Posted to alt.home.repair
Lab Lover Lab Lover is offline

Default OT Big trucks w/crip plates

On Sat, 01 Feb 2014 16:00:19 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 2/1/2014 2:43 PM, Lab Lover wrote:

I would never use the term "Crip", I consider it to be pejorative.

I'm not PC so it is OK by me.

If you read the article I posted above, you will find an explanation of what
they are doing in Illinois and why.

"A state law taking effect Jan. 1 says only motorists whose impairments prevent
them from being able to pay a meter can park for free in those spots. Before,
anyone with a disability parking placard could do so."

OK by me too. Having a physical disability does not make you too poor
to pay for parking.

Putting stricter controls in place for all such government privileges and
entitlements would be a positive step, IMHO.

Here in CT a doctor has to sign off on it.

I think that is the case in most, if not all states. However, I have known
quite a few less than honest and ethical doctors.