Posted to alt.home.repair
Erik[_5_] Erik[_5_] is offline

Default Rabbits Wreaking Havoc On Cars At Denver Airport

In article ,
wrote:

On Wed, 30 Jan 2013 05:20:49 -0500, "Existential Angst"
wrote:

DENVER (CBS4) Travelers have a warning for drivers who park their cars
near Denver International Airport (DIA). Rabbits are chewing the wires
under many cars costing owners a lot of money. The rabbits get in and
chew the brake lines, the clutch lines and other wiring. Local car
repair shops estimates they can do thousands of dollars in damage.

While I can see a rabbit *able* to chew wires, there is no way they can
chew thru brake lines. I think this is an article written by the
National Enquirer or similar rag. And having had pet rabbits in the
past, they CAN and DID chew up plastic bowls, but I see no reason they
would chew up wires. The bowls are where their food came from, thus
they chewed on them, but this article seems way too far fetched.

Maybe the reporter was awkwardly speaking of anti lock brake wheel speed
sensor wiring. This wiring is readily accessible to animals. There are
exposed brake hoses as well...

Far as 'clutch lines'... go, I don't know... unless they're talking
about clutch slave cylinder hoses.

Erik