Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

Default Battery Warranties

On Fri, 13 Sep 2013 19:20:48 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

Reminds me of my leaky coolant line on the van
transmission. I spliced in some new line, and
then it leaked a couple inches from the splice.
Finally ripped out the entire 30 plus inch length
of rotted line, and be done with it.

Wow. What's the price and labor difference between replacing 30" of
line vs. 6" of line? You saved yourself hundreds of dollars and days
of labor at a minimum.

Tell us about the rest of your survival preparations now.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

Default Transmission cooler hose was Battery Warranties

On 09/13/2013 07:20 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Reminds me of my leaky coolant line on the van
transmission. I spliced in some new line, and
then it leaked a couple inches from the splice.
Finally ripped out the entire 30 plus inch length
of rotted line, and be done with it.

Just be aware that transmission or oil cooler hose is NOT fuel line
despite outward appearance. Had a beat up old Dodge Dart once that ran
like a top but it lost a transmission and caught on fire because a
previous owner spliced the hard line with fuel line... it ran right by
the exhaust manifold/downpipe... whoops...

Also, when doing DIY splices of this nature, when clamping a line to a
hard line that doesn't have a hose barb on it, I put a little "bubble"
on the end with my double flaring tool to hold the line better, also
always use the high pressure "fuel injection" style hose clamps not worm
drive clamps...

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

Thank you, that is excellent advice. You are
so, so right.

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

On 9/16/2013 8:57 AM, Nate Nagel wrote:

Just be aware that transmission or oil cooler hose is NOT fuel line
despite outward appearance. Had a beat up old Dodge Dart once that ran
like a top but it lost a transmission and caught on fire because a
previous owner spliced the hard line with fuel line... it ran right by
the exhaust manifold/downpipe... whoops...

Also, when doing DIY splices of this nature, when clamping a line to a
hard line that doesn't have a hose barb on it, I put a little "bubble"
on the end with my double flaring tool to hold the line better, also
always use the high pressure "fuel injection" style hose clamps not worm
drive clamps...

nate

Worthless 1yr warranties Michael Kilpatrick[_2_] UK diy 46 July 9th 12 10:03 PM
cooker warranties TMC[_2_] UK diy 16 June 8th 12 05:43 PM
OT - Sam's Club warranties? Al Patrick Metalworking 28 August 2nd 08 12:08 AM
warranties stevie Home Repair 16 February 18th 06 04:48 AM
Supplier's Warranties sam-hood @ 1rogers.com Metalworking 1 January 13th 04 03:08 AM