Posted to alt.home.repair
metspitzer metspitzer is offline

Default OT Road side vigil

On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 10:51:12 -0400, willshak
wrote:

On 4/20/2013 10:07 PM, Metspitzer wrote:
On Sat, 20 Apr 2013 21:27:52 -0400, willshak
wrote:

On 4/20/2013 9:08 PM, Metspitzer wrote:
My niece had a friend killed in a car wreck last night, right outside
of town. People have set up a road side vigil with balloons and
flowers. We drove by, and were going to stop in the car and take a
picture. When we passed the site, either some family or friends, had
just crossed the road and were standing at the site. I told my niece
to take a picture, but she said it would have been disrespectful. I
didn't think so. I would think the people at the site would have
liked to have been included in the photo.

Why? Would it be important to them to prove they were there?
They can just sign the guestbook at the funeral home.

She ask me to take her by, and I did.

I was talking about the inclusion of the people in the photo.

"I would think the people at the site would have
liked to have been included in the photo".

Nothing about the photo would be "important." Taking the photo,
leaving flowers or being at the site are a show of devotion. If
someone happens to be at the site, I don't see why being represented
in someone else's memories would be objectionable.