Posted to alt.home.repair
Lee B Lee B is offline

Default Yuma AZ handyman?

On 1/10/2013 6:30 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 1/10/13 10:37 AM, KenK wrote:
Can anyone possibly recommend a handyman in Yuma AZ? I have had several
good ones in the past but they all retired or moved. Ads I've
responded to
were poor - very expensive and/or didn't follow through on work. Googled
but found poor reviews. Anyone here have anyone you've tried and liked?

I know it's very unlikely I'll get a name here but I thought it was
worth a
try.

TIA

Have you looked at Angie's List? I don't know anything about it
other than hearing it advertised.
There is another one called Home Adviser. Like Angie's List, I don't
know anything about it.
Better Business Bureau?

I was also going to suggest Angie's list. I've been happy with just
about everyone I've used from my local AL. You can get month to month,
so could look this up and then drop it. Me, I just waited until there
was a good deal on signing up (Groupon etc periodically have specials
for subscriptions). My last was ~$30/yr.

1-888-944-5478 - I doubt they'd give you names because of course they
want to sell membership, but they may at least be able to tell you how
many entries there are in the handyman category. If you're in an area
with few reviews, it may not be worth it.

FWIW, I've also used one of the "Mr Handyman" services. They charge per
hour and I was happy with the job. At least being part of a company they
seemed to be less fly-by-night than the Craigslist types.