Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Existential Angst[_2_] Existential Angst[_2_] is offline

Default The Ante of Design..... and whoyakidding's delusions....

"whoyakidding's ghost" wrote in message
On Fri, 01 Mar 2013 16:46:53 -0800, wrote:

On Fri, 1 Mar 2013 03:11:57 -0500, "Existential Angst"
wrote:

"whoyakidding's ghost" wrote in message
On Thu, 28 Feb 2013 15:55:32 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:

whoyakidding's ghost wrote:

I do tend to get competitive when jerks are trying to weave in and
out
of bumper to bumper traffic in order to fill the tragically empty
half
a car length space in front of me. I love to smugly leave that type
of
guy standing still at the light. Yeah we're not going to get far from
one another in traffic but it gives my wife something to complain
about which is good because otherwise she'd get bored with my
perfection.

Take no note of the person who squeezes in front of you. Chances are,
in a
minute or so, he'll be gone squeezing in front of someone else, while
you
return to the regular order.

The trouble is that if it's anywhere in front of me, then I get to
fall back a notch with each jammer. And when people see that jamming
in works, they do it as well. If you look for the effect at really
busy offramps, you might note dozens of people who got over when they
were supposed to, stopped permanently while the jammers flow onto the
ramp without delay.

And YOU are going to teach them ALL a lesson, eh??

The main thing I teach jerks at stoplights is that two footed pedal
application and average reflexes can leave the "badest" vehicle far
behind. It's all the better when the student gets to see the fearsome
word "Volt" facing him from the far side of the intersection. And it's
only fair that since I have to listen to my wife saying "stop doing
that", that there could be a female passenger in the badster saying "I
thought you said your truck was powerful."

You weren't held much as a child, were you? goodgawd.....
--
EA