Posted to alt.home.repair

Default $ 3,845.00 Tool Kit, Just What Everyone Needs For Home Repair

Have you ever wondered what tools the guys who service MRI machines with
those giant magnets use? ^_^

http://intercon1978.com/hardy-mri-to...-3-t-tool-kit/

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
The Daring Dufas wrote:

Have you ever wondered what tools the guys who service MRI machines with
those giant magnets use? ^_^

http://intercon1978.com/hardy-mri-to...-3-t-tool-kit/

TDD

The high point of the yearly general safety inservices when I was
still a nurse was always the MRI safety films. Got some rather strange
looks when I started giggling every time they brought out the pipe
wrench that reduced cement blocks to dust. Way cool.
--
łStatistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive,
but what they conceal is vital.˛
Posted to alt.home.repair

Have you ever wondered what tools the guys who service MRI machines with
those giant magnets use? ^_^

http://intercon1978.com/hardy-mri-to...-3-t-tool-kit/

TDD

I see the 3# hammer is only $221. What I'd call a 12" Crescent
wrench is just under $200. Why don't they sell vise grips?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Have you ever wondered what tools the guys who service MRI machines with
those giant magnets use? ^_^

http://intercon1978.com/hardy-mri-to...-3-t-tool-kit/

TDD

Cost of a few MRI's.

Since my wife had one this week your post prompted me to look up prices
and I found this interesting article:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...280-in-france/

Reinforces what my lawyer sons tell me about some way overpaid doctors
they know. Lot of them make as much as major league ball players

Also, half a century ago when I was studying chemistry, I would run my
own NMR's. Same as MRI except for name. Must have been relatively weak
magnet as I don't recall having to use any precautions for metals I
might have on like a watch.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Have you ever wondered what tools the guys who service MRI machines with
those giant magnets use? ^_^

http://intercon1978.com/hardy-mri-to...-3-t-tool-kit/

TDD

What, no optional duck tape and WD40?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Have you ever wondered what tools the guys who service MRI machines with
those giant magnets use? ^_^

http://intercon1978.com/hardy-mri-to...-3-t-tool-kit/

TDD

Must be a government only supplier.

---

Posted to alt.home.repair

How do think doctors afford those mansions with 4 cars and a trophy wife?

It is not because they are good ... they get lawyers to write up fantastic agreements with insurance companies.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/15/2013 6:52 PM, IGot2P wrote:
Have you ever wondered what tools the guys who service MRI machines with
those giant magnets use? ^_^

http://intercon1978.com/hardy-mri-to...-3-t-tool-kit/

TDD

What, no optional duck tape and WD40?

I'm waiting for it to go on sale at Harbor Freight.

Who wants a titanium can of WD?

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

Frank wrote:

Also, half a century ago when I was studying chemistry, I would run my
own NMR's. Same as MRI except for name.

Exactly the same. They dropped the "N" from the front of "NMRI" to
appease / defuse the ignorant anti-nuke loons.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12-15-2013, 18:49, Frank wrote:
Also, half a century ago when I was studying chemistry, I would run my
own NMR's. Same as MRI except for name. Must have been relatively weak
magnet as I don't recall having to use any precautions for metals I
might have on like a watch.

I did some computer work in an NMR lab for a chemistry professor.
It had an outline on the floor and warnings to keep magnetic materials
out of that outline. But it must indeed be a weaker magnet than those
in medical MRIs.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=92745

--
Wes Groleau

A bureaucrat is someone who cuts red tape lengthwise.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12-15-2013, 17:58, The Daring Dufas wrote:
Have you ever wondered what tools the guys who service MRI machines with
those giant magnets use? ^_^

http://intercon1978.com/hardy-mri-to...-3-t-tool-kit/

OK, the tools have to be non-magnetic, so I understand a higher price.
But THAT price is completely ridiculous.

--
Wes Groleau

Words of the Wild Wes
http://Ideas.Lang-Learn.us/WWW

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/16/2013 12:22 AM, Wes Groleau wrote:
On 12-15-2013, 17:58, The Daring Dufas wrote:
Have you ever wondered what tools the guys who service MRI machines with
those giant magnets use? ^_^

http://intercon1978.com/hardy-mri-to...-3-t-tool-kit/

OK, the tools have to be non-magnetic, so I understand a higher price.
But THAT price is completely ridiculous.

Tools: $400.00

Siemens name: $3000.00

:-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/15/2013 5:49 PM, Frank wrote:
Have you ever wondered what tools the guys who service MRI machines
with those giant magnets use? ^_^

http://intercon1978.com/hardy-mri-to...-3-t-tool-kit/

TDD

Cost of a few MRI's.

Since my wife had one this week your post prompted me to look up
prices and I found this interesting article:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...280-in-france/

Reinforces what my lawyer sons tell me about some way overpaid
doctors they know. Lot of them make as much as major league ball
players

Also, half a century ago when I was studying chemistry, I would run
my own NMR's. Same as MRI except for name. Must have been
relatively weak magnet as I don't recall having to use any
precautions for metals I might have on like a watch.

The term "Nuclear Magnetic Resonance" though a more accurate description
of the process was too scary for the general public because the title
contained the word "Nuclear". So the Politically Correct thing to do was
to rename the process,"Magnetic Resonance Imaging" which is not as
scary. "The Dumbassification of America" started a long time ago. Darn,
I wish science as a required subject for a kid to graduate high school
was taught in a different way so they could understand the practical
concepts perhaps using what shows up in the news to make them understand
what's going on in the world around them. There are kids who are now
like I was at that age who live for learning anything about science,
medicine and technology. The kids who actually want to learn should be
nurtured and helped instead of hindered which is what happens to many of
them. I was so frustrated as a kid who wanted to learn and really wished
there was an Internet back then but it was science fiction at the time
so I had to haunt libraries and getting to a library at the college was
a real treat for me. Kids really need a class on "Life" and how to live
it. I remember home economics classes that were for the girls but one of
my male classmates took the class. They get out of school and have no
idea how to balance a checkbook, fill out their income tax forms or do
the simplest necessary things to live in society that adults do without
a second thought. Perhaps the class should be named, "Welcome to the
real world." ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Irreverent Maximus wrote:

On 12/16/2013 12:22 AM, Wes Groleau wrote:
On 12-15-2013, 17:58, The Daring Dufas wrote:
Have you ever wondered what tools the guys who service MRI machines with
those giant magnets use? ^_^

http://intercon1978.com/hardy-mri-to...-3-t-tool-kit/

OK, the tools have to be non-magnetic, so I understand a higher price.
But THAT price is completely ridiculous.

Tools: $400.00

Siemens name: $3000.00

:-)

Siemens name $1000, insurance to cover liability if something goes wrong
and totals a multi-million dollar MRI $2000. (grin)
--
€śStatistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive,
but what they conceal is vital.€ť
Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

And, while class is in session. you're welcome
to plug your ipod charger into a subatomic
nuclear energy transfer source, to wit,
electric socket.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/15/2013 08:39 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 15 Dec 2013 19:24:25 -0500, Meanie

Have you ever wondered what tools the guys who service MRI machines with
those giant magnets use? ^_^

http://intercon1978.com/hardy-mri-to...-3-t-tool-kit/

TDD

Must be a government only supplier.

my thought exactly.

I'll bet all the metal parts are titanium...

hell I wouldn't sell you one of my toolboxes for that, it's taken me too
long to build up a functional tool collection.

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

The term nuclear has nothing to do with radiation or radioactive decay
but refers to the precession of odd numbered atomic nuclei, like
hydrogen, in a magnetic field. I think the main reason the medical
people dropped the "nuclear" was that the procedure does not belong in
their nuclear medicine department that does have to do with radiation.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/16/2013 12:22 AM, Wes Groleau wrote:
On 12-15-2013, 17:58, The Daring Dufas wrote:
Have you ever wondered what tools the guys who service MRI machines
with those giant magnets use? ^_^

http://intercon1978.com/hardy-mri-to...-3-t-tool-kit/

OK, the tools have to be non-magnetic, so I understand a higher
price. But THAT price is completely ridiculous.

A friend of mine who worked on X-ray machines told me that a bolt or
screw that could be bought at any hardware store for ten cents, was $10
if it was for an X-ray machine because the paperwork outweighed the
piece of hardware. Like aerospace/military hardware, it had to be
approved and tested along with a paperwork trail. Perhaps he was
exaggerating but it was believable. If anyone reading the group has
experience working on medical equipment please chime in because my
experience is limited older not hospital owned equipment. I have
repaired an ultrasound machine for my doctor friend and it was an
interesting piece of gear. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/16/2013 5:40 AM, Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article ,
Irreverent Maximus wrote:

On 12/16/2013 12:22 AM, Wes Groleau wrote:
On 12-15-2013, 17:58, The Daring Dufas wrote:
Have you ever wondered what tools the guys who service MRI machines with
those giant magnets use? ^_^

http://intercon1978.com/hardy-mri-to...-3-t-tool-kit/

OK, the tools have to be non-magnetic, so I understand a higher price.
But THAT price is completely ridiculous.

Tools: $400.00

Siemens name: $3000.00

:-)

Siemens name $1000, insurance to cover liability if something goes wrong
and totals a multi-million dollar MRI $2000. (grin)

I made a post about the screws, nuts and bolts requiring a stack of
paperwork if made for medical equipment. Like the hardware, the tools
probably have to have a paperwork trail for insurance purposes because
medical malpractice lawyers will go after anyyone who had contact with
the equipment including the guy who made the darn labels stuck on the
back of the machine. o_O

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

Frank wrote:

[...]

Intelligent people understand this, however the anti-nuke loons are not
intelligent.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/16/2013 9:06 AM, Pete C. wrote:

Frank wrote:

[...]

I think they're just low information citizens. Someone else posted that
the name change came about to prevent confusion between the NMR and
nuclear medicine which uses radioactive materials because NMR doesn't
emit ionizing radiation as radioactive isotopes and X-rays do. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

Irreverent Maximus wrote:

On 12/16/2013 12:22 AM, Wes Groleau wrote:
On 12-15-2013, 17:58, The Daring Dufas wrote:
Have you ever wondered what tools the guys who service MRI machines with
those giant magnets use? ^_^

http://intercon1978.com/hardy-mri-to...-3-t-tool-kit/

OK, the tools have to be non-magnetic, so I understand a higher price.
But THAT price is completely ridiculous.

Tools: $400.00

Siemens name: $3000.00

:-)

Siemens name $1000, insurance to cover liability if something goes wrong
and totals a multi-million dollar MRI $2000. (grin)

What are the tax write-off implications?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12-16-2013, 08:15, Stormin Mormon wrote:
And, while class is in session. you're welcome
to plug your ipod charger into a subatomic
nuclear energy transfer source, to wit,
electric socket.

I don't think the hopping of electrons from one atom to another
should be called "nuclear."

--
Wes Groleau

He that is good for making excuses, is seldom good for anything else.
€” Benjamin Franklin

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12-16-2013, 01:59, Irreverent Maximus wrote:
On 12/16/2013 12:22 AM, Wes Groleau wrote:
On 12-15-2013, 17:58, The Daring Dufas wrote:
Have you ever wondered what tools the guys who service MRI machines with
those giant magnets use? ^_^

http://intercon1978.com/hardy-mri-to...-3-t-tool-kit/

OK, the tools have to be non-magnetic, so I understand a higher price.
But THAT price is completely ridiculous.

Tools: $400.00

Siemens name: $3000.00

Shipping $445.00 ?

--
Wes Groleau

He that is good for making excuses, is seldom good for anything else.
€” Benjamin Franklin

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/16/2013 9:58 PM, Wes Groleau wrote:
..

Tools: $400.00

Siemens name: $3000.00

Shipping $445.00 ?

LOL! Stop being so anal, you are hurting me.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/16/2013 9:57 PM, Wes Groleau wrote:
On 12-16-2013, 08:15, Stormin Mormon wrote:
And, while class is in session. you're welcome
to plug your ipod charger into a subatomic
nuclear energy transfer source, to wit,
electric socket.

I don't think the hopping of electrons from one atom to another
should be called "nuclear."

'Tis rather valencial.

(Yeah, I made that up.)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/16/2013 12:59 AM, Irreverent Maximus wrote:
On 12/16/2013 12:22 AM, Wes Groleau wrote:
On 12-15-2013, 17:58, The Daring Dufas wrote:
Have you ever wondered what tools the guys who service MRI
machines with those giant magnets use? ^_^

http://intercon1978.com/hardy-mri-to...-3-t-tool-kit/

OK, the tools have to be non-magnetic, so I understand a higher price.
But THAT price is completely ridiculous.

Tools: $400.00

Siemens name: $3000.00

:-)

You could always purchase "Harley Davidson" brand tools. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

.

Tools: $400.00

Siemens name: $3000.00

Shipping $445.00 ?

LOL! Stop being so anal, you are hurting me.

Ummm, that reads a bit weird there my friend. o_O

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

Have you ever wondered what tools the guys who service MRI machines
with those giant magnets use? ^_^

http://intercon1978.com/hardy-mri-to...-3-t-tool-kit/

That's the list price, but nobody pays list. Well, if an individual
approached them about buying one item, that person would probably be
charged list.

The actual price will vary, depending on who's buying it.

As for why it costs so much, if for legal purposes the tools or parts
must be sourced from only certified suppliers, and the market for
those materials is limited, then yeah, even seemingly routine stuff is
going to be pretty spendy, compared to the standard retail market. But
it's an entirely different market, with different requirements. You
wouldn't want to risk cheap Chinese counterfeit parts getting
installed into an MRI, for instance.

Selling this stuff is within my brother's line of work, and boy, has
he got stories. One of his favorites has to do with a major domestic
manufacturer who asked him for a quote on a replacement breaker for
their plant. Those suckers are massive, since they're industrial, and
priced accordingly. So, one genuine US-built and certified breaker,
sized such and such - $6000.00.

My brother had an exclusive contract with the plant that built the
breakers. Nobody, not even the plant, could sell them for less than my
brother's price, so he knew he had no competition and was certain he
had the sale. But then the head engineer at this manufacturing plant
told him they were going with the low bidder. My brother was floored.
_What_ low bidder, he asked. Well . . . the engineer at this plant
told him that the local hardware store had put in a bid. They'd
offered the very same breaker for less than a thousand bucks.

Now, there's no way a local hardware store would stock or even be able
to procure these things. Plus, the price was impossible. My brother
knew the cost to manufacture these, and if the breaker was legit, they
would lose thousands of dollars on the sale. He advised the engineer
of this, and warned him that the breaker had to be counterfeit. The
engineer blew him off. My brother said, okay then - but if you have
trouble with it, take it up with the hardware store, because it didn't
come from me, and my source says it didn't come from them, either.

You can write the ending to the tale, natch: breaker failed in very
short order. The head engineer went to my brother for help, but he
couldn't provide any documentation to prove it had been produced by
the domestic plant that supposedly built it. Too bad, so sad - you'll
have to ask your local hardware store guy if he can fix or replace it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 16 Dec 2013 22:57:19 -0500, Wes Groleau
wrote:

On 12-16-2013, 08:15, Stormin Mormon wrote:
And, while class is in session. you're welcome
to plug your ipod charger into a subatomic
nuclear energy transfer source, to wit,
electric socket.

I don't think the hopping of electrons from one atom to another
should be called "nuclear."

Right. It's a nasty chemical thing.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 16 Dec 2013 08:46:03 -0500, Frank

[...]

No, TDD is correct. The reason "Nuclear" was dropped was PC/PR.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Moe DeLoughan writes:
Have you ever wondered what tools the guys who service MRI machines
with those giant magnets use? ^_^

http://intercon1978.com/hardy-mri-to...-3-t-tool-kit/

That's the list price, but nobody pays list. Well, if an individual
approached them about buying one item, that person would probably be
charged list.

The actual price will vary, depending on who's buying it.

As for why it costs so much, if for legal purposes the tools or parts

It costs so much because of the titanium metals used to make
all the tools. Small production runs, expensive materials & engineering.

These tools are all designed to work in 3 Tesla magnetic environments.

BTW you can find them cheaper than interconn1978 if you look around a bit.

Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

Have you ever wondered what tools the guys who service MRI machines with
those giant magnets use? ^_^

http://intercon1978.com/hardy-mri-to...-3-t-tool-kit/

TDD

Compared to this Snap-On looks like HF

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12-17-2013, 00:52, Irreverent Maximus wrote:
On 12/16/2013 9:58 PM, Wes Groleau wrote:

Tools: $400.00

Siemens name: $3000.00

Shipping $445.00 ?

LOL! Stop being so anal, you are hurting me.

Every time I see "I ANAL" on Usenet,
I am impressed that they are admitting it.