watch the second hand. On an automatic watch the
second hand will move smoothly while on a battery powered watch it will
jump each second.

Don

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 28 Mar 2014 12:38:18 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

ACHMED SAVES AMERICA arrives on DVD and Blu-ray March 18th, and
premieres on CMT March 28th!:

It will be on television tonight.

Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTnaS8xKwS8

("I Keel You"!!)

You may have guessed that I'm a big fan of Achmed? He's the most lovable
Islamic terrorist in the world. ^_^

TDD

If I tell you I have to "Keel You".

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/28/2014 1:57 PM, IGot2P wrote:
On 3/27/2014 1:41 AM, The Daring Dufas wrote: (sbipped)
[...]

My brother bought me a Seiko self winder in Japan when he graduated from
The Vietnam War. It was a very nice watch, it just wasn't tough enough
for me to wear. I think it was G-SHOCK dive watch that lasted the
longest on me but I destroy the darn things. It's been so long since I
owned a good watch and now that I can't really work anymore, I may be
able to wear a wrist watch without destroying it. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

ACHMED SAVES AMERICA arrives on DVD and Blu-ray March 18th, and
premieres on CMT March 28th!:

It will be on television tonight.

Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTnaS8xKwS8

("I Keel You"!!)

You may have guessed that I'm a big fan of Achmed? He's the most
lovable Islamic terrorist in the world. ^_^

TDD

If I tell you I have to "Keel You".

SILENCE!!! INFIDEL!!! _

Mohominid

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

ACHMED SAVES AMERICA arrives on DVD and Blu-ray March 18th, and
premieres on CMT March 28th!:

It will be on television tonight.

Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTnaS8xKwS8

("I Keel You"!!)

You may have guessed that I'm a big fan of Achmed? He's the most
lovable Islamic terrorist in the world. ^_^

TDD

If I tell you I have to "Keel You".

SILENCE!!! INFIDEL!!! _

Mohominid

Mess with me and I'll slip some pork into your beans.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

ACHMED SAVES AMERICA arrives on DVD and Blu-ray March 18th,
and premieres on CMT March 28th!:

It will be on television tonight.

Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTnaS8xKwS8

("I Keel You"!!)

You may have guessed that I'm a big fan of Achmed? He's the
most lovable Islamic terrorist in the world. ^_^

TDD

If I tell you I have to "Keel You".

SILENCE!!! INFIDEL!!! _

Mohominid

Mess with me and I'll slip some pork into your beans.

What a way to torture them. Have a scantily clad woman feed them pork
chops. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

ACHMED SAVES AMERICA arrives on DVD and Blu-ray March 18th,
and premieres on CMT March 28th!:

It will be on television tonight.

Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTnaS8xKwS8

("I Keel You"!!)

You may have guessed that I'm a big fan of Achmed? He's the
most lovable Islamic terrorist in the world. ^_^

TDD

If I tell you I have to "Keel You".

SILENCE!!! INFIDEL!!! _

Mohominid

Mess with me and I'll slip some pork into your beans.

What a way to torture them. Have a scantily clad woman feed them pork
chops. ^_^

TDD

Grease your bullets with pork fat. No torture involved.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

ACHMED SAVES AMERICA arrives on DVD and Blu-ray March
18th, and premieres on CMT March 28th!:

It will be on television tonight.

Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTnaS8xKwS8

("I Keel You"!!)

You may have guessed that I'm a big fan of Achmed? He's
the most lovable Islamic terrorist in the world. ^_^

TDD

If I tell you I have to "Keel You".

SILENCE!!! INFIDEL!!! _

Mohominid

Mess with me and I'll slip some pork into your beans.

What a way to torture them. Have a scantily clad woman feed them
pork chops. ^_^

TDD

Grease your bullets with pork fat. No torture involved.

I remember an old movie where the Muslim soldiers fighting for The
British were told in a rumor that the paper on the rifle cartridges was
impregnated with pork grease. It was supposed to keep them from loading
their guns. I wish I could remember the name of the movie. Perhaps I
could research it and find it. ^_^

TDD