Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Why Can't You Lay Refrigerator Down??

On Wed, 6 Jan 2016 09:49:31 -0600, philo wrote:

It's illegal to dispose of a refrigerator unless the door is off

Some utilities will pay you ~$50 and they pick it up. Mine is now on
hold for now, due to legal concerns.

Refrigerator Recycling

https://www.nvenergy.com/home/saveenergy/rebates/refrigeratorrecycling.cfm
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 6 Jan 2016 09:49:31 -0600
philo wrote:

On 01/06/2016 08:41 AM, wrote:
Also, laying down an abandoned refrigerator
might make it harder for a trapped child to
get out of - due to weight of the door. No
one here thought of that.

It's illegal to dispose of a refrigerator unless the door is off

Nonsense.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, January 6, 2016 at 2:31:53 PM UTC-5, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 6 Jan 2016 09:49:31 -0600, philo wrote:

It's illegal to dispose of a refrigerator unless the door is off

Some utilities will pay you ~$50 and they pick it up. Mine is now on
hold for now, due to legal concerns.

Refrigerator Recycling

https://www.nvenergy.com/home/saveenergy/rebates/refrigeratorrecycling.cfm

My utility ran a rebate program to get old, inefficient refrigerators replaced/recycled.

If you bought a new fridge and had them pick up your old one, they would take the
old away for free and give you some kind of rebate on the cost of a new one. The only
restriction was that the old and new fridges had to be a minimum size, I think 10 cu ft.

I didn't qualify because my old basement fridge was just under the minimum. When
I asked them about the size limit, they said something about the efficiency differential
between old and new at the small sizes wasn't large enough to make much of a
difference. It was a while ago and I honestly don't remember the exact reason, but
I still have the old 9.5 cu ft, internal freezer fridge in the basement.

Refrigerator Bill Noble[_2_] Metalworking 5 June 25th 09 10:33 PM
Refrigerator Pt. 2 Steve Kraus Home Repair 8 May 31st 09 08:00 PM
Refrigerator Roger Home Repair 5 February 25th 06 12:46 PM
Refrigerator JasmynJade Home Repair 9 November 22nd 05 01:31 AM
sub zero 550 refrigerator ryan Home Repair 3 July 27th 04 12:11 AM