Posted to alt.home.repair

Default WOW, We have a new President

Just seen on TV, we now have a new President....
Well, ok, a new USED president....
Errr, actually the same old president with a new suit and tie....

I wonder how many billions all this inauguration hoopla is costing us
taxpayers?

And all the Soaps normally shown on tv have been cancelled for this...
I'm not sure which is worse, the inauguration or the soaps??????

Yes, this has absolutely nothing to do with home repair, feel free to
kick me in the balls! I deserve it!

Posted to alt.home.repair

I await how he's going to blame this all on the
last administration. You know, from 2009 to
2012.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

wrote in message
Just seen on TV, we now have a new President....
Well, ok, a new USED president....
Errr, actually the same old president with a new suit and tie....

I wonder how many billions all this inauguration hoopla is costing us
taxpayers?

And all the Soaps normally shown on tv have been cancelled for this...
I'm not sure which is worse, the inauguration or the soaps??????

Yes, this has absolutely nothing to do with home repair, feel free to
kick me in the balls! I deserve it!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 21 Jan 2013 17:30:31 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

The actual swearing-in ceremony will cost $1.24 million, according to Carole
Florman, spokeswoman for the Joint Congressional Committee on Inaugural
Ceremonies.
It's the security, parties and countless Porta-a-Potty rentals that really
run up the bill.

That seems almost impossible. Granted there is a lot of security, and
that's not cheap. Porta potties usually cost about $40 each for a
weekend (I had to rent a few of them once for an event). And I suppose
they had to build the stage platform (which should have been recycled
from the last inauguration). but somehow I just cant see this adding up
to $1.24 million.....

$124,000, sure, that would seem about right. Even $300,000, I go along
with.... But most of us have heard that when the govt. buys a hammer,
they usually pay around $100 to as much as $200 for it. Hey, it's the
same hammer that you or I can buy at the corner hardware store for
$29.99, but the govt has these suppliers who know they can charge
whatever they want for items.

If the govt really wants to cut the natl debt, they need to spend he
same as the rest of us. Whatever reason they cant send their workers to
a regular store to buy stuff like that, makes no sense to me. Sure,
some items they buy are special, like parts for aircraft and military
items, but for normal common things, why do they insist on using these
suppliers that rob them?

Rather than concentrating on all the big cuts, they should start with
the small items. They'd likely save large amounts of money and it all
adds up, just like tossing my pocket change in a jar for a year, can add
up to a sizable amount.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 21 Jan 2013 17:00:11 -0500, Dan Espen
wrote:

writes:

Just seen on TV, we now have a new President....
Well, ok, a new USED president....
Errr, actually the same old president with a new suit and tie....

I wonder how many billions all this inauguration hoopla is costing us
taxpayers?

I guess you were out of the room when the teacher explained that
inaugurations are funded with donations.

I guess I was, I never knew that. But its still sad, when that money
could be used to help needy people as well as pay off some of the debt.

That's to give the donors another chance to buy influence during
the election cycle.

And all the Soaps normally shown on tv have been cancelled for this...
I'm not sure which is worse, the inauguration or the soaps??????

Been watching soaps?

No, I hate them, but compared to the inauguration, the boredom and
uselessness was about the same
That might be the problem right there.

Yes, this has absolutely nothing to do with home repair, feel free to
kick me in the balls! I deserve it!

Weren't you complaining the other day?

Yep

Oh, the irony.

I'm claiming the "humor exception" for this post.

Ok, then it was not a total waste

Posted to alt.home.repair

--
Dan Espen

this is why he's in my KF....all hat.......

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
I await how he's going to blame this all on the
last administration. You know, from 2009 to
2012.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org

But, as usual, you are completely clueless.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 21 Jan 2013 18:10:46 -0800, "ChairMan"
wrote:

"Dan Espen" wrote in message
writes:

Weren't you complaining the other day?

Oh, the irony.

I'm claiming the "humor exception" for this post.

--
Dan Espen

this is why he's in my KF....all hat.......

He's got part of the horse, anyway.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Aparently, the "free phone" segment of the population is still active. What
a shame. The fascist take over continues.
http://reagancoalition.com/articles/...-tx-dem-o.html
TX Democrat calls for impeachment.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message

Yes, this has absolutely nothing to do with home repair, feel free to
kick me in the balls! I deserve it!

I heard his speech at his coronation today, full of Commiecrat talking
points. O_o

TDD