Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Looking for bandsaw blades - Yuma, AZ

I need to stock up on 105" bandsaw blades on my next trip to the States..

Anyone know of a saw shop/woodworking supply place in or near Yuma AZ?

Alternate shopping area: Calexico, CA or El Centro, CA...

thanks,

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.woodworking

Why not just order them from wherever you want, brand you want, best
price, and have them shipped to the location of your choice so they
will be there when you arrive in the states? There are dozens if not
hundreds of supply sources for blades and all will ship UPS.

We have been getting most of our blades from www.icst.com . We buy a
lot of sawmill bands from them as well as bands for the shop. They
have always been very competetive on price as well as very
knowledgable about the best blade for a given application. Great about
sending sample blades along with your order.

Mark

On Jan 19, 7:44*pm, mac davis wrote:
I need to stock up on 105" bandsaw blades on my next trip to the States..

Anyone know of a saw shop/woodworking supply place in or near Yuma AZ?

Alternate shopping area: Calexico, CA or El Centro, CA...

thanks,

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Posted to rec.woodworking

"mac davis" wrote

A friend is bringing some down from my old favorite saw shop in Fresno,
Ca, but
not for a week or 2 and Murphy's law says that my last blade will break
before
then if I don't go buy a few.. ;-]

How do the border guards react to your bandsaw blades and tools, etc?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 18:20:49 -0500, "Lee Michaels"
wrote:

"mac davis" wrote

A friend is bringing some down from my old favorite saw shop in Fresno,
Ca, but
not for a week or 2 and Murphy's law says that my last blade will break
before
then if I don't go buy a few.. ;-]

How do the border guards react to your bandsaw blades and tools, etc?

Well, that depends on if they SEE them, lee..

If they're small stuff, I usually bury them under the wife's grocery's.. bigger
stuff, we unpack and if they look, try to convince them it's used..

You are allowed to bring in $50 per person worth of stuff without paying duty..
If you pay it, it's 15 -17%..
If you try getting it across and get caught, and the officer is being serious,
it's double the duty on what HE estimates the value is..

Also, the reason that I'd prefer Yuma to El Centro is that the Yuma crossing
into Mexico is VERY relaxed and has just one line.. that means that IF they stop
you and ask what you're bringing in, you have a chance to tell them up front,
but if they just wave you through, you're cool..
On the CA crossings, you have "declare" and "No Declare" lanes.. If you're in a
no declare, which means you're not bringing anything back, and you get "red
lighted" and you have stuff, you're now a smuggler..

A friend got a $1,200 fine and his car impounded.. cost him about $2,000 and 2
days at the border before he was done..

FS-Bandsaw Blades Gunner Metalworking 18 May 19th 06 06:02 PM
Bandsaw blades Gunner Metalworking 10 March 24th 06 07:08 AM
Bandsaw Blades Ken Cutt Metalworking 6 August 28th 05 12:19 AM
Bandsaw Blades [email protected] Woodturning 13 January 30th 05 04:34 AM
bandsaw blades SteveB Metalworking 13 May 27th 04 01:06 PM