Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] homeowner@home.com is offline

Default WOW, We have a new President

On Mon, 21 Jan 2013 17:30:31 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

The actual swearing-in ceremony will cost $1.24 million, according to Carole
Florman, spokeswoman for the Joint Congressional Committee on Inaugural
Ceremonies.
It's the security, parties and countless Porta-a-Potty rentals that really
run up the bill.

That seems almost impossible. Granted there is a lot of security, and
that's not cheap. Porta potties usually cost about $40 each for a
weekend (I had to rent a few of them once for an event). And I suppose
they had to build the stage platform (which should have been recycled
from the last inauguration). but somehow I just cant see this adding up
to $1.24 million.....

$124,000, sure, that would seem about right. Even $300,000, I go along
with.... But most of us have heard that when the govt. buys a hammer,
they usually pay around $100 to as much as $200 for it. Hey, it's the
same hammer that you or I can buy at the corner hardware store for
$29.99, but the govt has these suppliers who know they can charge
whatever they want for items.

If the govt really wants to cut the natl debt, they need to spend he
same as the rest of us. Whatever reason they cant send their workers to
a regular store to buy stuff like that, makes no sense to me. Sure,
some items they buy are special, like parts for aircraft and military
items, but for normal common things, why do they insist on using these
suppliers that rob them?

Rather than concentrating on all the big cuts, they should start with
the small items. They'd likely save large amounts of money and it all
adds up, just like tossing my pocket change in a jar for a year, can add
up to a sizable amount.