Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT, I Never Knew

On 3/27/2014 7:31 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Do you have a collection of watches? I don't and have never
collected them and have owned few watches throughout my life. One
reason is that my corrosive sweat has always eaten any metal I
happened to have on me and the only watch I've ever been able to
wear is a divers watch with a stainless steel back and plastic or
ballistic nylon strap. My sweat would still find its way into the
push buttons of a divers watch and the only ones that lasted for
any length of time have been moderately expensive ones. I have also
never worn jewelery of any kind because even the watches got in my
way when I stuck my hand into something I was working on and metal
jewelry can be dangerous to have on while working around energized
electrical/electronic equipment. After looking at the video of a
fellow reviewing some watch winders, I realized that it's not just
watch sellers that would have them but the owners of multiple
watches who collected them or liked to wear a different watch on
different days. I get the time off my cellphone or pager which I've
had on my person for many years. ^_^

TDD

Pager? I didn't know anyone provided pager service these days. I
still own two, not sure why. I ought find a paging company go give em
back. Seeing as how I went to cell phone.

I've had a pager since the 1970's and the same pager number since 1990
and it's the unchanging number everyone has had to get in touch with me.
I've had a dozen different POTS, cellphone and VoIP phone numbers over
the years but my pager number is something that can be called by someone
who hasn't called me in 15 years and still get in touch with me. My
pager is a digital one nowadays but a caller can not only punch in a
phone number but leave me a voice mail instead. I don't turn on one of
two cellphones I have unless I'm going to make a call or leave one of
them on for a specific reason. If I don't want to talk to anyone
immediately, I don't have to and I can access my voice mail from
anywhere in the world which I have done before, even BCP, Before Cell
Phone. I have two active VoIP numbers and don't have a designated one on
unless I'm going to use it since it's the number I will give out to
anyone who may share it with telemarketers or bill collectors. My VoIP
voice mail shows up as a wav file in my Email or I can access it by
phone. I always have the VoIP voice mails saved on The Web in
perpetuity. The one thing I don't have yet is one of those smart ass
phones but I do have a wireless data network dongle on the way so I can
use my PC on the road because some of the service organizations I help
JH with want pictures and documents uploaded to their web portal from a
job site. I'll be obtaining a portable document scanner for laptop use
soon for uploading the service tickets on the road. Anyway, here's a
link to the company which now owns the pager service I use. ^_^

http://www.usamobility.com/index.asp

TDD