Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair

Default The Ante of Design..... and whoyakidding's delusions....

Awl --

I thought the subthread with the semi-asstute-but-still-deluded Whoyakidding
should get its own thread, cuz it's a really important topic, imo butt
another facet of Le Pubic's Global Ass****ing. .

===============================

Moi:

there are plenty of
RCMers/AMCers/AHRers who could build a "servicable" (ie, not luxurious)
electric car. One even built one already.

And I never laid claim to that idea being *practical* -- I simply
mentioned
it metaphorically

Whoyakidding:

Well if we're only limited metaphorically then why stop at EVs? Might
as well say we could all build folding 12V jetpacks to carry in our
submarines.

i if you will, to make the point that the BigfuknAuto (and
gummint) is making much ado about sumpn fundamentally simple. If you want
10 fukn air bags and teleporting navigation, then yeah, that might be
tough
for an RCMer, but if you want a vehicle that can go from point A to point
real cheap, then plenty here could do it.

Not for anything marketable there isn't.

And herein lies the crux of the issue, elaborated on below, after clearing
up butt another of 'Kidding's delusions.

Certainly not Gunner or any
of the others with similar "virtual" qualifications. Now if you're
talking about glorified gocarts or whatever, then I'd have to see the
details. If it's axles attached with bent over nails etc, then OK. If
it's lithium batteries and hub motors and crash certification, then
you need to lay off whatever you're smoking. If it's something in the
middle, like a conversion with lead acid batteries, then what's the
holdup? Build it already and show GM what a bunch of chumps they are.

O please, cut the strawman bull****.....

And Big Auto apparently CANNOT do it -- or won't -- economically,

Real companies build what the market will buy. The market has dictated
safety cocoons, power everything, long warranties, etc. Regardless,
unless you can show that eliminating airbags is cost effective for
society overall, then it's a stupid point to harp on. The small
percentage of buyers who'd opt out of airbags if they could are
probably the most likely to run up a ridiculous hospital bill after a
minor crash. You need to wake up to the reality that the Gunners of
the world merely sign up for vehicle insurance. They don't actually
keep it current and there are increasing numbers of drivers without
coverage. Forcing air bags on them saves the rest us a ****ing
fortune.

A bit of a digression, but an important one, that eventually also comes full
circle to The Design Ante:

A likely false assertion. The cost of medical care isn't "incremental"
on a case-by-case basis.
The fact that hospitals then BILL us up the ass for procedures has
ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THE COSTS ACTUALLY INCURRED BY SED HOSPITAL.
Precisely because of the notion of fixed vs. variable costs.
Medical """costs""" are a TOTAL CONJOB, being used to rip off the whole of
our economy, and eviscerate the finances of the working class.
And the "real" medical costs that DO exist are ALSO a victim of The Design
Ante, where MILLIONS are spent on machines to simply displace a few workers.

But NOW, the hospital is now that machine mfr's BITCH, forever. Pay to fix
the machine, mutha****a, or watch the hospital shut down. And pay
exhorbitantly. And pay forever. And **** the displaced employees who would
NOT have broken down.... mebbe a sick day here and there.... lol

And you can surmise this from their bull**** billing. I was given a $7,000
dental bill, by accident. That same bill went to my insurance company --
$239.00. Hilarious, eh?
Now, had I not been covered, those mutha****as would in fact be dunning me
for $7,000.
Oh, our COSTS, our COSTS..... yeah, right.....

the fact that there is 1/100 the mechanical complexity in an electric than
in an ICE.

That is a stupid claim that you won't support with anything other than
more stupid claims.

Now for the crux of the Design Ante:

That is a *transparently OBVIOUS* claim to ANYONE who has removed -- or
made -- a crankshaft, fergodsakes.
Or taken apart a transmission. You ever take apart a transmission????? If
you have, and you still don't see the obviousness of this assertion, then
you need much more detox than I originally thought.

Now, sure, there's some subtler technology, as well, such as in battery
chemistry, and I hope yer not so 'luded up as to think I was talking about
RCMers mixing their own battery paste.
So, what, the Volt is $5000 for the car, and $40,000 for the
batteries????????

From your previous above points, here's what you and your gummint-fellating
ilk don't get.

In 1974, half the fukn world was driving around in a 42 or 54 hp air-cooled
2,000# beetle, that did perfectly fine in an era when 55 mph signs existed
only on windy side-roads. So what happened?

Well, assholes like you decided that their fukn Goth-to-be ****ty li'l
babies needed BABY-ON-BOARD signs in every fukn car window in Merka, with 35
cupholdes, 10 airbags, and 64 bit navigation -- cuz, I can only surmise, Le
Pubic is too fukn stupid to read a printed fuknMAP -- and the "ante of
bull**** engineering" went stratospheric, so that, in a number of senses,
you are right.
RCMers -- NOR ANYONE ELSE -- couldn't even think about bringing such
gratuitously technology-inflated products to market.

Fuuuuuck, John Z DELOREAN couldn't bring his product to
market!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! An assertion which you conveniently ig'd.
How Tesla finagled it, idk, but, hey, timing (and graft) is everything......

So you tell me, O Mighty DeeZine Sage and Manufacturing Wizard:

Exactly WHY was the 1974 54 hp beetle good enough then -- and good enough
for 1/2 the driving world -- but it's **** now?
Can you imagine the mpg of that car, with a decent motor in it? I'm sure
we'd be talking 70 mpg with a pure ICE, and much higher with any
hybridization.

Well, I'll tell you why the 1974 Beetle is not good enough for you or anyone
else now, in 2013.

Because you and Le Pubic have been so simultaneously mind****ed AND
ass****ed, when you sit down for your morning cereal, you don't know whether
to insert the spoonfuls of cereal in your mouth, or in your ass.
The ambivalent proly alternate. Hey, why not??

Altho the Prius c is starting to get there.

As far as Wrangler peeple being able to afford a volt, why not stick
Mercedes in there, as well?

Why don't YOU admit that neither the price nor the tech is the reason
you're not buying an EV. What you're really after is a PITS Mark 1.
Those are already available at www.pieinthesky.com.

Oh, so yer a psychoANAList now??
And why, *exactly*, am I not buying an EV????

Hmmmm, could it be cuz I already got two cars??????? AND that I drive MUCH
less than the avg person?
Heh, NYC subways, donchaknow...... all-electric subways, I might add....
lol.
Could it be that I'm just a li'l tapped right now, from the Haas GR510
that's coming in two weeks?? AND my bustid effing Fadal?? Hmmmmm??????

If I could justify it in any way, I'd buy the Volt in a HEARTBEAT.
Which should have been clear to even the krw assholes leaving their mouse
droppings in the previous thread.

I'm going to restart that thread with some new calcs, which will basically
show that on a MPG basis, the Volt makes sense in only selected low-kWhr
rate areas. And even then, it will have a miserably long ROI compared to
budget ICE cars, like the Fit, Versa, Yaris, others. KBB is fulla**** in
their cost-to-own analysis.

In high kWhr areas, the Volt will be just another semi-decently -- and
overpriced -- efficient ICE car.
'tis what 'tis.

I could go on about the Ante of Design, and how the hundreds of millions of
people who start the digestion prcess via their anuses make life REALLY
difficult for people who are still lucid enough to put the cereal spoon in
their mouths, but that's its own thread as well.

Look up Monster Cables (via Radio Shack), to see how self-absorbed
audiophiles were conned into believing that gold plated RCA-to-RCA cables,
with fancy insulation, at $100 per pair, would give them better fidelity --
vs. the 49c generic cables -- just as a start.

Then Donny Deutsch, on his bull**** Big Idea, featured dat ripoff conman as
a Great Entreepreeneer.....
**** Radio Shack, **** Monster Cable, **** dat womanizing but still a
closeted fagit Donny Deutsch.
--
EA

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair

On Wed, 27 Feb 2013 09:28:59 -0500, "Existential Angst"
wrote:

[...]

From your previous above points, here's what you and your gummint-fellating
[...]

Until a few years ago, many, if not most, EVs were home-built. A
popular one was a VW Rabbit with 18 lead-acid batteries and a surplus
series-wound DC motor ($4,000 used and rebuilt from an EV supplier),
with several alternative speed controllers (usually choppers) and a
standard, manual transmission.

There was one in my town in the late '80s. A retired landscaper built
it. He said he had a 20-mile range, which was about twice what he
actually used.

I never rode in it but I was following behind him in town a couple of
times. It seemed to accelerate just fine.

One of the most advanced EVs around, maybe six or eight years ago, was
a home-built, converted Honda CRX. It had a big bank of small
lithium-ion batteries, like the Tesla, and (this is what made it so
advanced) a really large bank of supercaps. They were for acceleration
and hill climbing, which was spectacular. The guy who built it had a
strong EE background.

Basic, lead-acid homebuilts are simple. You could (and maybe you still
can) buy everything in a kit, for VW Rabbits and Golfs, for less than
$10,000. They aren't going to satisfy any market except the market of
enthusiasts, but they're completely practical if you just need a
commuter for short hops. That's how most cars in this country are
used, anyway.

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair

On Wed, 27 Feb 2013 09:53:07 -0500, Ed Huntress
wrote:

snip

Until a few years ago, many, if not most, EVs were home-built. A
popular one was a VW Rabbit with 18 lead-acid batteries and a surplus
series-wound DC motor ($4,000 used and rebuilt from an EV supplier),
with several alternative speed controllers (usually choppers) and a
standard, manual transmission.

I meant to say "8 to 18 batteries." For the electric motors mentioned
below, you want at least 94 volts.

I don't recall how many batteries were in the Rabbit that used to
cruise around my town.

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

From your previous above points, here's what you and your
gummint-fellating
[...]

Like Gummer??

Basic, lead-acid homebuilts are simple. You could (and maybe you still
can) buy everything in a kit, for VW Rabbits and Golfs, for less than
$10,000.

And even that is a bit of a pill!
At 30 mpg gas only, that's 13c/mi, with $4 gas.
Suppose the electric cost is 5c/mi. If I've calc'd correckly, you'd have to
drive 125,000 miles to break even. At least.

They aren't going to satisfy any market except the market of
enthusiasts, but they're completely practical if you just need a
commuter for short hops. That's how most cars in this country are
used, anyway.

Except for mall sprawl.
And the hapless PA peeple driving to work in NYC everyday.
Heh, southern NJ to NYC is no joke either.

But, you make my point (I think) that EVs need not be fuknRocket Science....
never mind $45,000 rocket science.

But Ed, earlier you said charging batteries was 97% efficient.
I've read different -- much different -- and the "proof" would seem to be
the extensive ventilation or outright cooling these Li batts need, during
operation AND charging. This heat would seem to be almost analogous to the
waste heat of IC engines!!! Mebbe it could be used to heat the cabin, in
winter?? LOL

I too thought batt charging was super effic, but not with batts producing so
much heat they gotta be cooled!
--
EA

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair

On Wed, 27 Feb 2013 09:28:59 -0500, "Existential Angst"
wrote:

summary, so far

- wants EV, doesn't want EV

- modern EV should aspire to be '74 Beetle

- car companies stupid, RCM smart

- public needs to step up thinking to 6th grade level

- mind****ing prevalent

- medical costs: pfffft

- breaking news: Monster cables overpriced

Looking forward to the next installment...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair

On Wed, 27 Feb 2013 10:53:11 -0500, "Existential Angst"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

From your previous above points, here's what you and your
[...]

But all you need to service it is some carbon brushes and a squirt can
of spindle oil. Oh, you'll need brakes and tires.

They aren't going to satisfy any market except the market of
enthusiasts, but they're completely practical if you just need a
commuter for short hops. That's how most cars in this country are
used, anyway.

Except for mall sprawl.
And the hapless PA peeple driving to work in NYC everyday.

They aren't hapless. They're hopeless. My former neighbor moved to the
Poconos and commuted to One Penn Plaza. It helped that he was CEO of a
chemical company and had a private garage under his office.

Heh, southern NJ to NYC is no joke either.

You have to be truly crazy to commute to NYC by car from any place
south of Toms River. That is, even more crazy than anyone commuting to
NYC from NJ by car for any reason.

But, you make my point (I think) that EVs need not be fuknRocket Science....
never mind $45,000 rocket science.

But Ed, earlier you said charging batteries was 97% efficient.

I wasn't aware that I said that, but that is the quoted figure for
lithium-ion. For lead-acid, it's around 50%.

I've read different -- much different -- and the "proof" would seem to be
the extensive ventilation or outright cooling these Li batts need, during
operation AND charging. This heat would seem to be almost analogous to the
waste heat of IC engines!!! Mebbe it could be used to heat the cabin, in
winter?? LOL

I too thought batt charging was super effic, but not with batts producing so
much heat they gotta be cooled!

I suspect that faster charging results in more IR^2 loss. The 97%
figure may be for a slow charge. That doesn';t sound right, though;
the amp-hours should be the same...oh, nuts, I'm not doing any more
thinking. I did that last night figuring out how much high explosive
Gunner needed to go 264 mph. d8-)

'Don't know, but it's something that would be better to research than
to speculate about here.

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair

On Wed, 27 Feb 2013 11:03:19 -0500, Ed Huntress
wrote:

snip

I suspect that faster charging results in more IR^2 loss.

Duh....rhat's I^2 * R loss.

No more thinking today! I'm on strike, and the brain is not working
anyway!

The 97%
figure may be for a slow charge. That doesn';t sound right, though;
the amp-hours should be the same...oh, nuts, I'm not doing any more
thinking. I did that last night figuring out how much high explosive
Gunner needed to go 264 mph. d8-)

'Don't know, but it's something that would be better to research than
to speculate about here.

....for someone else to research. I'm on strike.

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair

wrote:

summary, so far

- wants EV, doesn't want EV

- modern EV should aspire to be '74 Beetle

- car companies stupid, RCM smart

- public needs to step up thinking to 6th grade level

- mind****ing prevalent

- medical costs: pfffft

- breaking news: Monster cables overpriced

Looking forward to the next installment...

LOL!!! Perty good summary.... for a bipolar.

I'm working on the next install now.
But before you can productively read it, you'll need to check these out:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/links/detoxcenters.html

Among the dozens of cites is Oasis:

"We welcome you to Oasis Pompano Beach, an open-minded and caring facility
that specializes in helping addicts overcome their substance abuse and
addiction. Our loving and caring staff aims to aid you in detoxing in a way
that is best for you; all the while ensuring that you remain as comfortable
as possible during this entire process. At Oasis Detox we understand your
need for rest and refreshment. Life can be overwhelming. Oasis provides the
ideal environment to gather strength for the journey"

EA will hold you, as well, if you need it.
--
EA

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair

wrote:

summary, so far

- wants EV, doesn't want EV

- modern EV should aspire to be '74 Beetle

- car companies stupid, RCM smart

- public needs to step up thinking to 6th grade level

- mind****ing prevalent

- medical costs: pfffft

- breaking news: Monster cables overpriced

Looking forward to the next installment...

LOL!!! Perty good summary.... for a bipolar.

I'm working on the next install now.

I'm hoping it will be somewhat more accepting of reality for a change.

But before you can productively read it, you'll need to check these out:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/links/detoxcenters.html

hopes dashed I need to find something to get me really high if I'm
going to wade through much more of your ranting. Anyway, good to know
that you'll be doing something productive cough while I'm driving my
Volt today. If I get a chance to whoosh away from a belching pickup at
a stoplight, I'll drink a bottled water toast you and all the other
brave souls who are dedicated to ****ing into the wind.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair

wrote:

. ..
wrote:

[...]

From your previous above points, here's what you and your
[...]

I didn't know lead-acid was that low!

By virtual thermodynamic definition, if sumpn is only 50% efficient, the
other half is going off as heat.
But lead acids don't even that hot, unless yer really zapping them.
So if they are that inefficient -- and dats without a dedicated cooling
system -- then I can't imagine Li is that much better. And yeah, fast
charging dudn't help.

I suspect that 97% Li figure is just greenie/industry jive. If that were
true, heat wouldn't be an issue, by definition.
--
EA

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Well, Moi's pickup don't belch.... And no surprise that you are such a
competitive gloating asshole.
And, lessee, just how many lathes, 4x8's, pounds of 12' aluminum bar, and
pallets of concrete (dats right, PALLETS) can your Volt carry????
Zero, did you say??????

The good thing about being in such desperate need of detox is that you don't
realize what it -- heh, or your fuknVolt -- is costing you.

My Fit is costing me half of what your Volt is costing you, even after yer
tax credit.
And just wait 'til you need a repair..... any hope of ANY ROI will go out
the window.

Yeah, the Volt is cool, I don't deny it's a very good car (I've said so),
and I wish I had one......
BUT not if it dudn't make sense.

And yeah, you got ONE thing right: EVs -- and ALL cars -- should aspire to
the '74 Beetle, at least in some measure.
Too bad you took yer toys away, and punked out of the discussion.
Typical.
--
EA

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

From your previous above points, here's what you and your
[...]

Two points, and then I'm going to stop thinking for the day: First,
the distribution of heat between the charger and battery will depend
on their relative internal resistances (ask Terrell, if your stomach
is in good shape. Or ask Dan Caster.)

Second, the energy density of a lead-acid battery is much lower than
for a Li-ion, so the surface temp of the battery will be lower for a
given amount of waste heat.

thinking OFF

So if they are that inefficient -- and dats without a dedicated cooling
system -- then I can't imagine Li is that much better. And yeah, fast
charging dudn't help.

I suspect that 97% Li figure is just greenie/industry jive. If that were
true, heat wouldn't be an issue, by definition.

It varies for all batteries between top and bottom of charge, losses
in the charger versus the battery, etc. You're on your own. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair

Existential Angst wrote:

Exactly WHY was the 1974 54 hp beetle good enough then -- and good
enough
for 1/2 the driving world -- but it's **** now?
Can you imagine the mpg of that car, with a decent motor in it? I'm sure
we'd be talking 70 mpg with a pure ICE, and much higher with any
hybridization.

There was a guy a few years ago selling his Honda Insight (hybrid)
on eBay, and he had a picture of the dashboard display, I think it was 86
MPG averaged over the 130,000 miles on the car. This was a stock
production vehicle, although it was obvious he actually knew how to drive it
for good economy.

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Well, Moi's pickup don't belch....

Mine doesn't either, particularly since I keep it parked as much as
possible. But a lot of the 4X4 diesels favored by the "sport" crowd
do.

And no surprise that you are such a
competitive gloating asshole.

I do tend to get competitive when jerks are trying to weave in and out
of bumper to bumper traffic in order to fill the tragically empty half
a car length space in front of me. I love to smugly leave that type of
guy standing still at the light. Yeah we're not going to get far from
one another in traffic but it gives my wife something to complain
about which is good because otherwise she'd get bored with my
perfection.

And, lessee, just how many lathes, 4x8's, pounds of 12' aluminum bar, and
pallets of concrete (dats right, PALLETS) can your Volt carry????
Zero, did you say??????

You forgot to end that sentence with hmmmmmm.

I DID ask about concrete pallet hauling at the Chevy dealer and they
told me it was OK so long as I put the lathe on the roof. They also
offered a money back guarantee if my hauling ability was ever bested
by a '74 Beetle.

My Fit

Arf arf. After all your nonsense about a Beetle being all anybody
needs, you bought something with two and a half as many doors and an
extra 500 pounds of worthless dead weight? And what's with the ****ing
CVT? I don't remember those from '74! Anyway, how about posting a
picture of it hauling "lathes, 4x8's, pounds of 12' aluminum bar, and
pallets of concrete."

is costing me half of what your Volt is costing you, even after yer
tax credit.

One of my buddies (whose net worth is about twice mine) buys his cars
at auction, fixes them himself in the cheapest possible manner, and
drives them into the ground. But HE is smart enough not to compare his
apples to my oranges, or pretend he wants an EV even though he never
has. Nor would he attempt to redefine "want" as "if somebody buys it
for me."

And just wait 'til you need a repair..... any hope of ANY ROI will go out
the window.

Your laundry list of excuses is telling. You really jumped the shark
with the lathe hauling horse****. I no longer believe you could afford
a good used '74 VW.

**** me. Make up your mind.

BUT not if it dudn't make sense.

And yeah, you got ONE thing right: EVs -- and ALL cars -- should aspire to
the '74 Beetle, at least in some measure.
Too bad you took yer toys away, and punked out of the discussion.
Typical.

You got to sit there ranting yesterday while I was stuck driving the
Volt on a lakeshore highway on the way to a tool store? You lucky
*******!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair

wrote:

m...
wrote:

[...]

Did I already mention delusions, and the need for rehab/detox??
I think I should post that link agaih.... Oasis Rehab, was it?? LOL

And, lessee, just how many lathes, 4x8's, pounds of 12' aluminum bar, and
pallets of concrete (dats right, PALLETS) can your Volt carry????
Zero, did you say??????

You forgot to end that sentence with hmmmmmm.

Indeed I did!!!
Yer one fer detail.... which is good, cuz you shore cain't get the concept,
or big picture.

I DID ask about concrete pallet hauling at the Chevy dealer and they
told me it was OK so long as I put the lathe on the roof. They also
offered a money back guarantee if my hauling ability was ever bested
by a '74 Beetle.

My Fit

Arf arf. After all your nonsense about a Beetle being all anybody
needs, you bought something with two and a half as many doors and an
extra 500 pounds of worthless dead weight? And what's with the ****ing
CVT? I don't remember those from '74! Anyway, how about posting a
picture of it hauling "lathes, 4x8's, pounds of 12' aluminum bar, and
pallets of concrete."

Hmmmm..... that's why I have a pickup?? Get it?? FUNCTION????
Repeat after me:
Honder Fit for commuting, saving gas,
Nissan crewcab Pickup for hauling, and waving my dick....

OK, now YOU say it......

is costing me half of what your Volt is costing you, even after yer
tax credit.

One of my buddies (whose net worth is about twice mine) buys his cars
at auction, fixes them himself in the cheapest possible manner, and
drives them into the ground. But HE is smart enough not to compare his
apples to my oranges, or pretend he wants an EV even though he never
has. Nor would he attempt to redefine "want" as "if somebody buys it
for me."

And just wait 'til you need a repair..... any hope of ANY ROI will go out
the window.

Your laundry list of excuses is telling. You really jumped the shark
with the lathe hauling horse****.

But, see, YOU were the one bleating about leaving pickups in the dust.
I simply pointed out the apples/oranges thing.... which you STILL confuse.

I no longer believe you could afford
a good used '74 VW.

Right now, I can't. New Haas GR510, bustid fadal. What can I say....

Yeah, the Volt is cool, I don't deny it's a very good car (I've said so),
and I wish I had one......

**** me. Make up your mind.

No mind to make up. Newsflash: simply looking at pro's/con's, ROI.
I know, tough to keep track of alladat, without going into astigmatic
paroxysms.

BUT not if it dudn't make sense.

And yeah, you got ONE thing right: EVs -- and ALL cars -- should aspire
the '74 Beetle, at least in some measure.
Too bad you took yer toys away, and punked out of the discussion.
Typical.

You got to sit there ranting yesterday while I was stuck driving the
Volt on a lakeshore highway on the way to a tool store? You lucky
*******!

In a plaid suit, ascot, and derby, no doubt. Did you get the convertible??
What a dick.....
--
EA

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair

whoyakidding's ghost wrote:

I do tend to get competitive when jerks are trying to weave in and out
of bumper to bumper traffic in order to fill the tragically empty half
a car length space in front of me. I love to smugly leave that type of
guy standing still at the light. Yeah we're not going to get far from
one another in traffic but it gives my wife something to complain
about which is good because otherwise she'd get bored with my
perfection.

Take no note of the person who squeezes in front of you. Chances are, in a
minute or so, he'll be gone squeezing in front of someone else, while you
return to the regular order.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair

On Thu, 28 Feb 2013 15:55:32 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:

whoyakidding's ghost wrote:

I do tend to get competitive when jerks are trying to weave in and out
of bumper to bumper traffic in order to fill the tragically empty half
a car length space in front of me. I love to smugly leave that type of
guy standing still at the light. Yeah we're not going to get far from
one another in traffic but it gives my wife something to complain
about which is good because otherwise she'd get bored with my
perfection.

Take no note of the person who squeezes in front of you. Chances are, in a
minute or so, he'll be gone squeezing in front of someone else, while you
return to the regular order.

The trouble is that if it's anywhere in front of me, then I get to
fall back a notch with each jammer. And when people see that jamming
in works, they do it as well. If you look for the effect at really
busy offramps, you might note dozens of people who got over when they
were supposed to, stopped permanently while the jammers flow onto the
ramp without delay.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair

wrote:

whoyakidding's ghost wrote:

[...]

And YOU are going to teach them ALL a lesson, eh??
--
EA

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
whoyakidding's ghost wrote:

I do tend to get competitive when jerks are trying to weave in and out
of bumper to bumper traffic in order to fill the tragically empty half
a car length space in front of me. I love to smugly leave that type of
guy standing still at the light. Yeah we're not going to get far from
one another in traffic but it gives my wife something to complain
about which is good because otherwise she'd get bored with my
perfection.

Take no note of the person who squeezes in front of you. Chances are, in a
minute or so, he'll be gone squeezing in front of someone else, while you
return to the regular order.

My brother drives that way. We often leave together (loads of grand kids) to
the same destination. On average with a 45 min trip he's there 3 to 5 min
sooner. He's typically wound up like an eight day clock and his grand kids
and the rest of the family avoid him.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair

On Fri, 01 Mar 2013 16:46:53 -0800, wrote:

wrote:

whoyakidding's ghost wrote:

[...]

The main thing I teach jerks at stoplights is that two footed pedal
application and average reflexes can leave the "badest" vehicle far
behind. It's all the better when the student gets to see the fearsome
word "Volt" facing him from the far side of the intersection. And it's
only fair that since I have to listen to my wife saying "stop doing
that", that there could be a female passenger in the badster saying "I
thought you said your truck was powerful."

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair

wrote:

whoyakidding's ghost wrote:

[...]

You weren't held much as a child, were you? goodgawd.....
--
EA

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair

wrote:

whoyakidding's ghost wrote:

[...]

Says the guy who insists that just about EVERYTHING is ****ed up...
and that he knows how to cure it! Jesus Christ, at least I recognize
that reality is immune to ranting.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair

wrote:

whoyakidding's ghost wrote:

[...]

EA is right and you're wrong... just about "EVERYTHING" is ****ed up.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair

wrote:

om...
wrote:

whoyakidding's ghost wrote:

[...]

What makes you think EA gives a crap about reality?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair

news:j510j8l9pk8op0qs7m8c8vkc71mvrdha74@4ax. com...
wrote:

whoyakidding's ghost wrote:

[...]

Without it he'd have nothing to rant about. Not that I don't like a
good rant. Lewis Black is one of my favorite comics. It's great that
he can make a living ranting about colorful solutions to problems like
whiny kids. But if Black ever stepped out of character and said "I
mean it, let's dispose of some of these little ****ers," then he'd
only be a crackpot. And so it is with EA. Its' funny to read him
saying that car design is so simple that most RCM members (many of
whom appear to be permanently unemployed for very good reasons) could
show the car companies everything they're doing wrong. And then you
realize he's ****ing serious!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair

wrote:

whoyakidding's ghost wrote:

[...]

Can you point me to any post you have ever made regarding
metalworking?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair

wrote:

What makes you think EA gives a crap about reality?

He wouldn't know reality if it was delivered on a silver platter and
introduced its self to him. He would mumble incoherently and ask if it
had any drugs.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair

wrote:

whoyakidding's ghost wrote:

[...]

Well, inneresting point, whose subtleties are waaaaaay beyond your grade
level.

What makes you think EA gives a crap about reality?

Without it he'd have nothing to rant about. Not that I don't like a
good rant. Lewis Black is one of my favorite comics. It's great that
he can make a living ranting about colorful solutions to problems like
whiny kids. But if Black ever stepped out of character and said "I
mean it, let's dispose of some of these little ****ers," then he'd
only be a crackpot. And so it is with EA. Its' funny to read him
saying that car design is so simple that most RCM members (many of
whom appear to be permanently unemployed for very good reasons) could
show the car companies everything they're doing wrong. And then you
realize he's ****ing serious!

First, I never said that. There goes your artful strawman contrivance --
apparently your reading comprehension is as low as krw's and Terrels....
Second -- does kaopectate work for diarrhea of the mouth? Why don't you try
some, and report back.
Third -- Gee, I'm sooo glad you like Lewis Black.....
--
EA

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair

wrote:

whoyakidding's ghost wrote:

[...]

Can't you see that Kidding is omniscient? He no need no stinkin skills or
practical knowledge.
'course, his omniscience is ABOUT things, not that he can actually DO
anything.
He can't even calculate kWhrs.... which is why he talks in flowery
generalities, makes up strawman contrivances.
If he could calculate kWhrs, he would have contributed meaningfully to the
Volt thread.
I'll resurrect that stuff sooner or later, when I get a break from the
GR510.
Then we'll see how incompetent these arm-chair QBs/nay-saying assholes
really are.
--
EA

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair

wrote:

whoyakidding's ghost wrote:

[...]

Including medical research. University research labs are now largely bought
and paid for by Big Pharm, Big Med, Big Agri. True Fact now = False Fact.

As far as EV's go, Kidding is so bizzy building straw men (and S'gHOD), he
has yet to grok a SINGLE point about the design conundrum.

Lower the hp, put in bigger cheaper batts, lower the weight, ret rid of the
bells/whistles, and BAM, you'd have a workable ALL electric car. The reason
the Tesla has some range (and the others don't), is cuz Tesla's battery is
4X the kWhrs of the others. DOH

Or add a small gas generator, as more of a backup than as a big honking
primary power source -- that would keep it lighter, cheaper. Or, a bigger
unit as an option, for longer distance drivers.

Get rid of gummint/industry corruption, and the process would be even
faster. Now THAT is admittedly fantasy.... lol

Just to be clear, I never said RCMers could build a Volt. I said they could
build a serviceable electric car.
Incl. Gummer. Mebbe even esp. Gummer.

But Kidding is so impressed with the 36" shadow of his 3" dick, he cain't
stop flapping it.
--
EA

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair

On Sun, 3 Mar 2013 09:13:34 -0500, "Existential Angst"
wrote:

Just to be clear, I never said RCMers could build a Volt.

You say a lot of stupid things, frequently falling back on what
"could" be done. Except none of them are happening, and your
explanations for that obvious fact tend to be more ridiculous than
whatever you said originally. The facts are simple: vehicles are built
based on what's marketable and what's possible. You can adjust your
outlook to reality, or continue ranting.

I said they could
build a serviceable electric car.

As far as I've read, there is exactly one guy here who's "built" an
electric car. IIRC, it was a conversion, it's long gone, and it's safe
to assume that there's a good reason we're talking past tense. But
since you'd have us believe you'd buy something like that, then why
not contact him and either have him build you one, or advise you how
to proceed? Answer: because your criticisms of available commercial
products like the Volt would seem quaint compared to your complaints
about whatever he could direct you towards.

Incl. Gummer. Mebbe even esp. Gummer.

Well, do you need his email address or what? Clearly he could use the
income. You seem to have come down from hub motors to something more
along the lines of a glorified golf cart. Those do not have to be
built, but merely assembled from donor cars and conversion kits that
are readily available. Put your money where your mouth is!

In the remote case that you find some flimsy excuse to avoid
assembling what you want, drivable versions of your dream car are IN
STOCK ready to roll! Here's one http://www.e-volks.com/6.html. Looks
nice, and only a little more outright than the $6k you quoted as a
year's payment on a Volt. Here's another
http://www.e-volks.com/74_orange_vw.html that's $4k, and it includes
the lathe hauling ability you desire. Cold weather range of 12 miles
at 50 too short for your needs? Well you're in luck, there's room on
that deck for an ICE generator AND an AC unit! Best of all, there
isn't any problem with these vehicles being burdened by the air bags
or computers or government mind****ing that you've been claiming are
preventing you from having an EV.

Note: These vehicles are as simple and affordable as you've been
mindlessly insisting on. And yet the two versions that are capable of
"highway" speeds appear to weigh about 3000 pounds. Curious eh? Must
be the 1000 pound transmission they failed to turf. But hey, no
problem. Gunner is surely as talented at TIG as he is at sexual
conquest. Have him build you an aluminum body.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair

On Sat, 2 Mar 2013 23:32:16 -0500, "Existential Angst"
wrote:

Can't you see that Kidding is omniscient? He no need no stinkin skills or
practical knowledge.
'course, his omniscience is ABOUT things, not that he can actually DO
anything.
He can't even calculate kWhrs....

Arf arf. More of your wishful thinking! Thank you for yet another
example of your easy to debunk horse****. The REALITY is that if
either you or Bonkers were bright enough to take a couple of minutes
to check your facts before telling a stupid lie, then you'd have
discovered the following quotes from my previous posts:

"Think energy instead of power. The Volt's useable capacity is about
10kwh ($1 at average utility rate). It takes about 12 hours to charge
from a standard 120V outlet or 3 hours from a standard 240V outlet."

"A full charge on a Volt requires about 13kwh. Note the hour part.
http://gm-volt.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-5610.html Some
approximate numbers off the top of my head: if one's daily mileage
averages half the cars battery range then the array could be about 10
of these or the equivalent plus the usual grid inverter etc.
http://www.sunelec.com/evergreen-sol...-b-p-1623.html
Adjust size to suit owner's miles and location. I'm considering
installing enough for the car and my home's use. PV is cheap right now
so I may go overboard and shoot for running a net surplus."

"1800 sq ft square single story = single wall face 43.5 ft X 8' = 349
sq ft = about 3.4kw actual X 4 hours average (location dependant) =
13.6kwh. Approximately enough to fully charge the car 7 days per week.
Less required if you don't drive every day or use the full battery
every day of driving. Example: if your commute is 20 miles round trip
then you might only charge 3 times per week and could either live in
Seattle or downsize the array to suit. "
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Very good. You can type, and you can copy and paste someone else's
work/estimate.
Actually, it's more than I expected....

OK.....
You've actually made my case. More later, but let's see, in the meantime,
if you can now (all by yerself) compare gas MPGs with electric MPGe's.

Good links, btw. See the good you can do when you pull your dick out of
your mouth.?
--
EA

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair

wrote:

whoyakidding's ghost wrote:

[...]

What I can see is that "whoyakidding" continues to ignore the direct
questions I ask him. Like you, I see no evidence that "whoyakidding"
has any metalworking skills or practical knowledge.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

If you truly believed the words weren't mine, then it would have been
REALLY easy for you to go here
http://groups.google.com/advanced_search?q=&, search for the quoted
material, and post the name of the original author Except that the
calculations were in response to someone's claim that "One face of a
typical home will get you a couple KW for a few hours a day" and
therefore my numbers HAD to be original. Whoyakidding? You already
KNOW I wrote the material, and any sensible reader can see for
themselves that you got caught telling a stupid lie. Now you're too
cowardly to admit ****ing up.

In case anyone else is reading, you can click on the link below to see
my original posts.
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rec....I/QlQgeNnt__sJ

More later,

I can hardly wait.

but let's see, in the meantime,
if you can now (all by yerself) compare gas MPGs with electric MPGe's.

Arf arf. Oh yeah, I'm going to write some more that you'll claim I
copied and pasted. Why don't YOU google what I've already written on
the subject, and then get your ass back here with an apology if you
have the guts.

Good links, btw. See the good you can do when you pull your dick out of
your mouth.?

Have you been taking self contradiction lessons from Gunner? Why are
you giving me credit for links that 3 sentences ago you accused me of
copying and pasting?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I have no doubt *you* actually typed and posted the stuff, it's just a
virtual certainty that whatever you do post is essentially the plagiarized
thinking of others. Or, what is so popular in these here ngs, the blind and
mindless citation game of web****, toward the end of some appeal to
"authority".... like, well, Consumer Reports -- which actually is not a bad
authority to appeal to, but if you don't have a fukn clue as to *how THEY*
come up with their stuff, then you don't have a clue as to how valid it is.
And CR DOES **** up, periodically -- which of course you would never be
aware of, since you mindlessly cite.

And, really, CR is just about the best *you* can do.

More later,

I can hardly wait.

Oh, yer gonna love it.

but let's see, in the meantime,
if you can now (all by yerself) compare gas MPGs with electric MPGe's.

Arf arf. Oh yeah, I'm going to write some more that you'll claim I
copied and pasted. Why don't YOU google what I've already written on
the subject, and then get your ass back here with an apology if you
have the guts.

See the above.

Good links, btw. See the good you can do when you pull your dick out of
your mouth.?

Have you been taking self contradiction lessons from Gunner? Why are
you giving me credit for links that 3 sentences ago you accused me of
copying and pasting?

Because you copied and pasted good links!!! I see no contradiction there.
You have to give SOME credit to a plagiarist, if they at least have the
sense/taste to plagiarize good stuff..... right?

But, toward that end, altho you have attempted to show off your
"calculational abilities" via copying and pasting, you ALSO reveal that you
do not have a fukn clue as to what those calculations are really about or
what the real problem is, because you left so much "hanging"....
IOW, you couldn't even COMPLETE the logical conclusion of """"your own""""
calcs!!!!
Good show....

But don't worry, I will do that for you, fort'wit'....
Study hard, tho, cuz you will be tested at the end.
--
EA

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair

wrote:

whoyakidding's ghost wrote:

[...]

Kidding is a master of debate -- heh, a masturdebater?? -- of contrived
strawmen.
He argues well, but only for the sake of arguing, to put people down. He
cheats by sneaking in strawmen.
He has no real insight, his only concern is to cow/bully people into
THINKING he has great insights. He's basically a bull**** put-down
artist -- who, like most bull****ters, will eventually tip his hand. As he
has done here.

He couldn't carry his own calculations -- or whosever calculations those
were -- to their logical conclusion, ie, toward the solution of the
problem.... which is to definitively compare EV costs with ICE costs.

This dick would rather tool around in his Volt, and brag about it like it
was some kind of convertible Ferrari.....
He's too stupid to realize that he will NEVER recoup is "investment" over,
say, a Honda Fit, and then the asshole wants kilowatts of solar cell panels
to charge his fukn electric car..... which will simply make his break-even
ROI about 45 years instead of "only" 15 or 20 years.

Yet he espouses his solar bull**** like he is some kind of fukn expert.

Now, contrary to how things have evolved, I'm not "against" the Volt. I
think the Volt is a great car, which I've stated repeatedly. I think Solar
is great. But not if I"m going to be economically proctologically violated
in tryna be green.

AND, I don't really criticize people who DO spend $$ toward he pursuit of
green-ness, gas independence, etc.
But, call a spade a spade, ferchrissakes, and *acknowledge the expense*,
instead of furthering the hype.
Frankly, I don't even see what this huge fukn debate is all about.

But, the debate will end, largely, in my next round of calcs -- altho there
will always be gray, ambigerous areas to the EV/ICE thing.
Still, it's useful to at least *identify* those gray areas, for future
clarification -- all beyond Kidding's abilities of course, both academically
and emotionally.
--
EA

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Oh, so you're down to "virtual certainty" now! Like I said, too
gutless to admit being wrong. A classic crackpot move, as if nobody
else will be able to see the obvious, and will accept your chicken****
opinion instead.

More later,

I can hardly wait.

Oh, yer gonna love it.

Whoyakidding? Anybody who's done the most modest research on EVs knows
that your keyboard designing of a 2000 pound RCM version is patently
ridiculous. All is takes is a little common sense to realize that a
cheap **** flyweight car like a Geo Metro weighs almost that much. An
electric motor, controller, wiring etc will weigh about the same as
the original engine. Every ounce of battery added will drive the
weight above the original's, which is why even the most flimsy
conversions with 40 mph top speeds weigh upwards of 3000 pounds, and
the ones that can do 75 weigh as much or more than a Volt, which is
real car that you believe is too heavy.

But, toward that end, altho you have attempted to show off your
"calculational abilities" via copying and pasting, you ALSO reveal that you
do not have a fukn clue as to what those calculations are really about or
what the real problem is, because you left so much "hanging"....
IOW, you couldn't even COMPLETE the logical conclusion of """"your own""""
calcs!!!!

OK I get it. You don't like being called a crackpot or being exposed
for how little you know about a subject you've supposedly researched.
But do you really think that making up more crackpot claims is going
to help your case? Yes you do!

Good show....

But don't worry, I will do that for you, fort'wit'....
Study hard, tho, cuz you will be tested at the end.

LOL What's taking so long?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair

On Mon, 4 Mar 2013 06:12:16 -0500, "Existential Angst"
wrote:

But, the debate will end, largely, in my next round of calcs

What a goddamned joke. Your threatened opus of calc sounds more and
more like the great cull.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair

wrote:
But, the debate will end, largely, in my next round of calcs

What a goddamned joke. Your threatened opus of calc sounds more and
more like the great cull.

It doesn't sound anything at all like the great cull to me.