Posted to alt.home.repair

Default GE Side by Side Refrigerator Freezer Door Disassembly (Ice Maker Controls)

I have a GE TFX27FLL (1990 model year) side by side refrigerator. The
ice and water dispenser are in the door. The mechnism is mechanical
(mechanical/manual [a seperate plunger for each feature]). The ice
dispenser fails to operate when depressed. Initially the dispenser flap
failed to reseat after use. Now operating the plunger fails to energize
the dispenser. The dispenser is free when operated by hand. The
mechnism in the back of the freezer compartment that operates the ice
worm drive rotates when turned by hand. I suspect the problem is with
the mechanical/manual plunger mechnism within the freezer door. My main
question is, must I get to the mechnism from the inside or outside of
the door. In either case are there fasteners for the trim or is it all
spring clips or some other type of clip that simply need to be pried
out. Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Go to www3.sears.com
Enter your model number.

You'll find exploded parts diagrams and descriptions.

-Tim