Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

Default Rabbits Wreaking Havoc On Cars At Denver Airport

It's bad enough that you're consuming yourselves as a country.

Now the rabbits are helping to finish the job.

"My insurance didn’t cover it"

Ah ha - you bunch of lusers.

Insurance companies always find a way to worm themselves out of paying.

"Hungry hares are not just a problem at DIA - other private
parking lots are having trouble too. Lot owners tell CBS4
that they’re trying to deter the rabbits with extra fencing
and coyote urine."

Yea - that's where I want to live - in a city reeking with the smell of
coyote urine.

====================

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/01/2...n-cars-at-dia/

DENVER (CBS4) Travelers have a warning for drivers who park their cars
near Denver International Airport (DIA). Rabbits are chewing the wires
under many cars costing owners a lot of money. The rabbits get in and
chew the brake lines, the clutch lines and other wiring. Local car
repair shops estimates they can do thousands of dollars in damage.

“When I had the trouble with the oil light coming on, the dealer told me
the wires that controlled the air conditioning were chewed,” said Ken
Blum, one car owner who knows all about the not so funny bunny business
at DIA.

Blum has had to have repairs done on his car twice due to rabbit damage
and he estimates the cost at approximately $700.

“I saw no signs…nothing to tell me, ‘Hey, beware’,” Blum told CBS4. “My
insurance didn’t cover it, the manufacturer didn’t cover it.”

This isn’t a new problem at the airport. CBS4 first started covering
hungry hares in 1999. They were munching on the wires of de-icing
equipment. Now it seems they’ve moved to the outlying parking lots.

CBS4 contacted airport officials about the problem. They said that only
a small percentage of the people who park out there ever complain of
rabbit caused car problems. They also told CBS4 that United States
Department of Agriculture Wildlife Services agents patrol the parking
lots and remove rabbits when they see them.

Hungry hares are not just a problem at DIA, other private parking lots
are having trouble too. Lot owners tell CBS4 that they’re trying to
deter the rabbits with extra fencing and coyote urine.
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,rec.autos.tech

"Bugs Bunny" "And Now I "@Eat your car. wrote in message
[...]

What a pita....

Squirrels can do some of the same, iirc, but mebbe not so determinedly.
--
EA

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 30 Jan 2013 05:20:49 -0500, "Existential Angst"
wrote:

DENVER (CBS4) Travelers have a warning for drivers who park their cars
near Denver International Airport (DIA). Rabbits are chewing the wires
under many cars costing owners a lot of money. The rabbits get in and
chew the brake lines, the clutch lines and other wiring. Local car
repair shops estimates they can do thousands of dollars in damage.

While I can see a rabbit *able* to chew wires, there is no way they can
chew thru brake lines. I think this is an article written by the
National Enquirer or similar rag. And having had pet rabbits in the
past, they CAN and DID chew up plastic bowls, but I see no reason they
would chew up wires. The bowls are where their food came from, thus
they chewed on them, but this article seems way too far fetched.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On Jan 30, 5:30*am, Bugs Bunny wrote:
wrote:
While I can see a rabbit *able* to chew wires, there is no way
they can chew thru brake lines.

Yes - they can chew through the flexible part of the brake line that
connects directly to each brake caliper.

Those "flexible parts" contain wire reinforcement, not just rubber or
plastic.

I wonder what good warning signs could do. People going to airports
are going to have to park somewhere (if not arriving by taxi).
Perhaps a going buisness of a booth with "renta rabbit guard".
Homeless probably would mind sitting around waiting to be hired o do
nothing but fight off raging hordes of rabbits.

Harry K

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On Wed, 30 Jan 2013 08:30:47 -0500, Bugs Bunny wrote:

wrote:

While I can see a rabbit *able* to chew wires, there is no way
they can chew thru brake lines.

Yes - they can chew through the flexible part of the brake line that
connects directly to each brake caliper.

The little buggers can chew through the nylon/plastic fuel lines
too. And power steering and transmission cooler lines.

They really like the rubber best because it holds salt
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

wrote:
While I can see a rabbit *able* to chew wires, there is no way
they can chew thru brake lines.

Yes - they can chew through the flexible part of the brake line that
connects directly to each brake caliper.

Those "flexible parts" contain wire reinforcement, not just rubber or
plastic.

No wire in brake flex lines. Just fabric.
I wonder what good warning signs could do. People going to airports
are going to have to park somewhere (if not arriving by taxi).
Perhaps a going buisness of a booth with "renta rabbit guard".
Homeless probably would mind sitting around waiting to be hired o do
nothing but fight off raging hordes of rabbits.

Harry K

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/30/2013 3:54 PM, wrote:

wrote:

DENVER (CBS4) Travelers have a warning for drivers who park their cars
near Denver International Airport (DIA). Rabbits are chewing the wires
under many cars costing owners a lot of money. The rabbits get in and
chew the brake lines, the clutch lines and other wiring. Local car
repair shops estimates they can do thousands of dollars in damage.

While I can see a rabbit *able* to chew wires, there is no way they can
chew thru brake lines. I think this is an article written by the
National Enquirer or similar rag. And having had pet rabbits in the
past, they CAN and DID chew up plastic bowls, but I see no reason they
would chew up wires. The bowls are where their food came from, thus
they chewed on them, but this article seems way too far fetched.

Believe me, they can and DO eat rubber hoses (brake and clutch lines)
and wiring. My brother had a pet rabbit. It had the run of the house
and atekeyboard and mouse cables, lamp cords, and the power cord to
the printer. It blew several fuses without ever harming itself.

A darn chipmunk did over $1500 damage to my wife's Mystique - wirs,
vacuum hoses, and hood insulator.

My sister and her husband had a weird little dog that would get angry
and run around the house yanking out all the lamp and appliance power
cords. One day, weird little dog bit down too hard. After cleaning up
the mess caused by the evacuation of weird dog's alimentary tract and
determining weird little dog was still alive, my sister said weird dog
was even weirder afterwards but he never touched another power cord. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

wrote:
While I can see a rabbit *able* to chew wires, there is no way
they can chew thru brake lines.

Yes - they can chew through the flexible part of the brake line that
connects directly to each brake caliper.

Those "flexible parts" contain wire reinforcement, not just rubber or
plastic.

I wonder what good warning signs could do. People going to airports
are going to have to park somewhere (if not arriving by taxi).
Perhaps a going buisness of a booth with "renta rabbit guard".
Homeless probably would mind sitting around waiting to be hired o do
nothing but fight off raging hordes of rabbits.

Harry K

There's only one way to find out. I'll go under my car and see if I can
chew thru one of my brake hoses. Just hope my dentures dont brake.
Here goes......

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

Ah, come on, now, Give the guy a brake / break.

If nothing else, the auto word play provides a
brake in the routine. Though, I do hope the OP
doesn't have any more break problems with his
car.

Would a work scheduler at a garage be a break
brake broker?

What did the word play Superbowl coach say to
his team? Pun......t!

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"PeterD" wrote in message
24...
wrote in
:

There's only one way to find out. I'll go under my car and see if I can
chew thru one of my brake hoses. Just hope my dentures dont brake.
Here goes......

Do your dentures brake on the food when you chew?
Do your dentures break when you chew on your car wires?

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

Let's put the brakes on this one before it breaks any further.

On 01-31-2013 18:31, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Ah, come on, now, Give the guy a brake / break.

If nothing else, the auto word play provides a
brake in the routine. Though, I do hope the OP
doesn't have any more break problems with his
car.

Would a work scheduler at a garage be a break
brake broker?

What did the word play Superbowl coach say to
his team? Pun......t!

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

"PeterD" wrote in message
24...
wrote in
:

There's only one way to find out. I'll go under my car and see if I can
chew thru one of my brake hoses. Just hope my dentures dont brake.
Here goes......

Do your dentures brake on the food when you chew?
Do your dentures break when you chew on your car wires?

--
Wes Groleau

After the christening of his baby brother in church, Jason sobbed
all the way home in the back seat of the car. His father asked him
three times what was wrong. Finally, the boy replied, €œThat preacher
said he wanted us brought up in a Christian home, and I wanted to
stay with you guys."
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

Oh, ouch, that's quite an indictment.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Wes Groleau" wrote in message

After the christening of his baby brother in church, Jason sobbed
all the way home in the back seat of the car. His father asked him
three times what was wrong. Finally, the boy replied, "That preacher
said he wanted us brought up in a Christian home, and I wanted to
stay with you guys."

JFK Airport Security MAJOR Fail rangerssuck Metalworking 4 August 15th 12 06:49 PM
OT - Airport Queues for Bag Drop Off DerbyBoy UK diy 85 June 1st 11 12:27 PM
OT -- Small Cars Are Dangerous Cars - Fuel economy zealots can kill you Joseph Gwinn Metalworking 50 May 2nd 09 06:59 AM
Raccoon havoc HeyBub[_3_] Home Repair 11 August 18th 08 03:54 AM
Are Your Cosmetics Wreaking Havoc On Your Skin? [email protected] Home Ownership 0 February 14th 08 03:33 PM