Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
whoyakidding's ghost whoyakidding's ghost is offline

Default The Ante of Design..... and whoyakidding's delusions....

On Sat, 2 Mar 2013 23:32:16 -0500, "Existential Angst"
wrote:

Can't you see that Kidding is omniscient? He no need no stinkin skills or
practical knowledge.
'course, his omniscience is ABOUT things, not that he can actually DO
anything.
He can't even calculate kWhrs....

Arf arf. More of your wishful thinking! Thank you for yet another
example of your easy to debunk horse****. The REALITY is that if
either you or Bonkers were bright enough to take a couple of minutes
to check your facts before telling a stupid lie, then you'd have
discovered the following quotes from my previous posts:

"Think energy instead of power. The Volt's useable capacity is about
10kwh ($1 at average utility rate). It takes about 12 hours to charge
from a standard 120V outlet or 3 hours from a standard 240V outlet."

"A full charge on a Volt requires about 13kwh. Note the hour part.
http://gm-volt.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-5610.html Some
approximate numbers off the top of my head: if one's daily mileage
averages half the cars battery range then the array could be about 10
of these or the equivalent plus the usual grid inverter etc.
http://www.sunelec.com/evergreen-sol...-b-p-1623.html
Adjust size to suit owner's miles and location. I'm considering
installing enough for the car and my home's use. PV is cheap right now
so I may go overboard and shoot for running a net surplus."

"1800 sq ft square single story = single wall face 43.5 ft X 8' = 349
sq ft = about 3.4kw actual X 4 hours average (location dependant) =
13.6kwh. Approximately enough to fully charge the car 7 days per week.
Less required if you don't drive every day or use the full battery
every day of driving. Example: if your commute is 20 miles round trip
then you might only charge 3 times per week and could either live in
Seattle or downsize the array to suit. "