Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Big trucks w/crip plates

I live in a rural farm area where there are a lot of big pickup trucks like
this: http://sportscars2013.com/2013-dodge-ram-1500-pickup-truck/ and
many of them have "disabled" window-tags or plates because there are a lot
of old people around here driving them. My questions is: if you are so
cripped-up that you need a crip plate, then how can you climb up and down
into that thing?

Since this NG has a lot of old crips hanging around, I thought this would
be a good place to ask. Your not working so you have the time to answer.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Zaky Waky wrote:
I live in a rural farm area where there are a lot of big pickup trucks like
this: http://sportscars2013.com/2013-dodge-ram-1500-pickup-truck/ and
many of them have "disabled" window-tags or plates because there are a lot
of old people around here driving them. My questions is: if you are so
cripped-up that you need a crip plate, then how can you climb up and down
into that thing?

Since this NG has a lot of old crips hanging around, I thought this would
be a good place to ask. Your not working so you have the time to answer.

Hi,
I am not old by today's standard(just going on 74 this year. retired in
'96). I don't drive PU truck but I drive SUV. It is not easy to stoop
down to get in/out of a car but getting in/out of SUV is much easier.
This is the case at least for us. Wife's car is also smaller SUV than
mine. Obviously you are not old, are you?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Tony Hwang wrote:
Zaky Waky wrote:
[...]

Old or young he/she/it is a troll . Ignore it and it will eventually go
away .
--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Terry Coombs" wrote in
:

Tony Hwang wrote:
Zaky Waky wrote:
[...]

No, I'm really interested in the answer. I'm a young 45 but would have
minor trouble climbing in and out of one of those monsters. Whenever I see
them being driven by a 65+ year old 350+Lbs breathless wobbler, I wonder
how they get in and out.

OTOH, maybe the crip-plates they have are just a scam.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Per Zaky Waky:
My questions is: if you are so
cripped-up that you need a crip plate, then how can you climb up and down into that thing?

Ergonomics is one possibility. Not everybody is 5'8" tall and most
cars are optimized for wind tunnels instead of people.

I'm not in love with my F150 and I despised my Suburban.

But the alternatives were leaving oil stains on the headliner, spinal
cord injury in a minor accident, chronically sore knees from pressing
against the dashboard, having to drop into a full squat to get in or out
of the vehicle, banging one's head on the roof getting in, and having
the headlights from all those damn pickup trucks and SUVs hitting me at
eye level.

--
Pete Cresswell

Posted to alt.home.repair

Per Zaky Waky:
350+Lbs breathless wobbler, I wonder
how they get in and out.

Maybe with difficulty if they're average height - but if they're 350,
the extra room (including shoulder room) probably outweighs the
difficulty.

OTOH, maybe the crip-plates they have are just a scam.

I think there's quite a bit of that going around. In Philadelphia (PA,
USA) the city politicians were getting handicapped tags at one time.
Dunno if anybody's remedied that, but it's an obvious move for somebody
with no sense of shame.

Also not everybody with a handicapped tag is obviously crippled. Some
people can walk normally, but experience pain with every step and the
more steps they take, the more it hurts - and beyond a certain number of
steps, they're not going to get much sleep that night.

And I'm also guessing that there are people with severe pulmonary and/or
cardiovascular limitations that restrict the distance they can walk.

Bottom line, though, I suspect there are more phony handicapped tags out
there than most people would like.
--
Pete Cresswell
Posted to alt.home.repair

Zaky Waky wrote:
"Terry Coombs" wrote in
:

Tony Hwang wrote:
Zaky Waky wrote:
[...]

OK , I can see that . As Tony said , they can be easier to get in/out
compared to say a regular car . We see a lot of 4X4 trucks/SUVs around here
N.central Arkansas , on the Ozark Plateau but it seems the ones that are
lifted/modified/monster tired mostly belong to younger guys . And there's a
lot of handicap plates here as this area is a retirement destination .
4WD/AWD is almost a necessity around here , we couldn't get out of our
driveway in winter without it . And sometimes that ain't enough , my wife
slid on ice 3 1/2 weeks ago coming home in an ice storm and totalled her 4WD
SUV ... and she and I , for that matter learned to drive in snow country .
--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/1/2014 9:13 AM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Also not everybody with a handicapped tag is obviously crippled. Some
people can walk normally, but experience pain with every step and the
more steps they take, the more it hurts - and beyond a certain number of
steps, they're not going to get much sleep that night.

And I'm also guessing that there are people with severe pulmonary and/or
cardiovascular limitations that restrict the distance they can walk.

Bottom line, though, I suspect there are more phony handicapped tags out
there than most people would like.

Reminds me of a friend of my Dad's. This was twenty
or so years ago, when Dad and Vic were both alive.
Anyhow, Vic relates the conversation as he was sitting
in his big Ford passenger car (maybe a Crown Vic) in
a handicap spot, with handicap tag on the miror:

Passerby: You're not handicapped!
Vic: You consider a wooden leg a handicap?
Passerby: Uh, well, yes.
Vic: I got two of them.

(Vic had crashed a plane in world war two, and
lost both legs below the knee.)

In fairness, I've seen enough people with tags
get out, and nimbly walk in and out of stores.
--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 01 Feb 2014 09:13:46 -0500, "(PeteCresswell)"
wrote in

Bottom line, though, I suspect there are more phony handicapped tags out
there than most people would like.

That's been my impression for many years. The VAST majority of people
I see getting in/out of vehicles with handicapped plates or placards
have no apparent trouble walking that I can see. Nor do I notice any
signs of pain or discomfort when they walk.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/01/2014 01:44 AM, Zaky Waky wrote:
My questions is: if you are so
cripped-up that you need a crip plate, then how can you climb up and down
into that thing?

The problem is we have an epidemic of McHandicapped people. They have eaten so many McFatAss burgers they now have
trouble walking. They caused their own illness...and now the rest of us have to pay increased taxes to pay their
medical bills.

Think your taxes are too high? Thank a McFatAss!

From: http://www.cdc.gov/obesity/data/adult.html

Adult Obesity Facts
On this Page

Obesity is common, serious and costly
Obesity affects some groups more than others
Obesity and socioeconomic status
Obesity prevalence in 2012 varies across states and regions
The History of State Obesity Prevalence

Obesity is common, serious and costly

More than one-third of U.S. adults (35.7%) are obese.
Obesity-related conditions include heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes and certain types of cancer, some of the
leading causes of preventable death. [Read guidelinesExternal Web Site Icon]
The estimated annual medical cost of obesity in the U.S. was $147 billion in 2008 U.S. dollars; the medical costs
for people who are obese were $1,429 higher than those of normal weight. [Read summaryExternal Web Site Icon]

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/1/2014 9:07 AM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

But the alternatives were leaving oil stains on the headliner, spinal
cord injury in a minor accident, chronically sore knees from pressing
against the dashboard, having to drop into a full squat to get in or out
of the vehicle, banging one's head on the roof getting in, and having
the headlights from all those damn pickup trucks and SUVs hitting me at
eye level.

When my Dad was alive, he'd give me ride to the
repair garage in his Saturn. I have totally no
clue how people get in and out of those. My S-10
Blazer is about my size.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/1/2014 8:41 AM, Zaky Waky wrote:

No, I'm really interested in the answer. I'm a young 45 but would have
minor trouble climbing in and out of one of those monsters. Whenever I see
them being driven by a 65+ year old 350+Lbs breathless wobbler, I wonder
how they get in and out.

OTOH, maybe the crip-plates they have are just a scam.

So, you are not a troll, just a clueless jackass. You should join the
poster some time back that was offended by the handicapped sticker user
that had a Corvette.

Perhaps you should write your Congressman to introduce a bill that all
handicapped plate users can only drive a five year old Plymouth sedan
with fading paint.

Yes, some of the plates are abused, but most have conditions that make
it difficult to walk some distance, especially in extreme weather. I
imagine your attitude will change in about 20 years.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/1/2014 9:48 AM, CRNG wrote:

That's been my impression for many years. The VAST majority of people
I see getting in/out of vehicles with handicapped plates or placards
have no apparent trouble walking that I can see. Nor do I notice any
signs of pain or discomfort when they walk.

You should have been a doctor. Oh, you seem to be practicing medicine
anyway.

I don't have a HC plate and if you watched me walk to the store you'd
think I was just another guy. I've had knee surgery, injections, and
eventually will have replacements. Even though every step brings pain,
you see fit to judge me otherwise. I hope you never need an HC plate,
but there would be some justice to it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01 Feb 2014 06:44:34 GMT, Zaky Waky wrote:

I live in a rural farm area where there are a lot of big pickup trucks like
this: http://sportscars2013.com/2013-dodge-ram-1500-pickup-truck/ and
many of them have "disabled" window-tags or plates because there are a lot
of old people around here driving them. My questions is: if you are so
cripped-up that you need a crip plate, then how can you climb up and down
into that thing?

Those "crip plates" are not just for paraplegics.

Since this NG has a lot of old crips hanging around, I thought this would
be a good place to ask. Your not working so you have the time to answer.

This NG seems to have a lot of kid trolls, too.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 01 Feb 2014 09:45:56 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

[...]

I repeat, not all of those who qualify for "crip plates" are
paraplegic.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Per Bubba:
The problem is we have an epidemic of McHandicapped people. They have eaten so many McFatAss burgers they now have
trouble walking. They caused their own illness...and now the rest of us have to pay increased taxes to pay their
medical bills.

I'm about three-quarters of the way through a book titled "Fat Chance"
by Robert H. Lustig (Hudson Street Press).

The guy seems to have some serious credentials and the level of detail
in the book is part of the reason I'm only 3/4 of the way through it
after quite a few weeks.

My sound-byte-level take-away so far is that obesity:

- Is an almost world-wide epidemic and spreading

- Started in the 70's

- Is directly related the changed composition
of people's diet.

- Is, by-and-large, *not* a matter of willpower
or morality. Ignorance, yes, will power/morality, no.
--
Pete Cresswell
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Zaky Waky" wrote in message

I live in a rural farm area where there are a lot of big pickup trucks like
this: http://sportscars2013.com/2013-dodge-ram-1500-pickup-truck/ and
many of them have "disabled" window-tags or plates because there are a lot
of old people around here driving them. My questions is: if you are so
cripped-up that you need a crip plate, then how can you climb up and down
into that thing?

Since this NG has a lot of old crips hanging around, I thought this would
be a good place to ask. Your not working so you have the time to answer.

We have a crip tag that I can put on a mirror. Only use it if wife goes
along.
She is in great pain due to mutable injuries. She can barely get into a
wheel chair from the car.
Needs 90 % help at all times. Glad to have the tag. BUT I also see the miss
use when the people use disabled parking and jump out of those
jacked up trucks. I am old (86) but able to do most every thing. Like
motorcycling trail riding with the grand kids. WW

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 01 Feb 2014 09:13:09 -0800, Lab Lover wrote:

On Sat, 01 Feb 2014 12:02:35 -0500, wrote:

Those "crip plates" are not just for paraplegics.

No surprise that Illinois is cracking down on abusers of handicap parking
permits, especially when it cuts into their revenue! See:

http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/ward...238476421.html

No, it doesn't cut into their revenue. Going after them enhances it.
No issue with making any criminals pay (dearly) but I find people who
judge others, without information, to be offensive.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Those "crip plates" are not just for paraplegics.

No surprise that Illinois is cracking down on abusers of handicap parking
permits, especially when it cuts into their revenue! See:

http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/ward...238476421.html

No, it doesn't cut into their revenue. Going after them enhances it.
No issue with making any criminals pay (dearly) but I find people who
judge others, without information, to be offensive.

Prejudice is distasteful, I agree. Apparently, the state of Illinois believes
there is a loss of parking revenue due to those possessing handicap permits
parking in metered spots, for long periods of time, at no charge.

It might be logical to assess levels of disability and assign privileges on a
graduated basis. e.g., someone who suffers from borderline personality disorder
certainly has a disability, but should it entitle them to a handicap parking
permit on that basis alone?

From: http://www.cdc.gov/obesity/data/adult.html

Adult Obesity Facts
On this Page

Obesity is common, serious and costly
Obesity affects some groups more than others
Obesity and socioeconomic status
Obesity prevalence in 2012 varies across states and regions
The History of State Obesity Prevalence

Obesity is common, serious and costly

More than one-third of U.S. adults (35.7%) are obese.
Obesity-related conditions include heart disease, stroke, type 2
diabetes and certain types of cancer, some of the
leading causes of preventable death. [Read guidelinesExternal Web Site
Icon]
The estimated annual medical cost of obesity in the U.S. was $147
billion in 2008 U.S. dollars; the medical costs
for people who are obese were $1,429 higher than those of normal
weight. [Read summaryExternal Web Site Icon]

Yep. That's how it looks to me too. These crips didn't take care of
themselves and now the rest of us have to pay for it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Are you saying that you think there should be a "crip parking"
bureaucrat appointed to decide who gets a HC plate? ...or should
doctors decide what their patients need?

The only thing that bothers me about HC parking is that there seems to
be about 10x the number of spaces as needed in many places (HD and
such, in particular).

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski wrote in
:

On 2/1/2014 9:48 AM, CRNG wrote:

That's been my impression for many years. The VAST majority of people
I see getting in/out of vehicles with handicapped plates or placards
have no apparent trouble walking that I can see. Nor do I notice any
signs of pain or discomfort when they walk.

You should have been a doctor. Oh, you seem to be practicing medicine
anyway.

Don't need to be a Doc. Just not blind.

There seems to be a lot of anger here towards anyone who doesn't want to
kiss the fat asses of the crips.

Enjoy your life. You made it.

From: http://www.cdc.gov/obesity/data/adult.html

Adult Obesity Facts
[...]

By walking 30' further? You must just be another "fat ass" and ****ed
because your doctor won't placate you.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I would never use the term "Crip", I consider it to be pejorative.

If you read the article I posted above, you will find an explanation of what
they are doing in Illinois and why.

"A state law taking effect Jan. 1 says only motorists whose impairments prevent
them from being able to pay a meter can park for free in those spots. Before,
anyone with a disability parking placard could do so."

Source:
http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/ward...#ixzz2s6IDX3ei

From this information it is apparent the state of Illinois has already passed
laws that provide for different levels of disabilities.

In my opinion, I think determining a level of disability for purposes of special
privileges or entitlements should be done conjointly by representatives of the
respective individual and then reviewed by the state.

Anecdotally, I have personally observed fraud and abuse with the handicap
parking privileges not to mention federal and state disability entitlements.

Putting stricter controls in place for all such government privileges and
entitlements would be a positive step, IMHO.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/01/2014 09:45 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Reminds me of a friend of my Dad's. This was twenty
or so years ago, when Dad and Vic were both alive.
Anyhow, Vic relates the conversation as he was sitting
in his big Ford passenger car (maybe a Crown Vic) in
a handicap spot, with handicap tag on the miror:

Passerby: You're not handicapped!
Vic: You consider a wooden leg a handicap?
Passerby: Uh, well, yes.
Vic: I got two of them.

(Vic had crashed a plane in world war two, and
lost both legs below the knee.)

In fairness, I've seen enough people with tags
get out, and nimbly walk in and out of stores.

Every time I think life is too tough, I think of Aimee Mullins...and then realize I'm a big pussy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aimee_Mullins

By the way, Aimee delivered the absolute best Ted Talk I've ever seen.

http://www.ted.com/talks/aimee_mulli...adversity.html
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Sure. Not my word (hence the "scare quotes").

If you read the article I posted above, you will find an explanation of what
they are doing in Illinois and why.

"A state law taking effect Jan. 1 says only motorists whose impairments prevent
them from being able to pay a meter can park for free in those spots. Before,
anyone with a disability parking placard could do so."

Source:
http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/ward...#ixzz2s6IDX3ei

From this information it is apparent the state of Illinois has already passed
laws that provide for different levels of disabilities.

In my opinion, I think determining a level of disability for purposes of special
privileges or entitlements should be done conjointly by representatives of the
respective individual and then reviewed by the state.

Anecdotally, I have personally observed fraud and abuse with the handicap
parking privileges not to mention federal and state disability entitlements.

Putting stricter controls in place for all such government privileges and
entitlements would be a positive step, IMHO.

We're on the same page. My issue is those who judge others based only
on their appearance. There *are* legitimate reasons for having a WC
permit that may not be obvious to the average Usenetter. Let law
enforcement do their job. I wish they would, WRT welfare and
disability checks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 01 Feb 2014 11:43:35 -0800, Lab Lover wrote:

I would never use the term "Crip"

A Crip is a member of the Crips. Rivals of the Bloods. Both are
gangs with violent histories and all of them inner city feral thugs.

The OP is a basement dweller masturbator.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 01 Feb 2014 12:22:13 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Sat, 01 Feb 2014 11:43:35 -0800, Lab Lover wrote:

I would never use the term "Crip"

A Crip is a member of the Crips. Rivals of the Bloods. Both are
gangs with violent histories and all of them inner city feral thugs.

The OP is a basement dweller masturbator.

Better that he dwell in a basement and pleasure himself there than walk amongst
us...............

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 01 Feb 2014 12:28:36 -0800, Lab Lover wrote:

On Sat, 01 Feb 2014 12:22:13 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Sat, 01 Feb 2014 11:43:35 -0800, Lab Lover wrote:

I would never use the term "Crip"

A Crip is a member of the Crips. Rivals of the Bloods. Both are
gangs with violent histories and all of them inner city feral thugs.

The OP is a basement dweller masturbator.

Better that he dwell in a basement and pleasure himself there than walk amongst
us...............

True. He then may need a NC tag or placard.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/1/2014 2:43 PM, Lab Lover wrote:

I would never use the term "Crip", I consider it to be pejorative.

I'm not PC so it is OK by me.

If you read the article I posted above, you will find an explanation of what
they are doing in Illinois and why.

"A state law taking effect Jan. 1 says only motorists whose impairments prevent
them from being able to pay a meter can park for free in those spots. Before,
anyone with a disability parking placard could do so."

OK by me too. Having a physical disability does not make you too poor
to pay for parking.

Putting stricter controls in place for all such government privileges and
entitlements would be a positive step, IMHO.

Here in CT a doctor has to sign off on it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 01 Feb 2014 16:00:19 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 2/1/2014 2:43 PM, Lab Lover wrote:

I would never use the term "Crip", I consider it to be pejorative.

I'm not PC so it is OK by me.

If you read the article I posted above, you will find an explanation of what
they are doing in Illinois and why.

"A state law taking effect Jan. 1 says only motorists whose impairments prevent
them from being able to pay a meter can park for free in those spots. Before,
anyone with a disability parking placard could do so."

OK by me too. Having a physical disability does not make you too poor
to pay for parking.

Putting stricter controls in place for all such government privileges and
entitlements would be a positive step, IMHO.

Here in CT a doctor has to sign off on it.

I think that is the case in most, if not all states. However, I have known
quite a few less than honest and ethical doctors.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Lab Lover wrote in
:

Anecdotally, I have personally observed fraud and abuse with the
handicap parking privileges not to mention federal and state
disability entitlements.

I am seeing it more and more and more and more. IMO the only people who
are denying the abuse are the ones benefiting from it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, January 31, 2014 11:03:27 PM UTC-8, Tony Hwang wrote:
Zaky Waky wrote:

[...]

Me and wife are 78. Back in 2005 I went shopping for a 'retirement' vehicle - criteria 'easy to get in and out'. Tried a van on a windy day. Ya gotta be kidding!!.

Tried an SUV but my prejudice against those contraptions said no and the lousy gas mileage only confirmed it.

Tried Subaru but didn't see much improvement over a standard mid size car.

Looked at the Ford 500 - and bought it. sits up considerably higher than regular mid sized, basically turn around and sit down, no crawling down into a hole. Decent gas mileage. I'd still like one that sits up higher though. Still driving it at 60,000 miles - we don't do a lot of traveling.

For a good 'old age' car one is hard to find. Basically I want a 2x stripped model with no frills that I wouldn't use anyhow. I had a slow day waitning on a lube/oil change and checked with salesman for such a car. Not available except by special order.

Harry K

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, January 31, 2014 10:44:34 PM UTC-8, Zaky Waky wrote:
I live in a rural farm area where there are a lot of big pickup trucks like

this: http://sportscars2013.com/2013-dodge-ram-1500-pickup-truck/ and

many of them have "disabled" window-tags or plates because there are a lot

of old people around here driving them. My questions is: if you are so

cripped-up that you need a crip plate, then how can you climb up and down

into that thing?

Since this NG has a lot of old crips hanging around, I thought this would

be a good place to ask. Your not working so you have the time to answer.

I'm 78 and very active, cut 10=12 cord wood annually etc. Had a rig in a Pape (john Deere) dealer for service and got a ride home. Yep one of them big things. I had one heck of a time getting into the cab, no running board. I agree that those jacked up POS's are not a vehicle for anyone with a 'disabled plate'. Of course there is the possibility that the driver is not the disabled person. Applies to me but I only use the disabled parking when the wife is with me.

Harry K
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Those "crip plates" are not just for paraplegics.

No surprise that Illinois is cracking down on abusers of handicap
parking permits, especially when it cuts into their revenue! See:

http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/ward...238476421.html

No, it doesn't cut into their revenue. Going after them enhances it.
No issue with making any criminals pay (dearly) but I find people who
judge others, without information, to be offensive.

Prejudice is distasteful, I agree. Apparently, the state of Illinois
believes there is a loss of parking revenue due to those possessing
handicap permits parking in metered spots, for long periods of time,
at no charge.

It was well explained in the acticle pointed to.

"According to previous state law, cars with disabled placards were allowed to
park at a meter for free for an unlimited period of time. The private company
that leases the meters as part of a 75-year deal, Chicago Parking Meters LLC,
charged the city for revenue lost to disabled parking according to a formula.
As part of the revised deal struck earlier this year, the city had to pay $54.9
million for the use of disabled placards over the past two years."

Source:
http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/ward-room/New-Rules-on-Disabled-Parking-Could-Be-Boon-to-City-238476421.html#ixzz2s6ykzBHT"

Posted to alt.home.repair

Zaky Waky wrote:

[...]

We're not your age but bought two vehicles last year. The back end of
my Ranger rusted out so there wasn't much choice but to replace it.
Used vehicles were just stupid expensive so I bought a new F150. I
like it a lot.

On the way out of the dealership, the sales manager mentioned that
they had just gotten a Mustang convertible in the same color. A few
days later my wife said "I want it", so... Not exactly a "sit
upright" car. Fun, though. ;-)

For a good 'old age' car one is hard to find. Basically I want a 2x stripped model with no frills that I wouldn't use anyhow. I had a slow day waitning on a lube/oil change and checked with salesman for such a car. Not available except by special order.

It really seems they are missing the market. Something on the order
of 60% of the new cars were bought by people over 55. This
demographic is the only one with the money.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 01 Feb 2014 13:06:27 -0800, Lab Lover wrote:

[...]

That seems to be the root problem, no? Grab a few licenses and the
message will go out.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Yup, my original comment was:

"No surprise that Illinois is cracking down on abusers of handicap parking
permits, especially when it cuts into their revenue!"

Standing between a government and it's perceived revenue is more dangerous than
getting between a momma grizzly and her cubs!