Posted to rec.woodworking

Default I KNEW you' Merkans knew how to fix stuff:

In article ,
says...

On 4/26/2011 1:30 PM, J. Clarke wrote:
In ,
says...

On 4/26/2011 10:55 AM, Tim Daneliuk wrote:
On 4/26/2011 11:20 AM, Just Wondering said this:
On 4/26/2011 6:15 AM, HeyBub wrote:
Just Wondering wrote:

Atheism is not a religion. It is simply a belief in the nonexistence
of deity. As a belief, it is based on faith, something many atheists
are unwilling to admit. However, faith in the existence or
non-existence of a thing, without more, is not a religion.

Atheism denies the existence of God. Inasmuch as you can't prove a negative,
atheists just have to take God's nonexistence on faith.

Well, I think that sometimes it is possible to prove a negative, but I certainly agree that atheists take the nonexistence of God on faith.

Hence its status as a religion.

I'm not an atheist at all. But simply taking the nonexistence of deity
on faith does not make atheism a religion, any more than believing in
the heavenly father of Jesus as God, makes a Muslim a Christian.

No, it makes Muslims, Christians, and Atheists all religious though.

If you accept revealed truth you have a religion. Antitheists who call
themselves atheists accept the revealed truth that there is no deity.

What do you mean by "revealed truth"? As I understand it, an atheist
would not believe that any truth is "revealed".

Which is part of the problem. They don't understand that their
"knowing" that there is no deity is no different from any other prophet
"knowing" that there is a deity.