Posted to alt.home.repair
Lab Lover Lab Lover is offline

Default OT Big trucks w/crip plates

On Sat, 01 Feb 2014 13:35:52 -0500, wrote:

On Sat, 01 Feb 2014 09:13:09 -0800, Lab Lover wrote:

On Sat, 01 Feb 2014 12:02:35 -0500,
wrote:

Those "crip plates" are not just for paraplegics.

No surprise that Illinois is cracking down on abusers of handicap parking
permits, especially when it cuts into their revenue! See:

http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/ward...238476421.html

No, it doesn't cut into their revenue. Going after them enhances it.
No issue with making any criminals pay (dearly) but I find people who
judge others, without information, to be offensive.

Prejudice is distasteful, I agree. Apparently, the state of Illinois believes
there is a loss of parking revenue due to those possessing handicap permits
parking in metered spots, for long periods of time, at no charge.

It might be logical to assess levels of disability and assign privileges on a
graduated basis. e.g., someone who suffers from borderline personality disorder
certainly has a disability, but should it entitle them to a handicap parking
permit on that basis alone?