Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default RIP TMT, we hearly knew ye

On Wed, 23 Sep 2009 20:18:35 -0500, "Compact Adolescent"
wrote:

Somehow I thought TMT would go in the beginning of the Great Cull. Just goes
to show, what a waste.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...BlP6gD9AT92400

AP source: Census worker hanged with 'fed' on body
By DEVLIN BARRETT and JEFFREY McMURRAY (AP) - 3 hours ago

WASHINGTON - The FBI is investigating the hanging death of a U.S. Census
worker near a Kentucky cemetery, and a law enforcement official told The
Associated Press the word 'fed" was scrawled on the dead man's chest.

snip

This whole thing is scary, in part because I was a part-time census
worker in east KY about thirty years ago. Not in Clay county; a bit
south of there (gawd, I can't remember the county name!)

A few interesting experiences during the job. Talking to an 80-yr-old
great grandma; no teeth, brown dribbles down both sides of the mouth
from "takin snuff". A fellow who was proud of his knowledge of the
eleventy-nine different clog dances. A woman who wouldn't answer my
questions about "who lived next door" because she was afraid of
retribution. Then again, maybe that last one wasn't so farfetched,
considering.

Terry
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Terry wrote:

A woman who wouldn't answer my
questions about "who lived next door" because she was afraid of
retribution. Then again, maybe that last one wasn't so farfetched,
considering.

Maybe she didn't like strangers poking into her neighbors affairs.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller