Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Yuma AZ handyman?

Can anyone possibly recommend a handyman in Yuma AZ? I have had several
good ones in the past but they all retired or moved. Ads I've responded to
were poor - very expensive and/or didn't follow through on work. Googled
but found poor reviews. Anyone here have anyone you've tried and liked?

I know it's very unlikely I'll get a name here but I thought it was worth a
try.

TIA

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, January 10, 2013 8:37:19 AM UTC-8, KenK wrote:
Can anyone possibly recommend a handyman in Yuma AZ? I have had several

good ones in the past but they all retired or moved. Ads I've responded to

were poor - very expensive and/or didn't follow through on work. Googled

but found poor reviews. Anyone here have anyone you've tried and liked?

I know it's very unlikely I'll get a name here but I thought it was worth a

try.

TIA

I’m not anywhere near there so I can’t help you
but a word of advise that I can give you is that
find someone who stands behind his work.
If he or she doesn’t guarantee their work
it doesn’t matter how inexpensive they are
because you’ll be paying more in the long run.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/10/2013 8:37 AM, KenK wrote:
Can anyone possibly recommend a handyman in Yuma AZ? I have had several
good ones in the past but they all retired or moved. Ads I've responded to
were poor - very expensive and/or didn't follow through on work. Googled
but found poor reviews. Anyone here have anyone you've tried and liked?

I know it's very unlikely I'll get a name here but I thought it was worth a
try.

TIA

Go talk to a couple of rental property management companies. See if they
will tell you who they use.

Paul
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10 Jan 2013 16:37:19 GMT, KenK wrote:

I know it's very unlikely I'll get a name here but I thought it was worth a
try.

Contact a local real estate agent. They have folks they use. Ask them
for names. Is your agent still local and recent?

If you get an odd number of names, add one and divide by two.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/10/13 10:37 AM, KenK wrote:
Can anyone possibly recommend a handyman in Yuma AZ? I have had several
good ones in the past but they all retired or moved. Ads I've responded to
were poor - very expensive and/or didn't follow through on work. Googled
but found poor reviews. Anyone here have anyone you've tried and liked?

I know it's very unlikely I'll get a name here but I thought it was worth a
try.

TIA

Have you looked at Angie's List? I don't know anything about it
other than hearing it advertised.
There is another one called Home Adviser. Like Angie's List, I don't
know anything about it.
Better Business Bureau?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/10/2013 6:30 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 1/10/13 10:37 AM, KenK wrote:
Can anyone possibly recommend a handyman in Yuma AZ? I have had several
good ones in the past but they all retired or moved. Ads I've
responded to
were poor - very expensive and/or didn't follow through on work. Googled
but found poor reviews. Anyone here have anyone you've tried and liked?

I know it's very unlikely I'll get a name here but I thought it was
worth a
try.

TIA

Have you looked at Angie's List? I don't know anything about it
other than hearing it advertised.
There is another one called Home Adviser. Like Angie's List, I don't
know anything about it.
Better Business Bureau?

I was also going to suggest Angie's list. I've been happy with just
about everyone I've used from my local AL. You can get month to month,
so could look this up and then drop it. Me, I just waited until there
was a good deal on signing up (Groupon etc periodically have specials
for subscriptions). My last was ~$30/yr.

1-888-944-5478 - I doubt they'd give you names because of course they
want to sell membership, but they may at least be able to tell you how
many entries there are in the handyman category. If you're in an area
with few reviews, it may not be worth it.

FWIW, I've also used one of the "Mr Handyman" services. They charge per
hour and I was happy with the job. At least being part of a company they
seemed to be less fly-by-night than the Craigslist types.

Gr8 Handyman TV DisTV Home Repair 0 May 1st 08 01:59 PM
Looking for bandsaw blades - Yuma, AZ mac davis[_2_] Woodworking 4 January 21st 08 03:08 AM
The Handyman Tim Daneliuk Woodworking 3 October 25th 07 02:20 AM
Handyman David Lang UK diy 92 July 6th 05 09:36 PM
HandyMan No More Andrew McKay UK diy 16 March 21st 05 03:35 PM