Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Road side vigil

My niece had a friend killed in a car wreck last night, right outside
of town. People have set up a road side vigil with balloons and
flowers. We drove by, and were going to stop in the car and take a
picture. When we passed the site, either some family or friends, had
just crossed the road and were standing at the site. I told my niece
to take a picture, but she said it would have been disrespectful. I
didn't think so. I would think the people at the site would have
liked to have been included in the photo.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/20/2013 8:08 PM, Metspitzer wrote:
My niece had a friend killed in a car wreck last night, right outside
of town. People have set up a road side vigil with balloons and
flowers. We drove by, and were going to stop in the car and take a
picture. When we passed the site, either some family or friends, had
just crossed the road and were standing at the site. I told my niece
to take a picture, but she said it would have been disrespectful. I
didn't think so. I would think the people at the site would have
liked to have been included in the photo.

I imagine it was young person who was killed? It always strikes me as
tragic and very sad when a young life is snuffed out too soon. o_O

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/20/2013 9:08 PM, Metspitzer wrote:
My niece had a friend killed in a car wreck last night, right outside
of town. People have set up a road side vigil with balloons and
flowers. We drove by, and were going to stop in the car and take a
picture. When we passed the site, either some family or friends, had
just crossed the road and were standing at the site. I told my niece
to take a picture, but she said it would have been disrespectful. I
didn't think so. I would think the people at the site would have
liked to have been included in the photo.

Why? Would it be important to them to prove they were there?
They can just sign the guestbook at the funeral home.

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 20 Apr 2013 20:13:45 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 4/20/2013 8:08 PM, Metspitzer wrote:
My niece had a friend killed in a car wreck last night, right outside
of town. People have set up a road side vigil with balloons and
flowers. We drove by, and were going to stop in the car and take a
picture. When we passed the site, either some family or friends, had
just crossed the road and were standing at the site. I told my niece
to take a picture, but she said it would have been disrespectful. I
didn't think so. I would think the people at the site would have
liked to have been included in the photo.

I imagine it was young person who was killed? It always strikes me as
tragic and very sad when a young life is snuffed out too soon. o_O

Yes. She was in her early 20s. Her two kids were in the car. The 4
year old girl was killed and her 5 month son is in serious condition.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 20 Apr 2013 21:27:52 -0400, willshak
wrote:

On 4/20/2013 9:08 PM, Metspitzer wrote:
My niece had a friend killed in a car wreck last night, right outside
of town. People have set up a road side vigil with balloons and
flowers. We drove by, and were going to stop in the car and take a
picture. When we passed the site, either some family or friends, had
just crossed the road and were standing at the site. I told my niece
to take a picture, but she said it would have been disrespectful. I
didn't think so. I would think the people at the site would have
liked to have been included in the photo.

Why? Would it be important to them to prove they were there?
They can just sign the guestbook at the funeral home.

She ask me to take her by, and I did.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Metspitzer wrote:

Yes. She was in her early 20s. Her two kids were in the car.
The 4 year old girl was killed and her 5 month son is in serious
condition.

She's in her early 20's - and had a 4-year-old kid.

Real nice.

Where's the dad?

Wait - I already know the answer...
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 4/20/2013 8:08 PM, Metspitzer wrote:
My niece had a friend killed in a car wreck last night, right outside
of town. People have set up a road side vigil with balloons and
flowers. We drove by, and were going to stop in the car and take a
picture. When we passed the site, either some family or friends, had
just crossed the road and were standing at the site. I told my niece
to take a picture, but she said it would have been disrespectful. I
didn't think so. I would think the people at the site would have
liked to have been included in the photo.

I imagine it was young person who was killed? It always strikes me as
tragic and very sad when a young life is snuffed out too soon. o_O

Yes. She was in her early 20s. Her two kids were in the car. The 4
year old girl was killed and her 5 month son is in serious condition.

It always rips my heart out to hear of little children being harmed or
killed. o_O

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/20/2013 9:14 PM, Homo Gay wrote:
Metspitzer wrote:

Yes. She was in her early 20s. Her two kids were in the car.
The 4 year old girl was killed and her 5 month son is in serious
condition.

She's in her early 20's - and had a 4-year-old kid.

Real nice.

Where's the dad?

Wait - I already know the answer...

Just the kind of disrespectful point of view I'd expect to see from Homo
Gay. Crawl back under your snow covered rock Homo Gay. O_o

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, April 20, 2013 6:08:04 PM UTC-7, Metspitzer wrote:
My niece had a friend killed in a car wreck last night, right outside

of town. People have set up a road side vigil with balloons and

flowers. We drove by, and were going to stop in the car and take a

picture. When we passed the site, either some family or friends, had

just crossed the road and were standing at the site. I told my niece

to take a picture, but she said it would have been disrespectful. I

didn't think so. I would think the people at the site would have

liked to have been included in the photo.

What I learned at my age:
When we laid my grandmother to rest her headstone wasn’t ready.
When the headstone was placed there was some confusion
as to where exactly she was buried.
The first question that we were asked was if we had
any pictures during the burial.
Take lots of pictures, even in a burial, you may need them some day.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 20 Apr 2013 21:08:04 -0400, Metspitzer
wrote:

My niece had a friend killed in a car wreck last night, right outside
of town. People have set up a road side vigil with balloons and
flowers. We drove by, and were going to stop in the car and take a
picture. When we passed the site, either some family or friends, had
just crossed the road and were standing at the site. I told my niece
to take a picture, but she said it would have been disrespectful. I
didn't think so. I would think the people at the site would have
liked to have been included in the photo.

Is your niece going to distribute the photo? I suppose she's going to
post it on Facebook, which I think might be disrespectful. But let's
assume it's not. Are the people were standing there going to see it
on your niece's facebook site? Do they even know your niece?

Or are you saying the would have like to have been included in a photo
they will never see and will never know exists? If only this last
question has the answer Yes, that's not enough reason to include them.

If she thinks it's disrespectful, her opinion prevails, because a) she
was taking the picture and b) it's her friend who was killed,

If you are asking on an abolute basis, is it disrespecful? Well
clearly there is no simple answer that it's not, because your niece
disagrees. And you seem to disagree with the other answer. So
there is no one correct answer.

If you're asking, were i one of those standing there, would I find it
disrespectful for someone to take my picture there wihout asking me if
it is all right. Probably not, but it took a while to decide on that,
so I think others might say, Yes,I would. While the law permits
taking the picture of those on the street, that doesn't mean it's
always the right thing to do.

When I was in Guatamala in 1971, I was told the Indians didn't like
having their picture taken. Later, I saw a man in distinctive tribal
dress, including striped pants and other identifiable things that only
his tribe wore. He was coming towards me on the other side of a 2
lane road. We were both walking. I raised my camera, hesitated, and
then took his picture. I lowered the camera to crank the film, raised
it again and paused again. This time he waved me off. I'm pretty
sure he didn't mind one picture being taken, but two he thought was
too many.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

My niece keeps a scrap book and she takes a lot of pictures. I assume
the photo would end up in her scrap book as well as on her Facebook.
She didn't take the picture and I guess she was right. Better safe
than sorry.

If I were visiting a family or a friend's vigil, I wouldn't object to
being in photos.

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

Metspitzer wrote:

Yes. She was in her early 20s. Her two kids were in the car.
The 4 year old girl was killed and her 5 month son is in serious
condition.

She's in her early 20's - and had a 4-year-old kid.

Real nice.

Where's the dad?

Wait - I already know the answer...

Just the kind of disrespectful point of view I'd expect to see from Homo
Gay. Crawl back under your snow covered rock Homo Gay. O_o

TDD

Homo Guy shows not shame and will say anything to get attention.
Want to **** him off? Don't respond to him. Lot of his ilk haunt the ng's.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Metspitzer wrote:

Yes. She was in her early 20s. Her two kids were in the car.
The 4 year old girl was killed and her 5 month son is in serious
condition.

She's in her early 20's - and had a 4-year-old kid.

Real nice.

Where's the dad?

Wait - I already know the answer...

Just the kind of disrespectful point of view I'd expect to see from Homo
Gay. Crawl back under your snow covered rock Homo Gay. O_o

TDD

Homo Guy shows not shame and will say anything to get attention.
Want to **** him off? Don't respond to him. Lot of his ilk haunt the
ng's.

A young woman and her child lost their lives in a tragic accident and
Homo Gay comes along and thinks it's something to joke about. It made
me angry because the young woman is not here to defend herself. Our
Leftist friend from up North can call me all the names he/she/it wants
to and it won't bother me because I can return the favor, the young
woman who died can't. o_O

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas full-quoted:

A young woman and her child lost their lives in a tragic accident and
Home Guy comes along and thinks it's something to joke about.

There are two tragedies in this story.

Our Leftist friend from up North

How can I be a leftist by holding a dim view of teenage pregnancy?

How can I be a leftist by holding a dim view of households composed of
single moms?

Aren't leftists supposed to cheer and applaud such things?

Our Leftist friend from up North

How can I be a leftist when I berate you for become a big-gov't police
state?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/21/2013 12:33 PM, Homo Gay wrote:
The Daring Dufas full-quoted:

A young woman and her child lost their lives in a tragic accident and
Homo Gay comes along and thinks it's something to joke about.

There are two tragedies in this story.

Our Leftist friend from up North

How can I be a leftist by holding a dim view of teenage pregnancy?

How can I be a leftist by holding a dim view of households composed of
single moms?

Aren't leftists supposed to cheer and applaud such things?

Our Leftist friend from up North

How can I be a leftist when I berate you for become a big-gov't police
state?

Homo Gay, you spew an immense amount of hate in your posts which is fine
as long as it is directed at me, someone else who posts here, a
public figure or one of history's *******s. You have no idea of the
marital status of the young woman who lost her life, you just assumed.
Metspitzer wrote of a personal tragedy involving his niece, not a news
story. Your critical comments concerning the young woman were gauche
and uncalled for. She isn't here to defend herself so I will. Crawl back
under your rock Homo Gay. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

Homo Guy shows not shame and will say anything to get attention.
Want to **** him off? Don't respond to him. Lot of his ilk haunt the
ng's.

A young woman and her child lost their lives in a tragic accident and
Homo Gay comes along and thinks it's something to joke about. It made
me angry because the young woman is not here to defend herself. Our
Leftist friend from up North can call me all the names he/she/it wants
to and it won't bother me because I can return the favor, the young
woman who died can't. o_O

TDD

You don't get it but you (and everyone else who just can't can't wait to
go to the playground with "home guy") are giving him the attention he
can't get anywhere else. You can't reason with a nut and there is no
point in trying.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/22/2013 6:49 AM, George wrote:

Homo Guy shows not shame and will say anything to get attention.
Want to **** him off? Don't respond to him. Lot of his ilk haunt the
ng's.

A young woman and her child lost their lives in a tragic accident and
Homo Gay comes along and thinks it's something to joke about. It made
me angry because the young woman is not here to defend herself. Our
Leftist friend from up North can call me all the names he/she/it wants
to and it won't bother me because I can return the favor, the young
woman who died can't. o_O

TDD

You don't get it but you (and everyone else who just can't can't wait to
go to the playground with "home guy") are giving him the attention he
can't get anywhere else. You can't reason with a nut and there is no
point in trying.

But it's fun to bitch slap a penishead like him. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 4/20/2013 9:08 PM, Metspitzer wrote:
My niece had a friend killed in a car wreck last night, right outside
of town. People have set up a road side vigil with balloons and
flowers. We drove by, and were going to stop in the car and take a
picture. When we passed the site, either some family or friends, had
just crossed the road and were standing at the site. I told my niece
to take a picture, but she said it would have been disrespectful. I
didn't think so. I would think the people at the site would have
liked to have been included in the photo.

Why? Would it be important to them to prove they were there?
They can just sign the guestbook at the funeral home.

She ask me to take her by, and I did.

I was talking about the inclusion of the people in the photo.

"I would think the people at the site would have
liked to have been included in the photo".

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
In the original Orange County. Est. 1683

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

It always tore my heart out to have to see and try to help little
children being harmed or killed.

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
In the original Orange County. Est. 1683
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 4/20/2013 9:08 PM, Metspitzer wrote:
My niece had a friend killed in a car wreck last night, right outside
of town. People have set up a road side vigil with balloons and
flowers. We drove by, and were going to stop in the car and take a
picture. When we passed the site, either some family or friends, had
just crossed the road and were standing at the site. I told my niece
to take a picture, but she said it would have been disrespectful. I
didn't think so. I would think the people at the site would have
liked to have been included in the photo.

Why? Would it be important to them to prove they were there?
They can just sign the guestbook at the funeral home.

She ask me to take her by, and I did.

I was talking about the inclusion of the people in the photo.

"I would think the people at the site would have
liked to have been included in the photo".

Nothing about the photo would be "important." Taking the photo,
leaving flowers or being at the site are a show of devotion. If
someone happens to be at the site, I don't see why being represented
in someone else's memories would be objectionable.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 07:17:34 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 4/22/2013 6:49 AM, George wrote:

Homo Guy shows not shame and will say anything to get attention.
Want to **** him off? Don't respond to him. Lot of his ilk haunt the
ng's.

A young woman and her child lost their lives in a tragic accident and
Homo Gay comes along and thinks it's something to joke about. It made
me angry because the young woman is not here to defend herself. Our
Leftist friend from up North can call me all the names he/she/it wants
to and it won't bother me because I can return the favor, the young
woman who died can't. o_O

TDD

You don't get it but you (and everyone else who just can't can't wait to
go to the playground with "home guy") are giving him the attention he
can't get anywhere else. You can't reason with a nut and there is no
point in trying.

Quite like you, George.

But it's fun to bitch slap a penishead like him. ^_^

Quite like "George".
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, April 20, 2013 9:08:04 PM UTC-4, Metspitzer wrote:
My niece had a friend killed in a car wreck last night, right outside
of town. People have set up a road side vigil with balloons and
flowers. We drove by, and were going to stop in the car and take a
picture. When we passed the site, either some family or friends, had
just crossed the road and were standing at the site. I told my niece
to take a picture, but she said it would have been disrespectful. I
didn't think so. I would think the people at the site would have
liked to have been included in the photo.

Since these roadside memorials are generally erected at the place the accident occurred, and the accidents usually occur on dangerous stretches of road, how smart were these people? How smart were you, rubbernecking and arguing about taking pictures instead of concentrating on negotiating that dangerous stretch of highway with pedestrians present?

Mark my words, there will be a second roadside memorial for the idiot that got killed stopping to look at the first roadside memorial.
Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas wrote:

You don't get it but you (and everyone else who just can't can't
wait to go to the playground with "home guy")

But it's fun to bitch slap a penishead like him.

If that's what you think you're doing - if that's what turns your
crank. Typical american redneck mentality.

Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas wrote:

Our Leftist friend from up North

How can I be a leftist by holding a dim view of teenage pregnancy?

How can I be a leftist by holding a dim view of households composed
of single moms?

Aren't leftists supposed to cheer and applaud such things?

Our Leftist friend from up North

How can I be a leftist when I berate you for becoming a big-gov't
police state?

Home Guy, I'm going to be a complete coward and evade your questions
by not answering them, because I have no backbone, and I'm not
intelligent enough to formulate coherent answers to your astute
questions. I'm sorry I responded in such a juvenile way to your
post.

Apology accepted. Don't be a dink next time.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/22/2013 4:18 PM, Homo Gay wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:

Our Leftist friend from up North

How can I be a leftist by holding a dim view of teenage pregnancy?

How can I be a leftist by holding a dim view of households composed
of single moms?

Aren't leftists supposed to cheer and applaud such things?

Our Leftist friend from up North

How can I be a leftist when I berate you for becoming a big-gov't
police state?

Home Guy, I'm going to be a complete coward and evade your questions
by not answering them, because I have no backbone, and I'm not
intelligent enough to formulate coherent answers to your astute
questions. I'm sorry I responded in such a juvenile way to your
post.

Apology accepted. Don't be a dink next time.

Homo Gay, how silly of you to rewrite a response you didn't like but
that's the Leftist way. Rewrite history, rewrite the meaning of words
and alter anything you don't like. I remember Newspeak from the book
1984 and it would be perfect for you Homo Gay and those of your ilk.
Keep trying to alter things Homo Gay. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/22/2013 4:15 PM, Homo Gay wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:

You don't get it but you (and everyone else who just can't can't
wait to go to the playground with "home guy")

But it's fun to bitch slap a penishead like him.

If that's what you think you're doing - if that's what turns your
crank. Typical american redneck mentality.

Nice to see you admit to being a penishead Homo Gay, eh? ^_^

TDD