Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Smart Meters

On Wed, 18 Dec 2013 21:20:51 -0600, Irreverent Maximus
wrote:

On 12/18/2013 9:03 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 12/18/13 8:28 PM, Irreverent Maximus wrote:
On 12/18/2013 8:14 PM, wrote:

WTF are you talking about, kook?

My guess is that he is talking about a judge that ruled, a couple of
days ago, that the NSA is breaking the Constitutional rights of
American citizens (4th Amendment) by monitoring domestic communication
without a warrant.

But on the other hand a Texas court ruled warrants can be based on a
"prediction of a future crime".
Article he
http://preview.tinyurl.com/l7pwjxc

Isn't that grand? Sounds like the states that may search your vehicle
anytime that they want. May I search your vehicle? No? *phone call*
Sir, please step away from the vehicle, I have a warrant...

No, "I'll mail you a copy of the warrant when I get a chance."
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Isn't that grand? Sounds like the states that may search your vehicle
anytime that they want. May I search your vehicle? No? *phone call*
Sir, please step away from the vehicle, I have a warrant...

Pay attention here people. In 30 cities across the nation the feds are
trying to study you, collect your DNA without arrest or reasonable
doubt...

"...Drivers in a southeastern Pennsylvania town were forced off a
local street and into a parking lot, so a federal contractor – aided
by local police --could quiz them about their road habits and ask for
a cheek swab, in a replay of an incident last month in Texas.

- get my lawyer

- kiss my ass or serve a warrant

- what time is breakfast at the gray bar hotel, I expect it to be hot
and delivered on schedule

- what time is my exercise hour

- the progressive liberal maniacs have lost their marbles

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/12/18/pa-town-latest-to-force-drivers-over-and-ask-for-cheek-swabs-for-federal-study/

Phuck that!

+1
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Smart Meters selective billing

In article m,
"EXT" wrote:

"Irreverent Maximus" wrote in message
On 12/18/2013 12:47 PM, EXT wrote:

Did you know that during Earth Hour, when everyone is encouraged to turn
off the lights for one hour, the electric companies pay industry to use
up the power. This is because you cannot shut down a nuclear plant for
one hour, nor stop a hydro dam or even shut down a coal powered
generator plant. Instead of saving money it costs us all extra to not
use the lights for one hour.

This is not true. Power plants can throttle down the output, directly,
and bring offline necessary units in running standby, or stopped
standby, mode.

Look up "droop mode vs isochronous" via search engine.

Depending on what is going on, and how the plant is operated, switching
all units (maybe minus one) into droop will have the power plant
reacting to load conditions. Many power plants have automatic controls
for such circumstances. Others might have operators that will make
the decision. Shutting the plant down is not necessary.

Perhaps in theory, but Ontario Hydro the electric generator for Ontario,
Canada, was scrambling to cover the drop in consumption during the last
earth day according to reports.

one would assume that turning the spigot down on the hydro plants would
have the effect of throttling the output and saving the water for later
high demands...of course if OH is no longer using hydropower, they'd
have to have other management tools

not to mention that if they can't schedule production based on what they
knew would be a known drop in consumption, they need to offshore their
management

I've heard of water being pumped back up hill for energy storage. Of
course that energy was probably from another source that could not
conserve it or cost more to throttle back.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, December 18, 2013 9:18:50 PM UTC-5, EXT wrote:
[...]

You mean this Ontario Hydro power company?:

http://www.hydroone.com/OurCompany/M..._EarthHour.pdf

"Hydro one is not afraid of the dark this earth hour..."

http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/1132...his-earth-hour

Hydro One encourages customers to power down for conservation this Earth Hour

TORONTO, March 20, 2013 /CNW/ - Last year, Hydro One customers saved enough energy to power the city of Belleville during Earth Hour. This year, Hydro One is urging its customers to save even more than the 202 MW saved last year by turning off lights and unplugging unnecessary appliances on March 23 from 8:30 - 9:30 p.m. Hydro One customers will join millions of people worldwide in conserving energy in support of Earth Hour.

Or this power company?:

http://www.innisfilhydro.com/Conserv...EarthHour.aspx

Innisfil Wish Event 2012
Innisfil, ON (April 3, 2012) – Innisfil met the Earth Hour challenge with great success. A 13.93% (4983.91 kWh) energy savings was calculated by Innisfil Hydro for the 8:30-9:30 pm timeframe on Saturday, March 31, 2012. This was the largest energy savings Innisfil has reached in six years of participating in Earth Hour.

If you have sources for what you claim, we'd like to see them.
Following that logic, the power company should have to be
dumping electricity everyday at 3AM or paying people to take it,
when demand is lower than it is at noon.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
The Daring Dufas wrote:

On 12/18/2013 7:35 PM, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 18 Dec 2013 18:44:59 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

You must be special. I have a smart meter and STILL have a meter
reader. The meter has a wireless 48 GB transmitter, the truck driver
drives by and collects the meter reading.

Do you think the utility is reading a smart meter from the home
office, remotely? Don't think so...unless something is special.

Did you mean 48ghz or 4.8ghz rather than 48 GB? Some of the smart meters
are on a peer to peer network where the data from each meter is picked
up by the next one and information is spread through the network
bouncing from meter to meter until it gets to a main node for collection
by the power company. It depends what system you're on but it's my
understanding that the way many smart meters work is that they're on a
mesh network with other smart meters. ^_^

TDD

I checked. And I mispoke; I was looking at the gas meter which says
40GB. Made by ITRON ? The installer told me the battery would last ~
15 years. I think the meter just transmits when the truck drives by,
around the 'hood and pings it or sends a packet requesting the data
from the meter.

Sorry for the confusion.

Q. What is a smart meter?
A. Smart meters are digital devices that collect energy-use data and,
unlike traditional meters, transmit and receive data, too. Electric
energy use will be recorded every 15 minutes to provide an accurate
view of your daily energy patterns.

Thanks for making me look :-/

I want sane people to correct me when I'm mistaken and I thank them for
educating me. It's just one way I can learn because it will make go
research it for myself and I wind up knowing more about the subject than
I did before. I'm never nasty to anyone when they have it wrong unless
it's one of the P.L.L.C.F. because they're convinced they're always
right, err, I mean left. ^_^

TDD

there you go calling krwd a leftie again
Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

On 12/18/2013 12:47 PM, EXT wrote:

Did you know that during Earth Hour, when everyone is encouraged to turn
off the lights for one hour, the electric companies pay industry to use
up the power. This is because you cannot shut down a nuclear plant for
one hour, nor stop a hydro dam or even shut down a coal powered
generator plant. Instead of saving money it costs us all extra to not
use the lights for one hour.

Sheer nonsense (on both counts). You don't have to shut it off; unless
it was a _very_ small utility with a very large fraction of participants
that made a difference in demand on their grid of more than the combined
runback capacity of all generation on the grid, they've no real problem
at all.

Certainly anybody as large as OH and with a high fraction of hydro that
is about the most flexible there is wouldn't have much problem at all.

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

On 12/19/2013 1:56 PM, Frank wrote:

I've heard of water being pumped back up hill for energy storage. Of
course that energy was probably from another source that could not
conserve it or cost more to throttle back.

Yes, even hydro isn't 100%. There's no benefit in trying to generate
the power for your own pumped storage; it loses.

There are pumped storage peaking units which use off-peak generation for
the purpose to be able to provide peak capacity later. Smith Mountain
Dam hydro unit in VA was built for the purpose; I've not looked to see
whether they're still using it that way or not since have been gone 30
yr or so now...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 19 Dec 2013 12:27:11 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

There you go, showing the world how damned dumb you lefties are.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I have no idea whether he's right handed or left handed. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 19 Dec 2013 21:54:43 -0600, The Daring Dufas

wrote:

[...]

Bite your tongue! I am always right. Malformed is always lying.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

You must be special. I have a smart meter and STILL have
a meter reader. The meter has a wireless 48 GB
transmitter, the truck driver drives by and collects the
meter reading.

Do you think the utility is reading a smart meter from
the home office, remotely? Don't think so...unless
something is special.

Did you mean 48ghz or 4.8ghz rather than 48 GB? Some of the
smart meters are on a peer to peer network where the data
from each meter is picked up by the next one and
information is spread through the network bouncing from
meter to meter until it gets to a main node for collection
by the power company. It depends what system you're on but
it's my understanding that the way many smart meters work
is that they're on a mesh network with other smart meters.
^_^

[...]

There is always that right brain or left brain thing. I suppose you
could say someone is not in their right mind. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Indeed. His mind got too bored and left.
Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

The secret police want to know what hours of the day you are home so
they can do a sneak and peek to find out if you have any seditious
tendencies. They will go through all your papers, copy the hard drive in
any computers you have, bug your home and surveil your land line and
cellphone. If you are suspected of sedition, a heavily armed SWAT team
will kick in your door then drag you and your family away for
interrogation. ^_^

TDD

Again? I am tired of the anal probes.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
The Daring Dufas wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I have no idea

everything after this is superfluos

whether he's right handed or left handed. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

it would be rude to accuse herr goebbels of not being in her right
mind...it wouldn't be wrong, just rude
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 02 Jan 2014 17:28:41 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

The pathological lying lefty, lies. How surprising.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 02 Jan 2014 17:27:11 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"
wrote:

In article ,
The Daring Dufas wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Your grammar and spelling is as sound as your logic. You're too
stupid to even use a spelling checker. It's no surprise that a lefty
would be so damned dumb.

whether he's right handed or left handed. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
The Daring Dufas wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I don't have any superfluros, I only have regularfluos. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
The Daring Dufas wrote:

In article ,
The Daring Dufas wrote:

wrote:

[...]

how sad for you, on both accounts
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
wrote:

On Thu, 19 Dec 2013 12:27:11 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

A crusty old Marine Sergeant Major found himself at a gala event hosted
by a local christian college.

There was no shortage of extremely young idealistic christian ladies in
attendance and krwless approached the Sergeant Major for conversation.

"Excuse me, Sergeant Major, but you seem to be a very serious man.
Is something bothering you?"

"Negative, ma'am. Just serious by nature."

krwless looked at his awards and decorations and said, "It looks
like you have seen a lot of action."

"Yes, ma'am, a lot of action."

krwless, tiring of trying to start up a conversation, said, "You know,
you should lighten up. Relax and enjoy yourself."

The Sergeant Major just stared at her in his serious manner.

Finally krwless said, "You know, I hope you don't take this the
wrong way, but when is the last time you had sex?"

"1955, ma'am."

"Well, there you are. No wonder you're so serious. You really need to
chill out! I mean, no sex since 1955! krwless took his hand and led him
to a private room where she proceeded to "relax" him several times.

Afterwards, panting for breath, she leaned against his bare chest and
said, "Wow, you sure didn't forget much since 1955."

The Sergeant Major said, after glancing at his watch, "I hope not; it's
only 2130 now."
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 26 Jan 2014 11:35:40 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"
wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

On Thu, 19 Dec 2013 12:27:11 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Malformed's moronic lies snipped without being read

The idiot Malformed can't figure out that no one reads this drivel. No
surprise, he knows nothing of grammar, Usenet conventions, or anything
else. ...too damned dumb.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

yes, extreme right mr goldwater

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 29 Jan 2014 11:49:22 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

It took you over a month to come up with that lie, Malformed. You
really are a dumb****.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
wrote:

On Fri, 20 Dec 2013 01:01:36 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

while you never had one. I win
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 30 Jan 2014 22:01:43 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"
wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

On Fri, 20 Dec 2013 01:01:36 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

IKWYABWAI and lies *are* all you have, Malformed. Then again, you've
proven that you're too damned stupid to get any new material.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Jon Danniken wrote:
On 12/17/2013 07:26 PM, Guv Bob wrote:
I know they store power usage trends and can see how that might help
the power generators. I logged in to my account and saw that when I
ran the AC, the power usage went up. What a revelation! LOL! Other
than that, what use are these things?

Getting people comfortable with having every possible aspect of their
lives monitored and scrutinized. For your security and convenience, of
course.

Jon

Probably able to receive and pass on any speech recorded by
a second device (bug) that transmits with only enough power
to reach the meter, which then sends it on.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/12/2014 11:44 AM, David Combs wrote:
In article ,
Jon Danniken wrote:
Getting people comfortable with having every possible aspect of their
lives monitored and scrutinized. For your security and convenience, of
course.

Jon

Probably able to receive and pass on any speech recorded by
a second device (bug) that transmits with only enough power
to reach the meter, which then sends it on.

NSA says to quit singing in the shower.

--
..
Christopher A. Young