Posted to alt.home.repair

Default $ 3,845.00 Tool Kit, Just What Everyone Needs For Home Repair

On 12/16/2013 12:22 AM, Wes Groleau wrote:
On 12-15-2013, 17:58, The Daring Dufas wrote:
Have you ever wondered what tools the guys who service MRI machines
with those giant magnets use? ^_^

http://intercon1978.com/hardy-mri-to...-3-t-tool-kit/

OK, the tools have to be non-magnetic, so I understand a higher
price. But THAT price is completely ridiculous.

A friend of mine who worked on X-ray machines told me that a bolt or
screw that could be bought at any hardware store for ten cents, was $10
if it was for an X-ray machine because the paperwork outweighed the
piece of hardware. Like aerospace/military hardware, it had to be
approved and tested along with a paperwork trail. Perhaps he was
exaggerating but it was believable. If anyone reading the group has
experience working on medical equipment please chime in because my
experience is limited older not hospital owned equipment. I have
repaired an ultrasound machine for my doctor friend and it was an
interesting piece of gear. ^_^

TDD